change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

I would prefer the choice of minutes or a package discount like we get on Celebrity. Elite members get 90 minutes and Elite Plus gets 240 minutes. Or you can get discounts on the unlimited package instead of the free minutes if you chose to. I think 25% Elite, 35% Elite Plus. None of the free 24 hours stuff.

Celebrity internet packages cost a lot more than Royal Caribbean packages though. If anyone thinks that there is anything fair or reasonable about what these cruise lines charge for internet the difference in prices for the same service belies that.

What am I missing here? 40% off still sounds like a pretty good perk...

No free days. For a couple of D+ on a 7 day cruise, they can probably get by without a package at all with 4 free days.

But for the many of us who always buy the package it sounds like quite an improvement of the benefit.

Except they keep raising the price of the packages. And you have to buy them onboard to get the discount. If you buy them online in advance they offer everyone a discount so in effect they are negating the loyalty perk.

But for the many of us who always buy the package it sounds like quite an improvement of the benefit.

It is not, it is 20% off for diamond, during sales I have gotten the package at 30% off, it is not a benefit. for our next cruise we were not planning on getting a package and just getting the free benefit now we would have to actually spend money to get internet, definitively not a perk.

The difference between flying and cruising is that most people need to fly to where they are going and cruising isn't a necessity.

People here are constantly comparing cruise lines to airlines when all that the two really have in common is that they operate very expensive pieces of machinery.

Except they keep raising the price of the packages. And you have to buy them onboard to get the discount. If you buy them online in advance they offer everyone a discount so in effect they are negating the loyalty perk.

I haven´t seen an online discount of 40% yet, so it´s still better. The perk has often been useless in the past, as the online package was the better deal, so if they improve the C&A discount now it might be worth it again.

Shouldn't be very hard for RCI to figure out how to keep both groups happy. If they can't figure it out all thy have to do is ask us.

It is not, it is 20% off for diamond, during sales I have gotten the package at 30% off, it is not a benefit. for our next cruise we were not planning on getting a package and just getting the free benefit now we would have to actually spend money to get internet, definitively not a perk.

Tough luck get to D+ or P :p

Funny – I guess others have realized the coins are worth more than the raffle ticket that most receive.

M

I won a t-shirt 2 years ago. They only had small and Medium sized shirts with an ugly design. At that point I decided to just keep the coins each time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Funny, I have always had to pay to get internet at home. Spending money to get internet, why that must be new to millions of people

Funny, I have always had to pay to get internet at home. Spending money to get internet, why that must be new to millions of people

And I have always paid for it on the cruise, it is one the perks as you move up in the loyalty program and they are taking it away, it is very disappointing to many people.

So do you have a problem with the free drinks in the DL too? I've always had to spend money to get a drink at home. Spending money on a drink, why that must be new to millions of people.

When you spend your money in most businesses they offer free Wi-Fi......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Your comment will not be welcome here.

Thanks for your honesty and being brave.

No one needs to feel brave. I'm sure everyone's comments are welcome in some degree.

Its comments that suggest removal or dilution of benefits that are the least welcome.

For those that always buy the package then a percentage off is good for you. But why should the free 24/48 hours be removed? The benefit could quite easily be one or the other... you choose the one you prefer.... simples!

No one needs to feel brave. I'm sure everyone's comments are welcome in some degree.

Its comments that suggest removal or dilution of benefits that are the least welcome.

For those that always buy the package then a percentage off is good for you. But why should the free 24/48 hours be removed? The benefit could quite easily be one or the other... you choose the one you prefer.... simples!

Correct I chose, and to me a higher percentage off instead of one or the other is the better deal. Like it or not, RCI didn´t offer the option of higher percentage off and one or the other. Their choice was to substitute of choice with higher percentage which os highly appreciated by me.

So do you have a problem with the free drinks in the DL too? I've always had to spend money to get a drink at home. Spending money on a drink, why that must be new to millions of people.

There is nothing free on a cruise on Royal and you know that. It's all paid for when passage is bought. There are things with no up charge or discounts. Royal does not have a supplier giving them booze with no charge nor some sat company giving them a tower or free access to a satalite. It's the age of entitlement.