change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

I spoke with the Diamond concierge tonight. He said the test was on the Grandeur, the Liberty and the Adventure. They got so much negative feedback from all of us, that they have canceled the change.
Dilly Dilly!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yes in a way because it was benefits that were promised to us. If the new people were never promised the same benefits that D & D+ now receive then they can't be upset. Never promised to them, never received them and can't be upset because it was never theirs in the first place.

Lets say you were promised a bonus at the end of the year if you did x, y & z after being a loyal employee for ? years. The new hire was never promised a bonus so he/she wouldn't be expecting it. Now someone decides to change their mind and tell you you aren't going to get your bonus. How would you feel?

I agree with this.

A carrot is put in front of you to stay loyal then taken away when you have achieved what was asked.

For a company as big as RC you have to question their integrity if they think this is acceptable.

I have only read through the first 10 pages of this thread. I didn't know this was happening so many thanks to CC folks for highlighting this.

I am disappointed as it is one of the few perks I have come to rely on as a D member. Not a deal breaker for me but erodes the benefits significantly if they go ahead with the change fleet wide.

I spoke with the Diamond concierge tonight. He said the test was on the Grandeur, the Liberty and the Adventure. They got so much negative feedback from all of us, that they have canceled the change.
Interesting. One of the onboard reports was from the Brilliance.
well it is April fools day ;)

If you google "Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society" on that site you will see her review. She is the second review down.

Thanks.. It was easy to find before I saw your post. Definitely worth looking for as it was pretty funny.

"I didn't do any research and now it is all your fault". <sigh>

Yes in a way because it was benefits that were promised to us. If the new people were never promised the same benefits that D & D+ now receive then they can't be upset. Never promised to them, never received them and can't be upset because it was never theirs in the first place.

Where and when was this benefit promised to us? Different internet time and discounts have appeared in the onboard offers over the years but they have never been official Diamond or Diamond Plus Benefits. I don’t recall the 24 hours being an onboard offer until Voom. Before that I think we got a 10 minute coupon or something like that. Before Voom all plans were minute packages. That is probably why Royal said it was not changing any benefits. There is no Diamond or Diamond Plus Internet benefit. Other cruise lines list an Internet benefit in their Loyalty program. Celebrity and Princess for example do. Royal does not.

Edited by Charles4515

If it is true that an uproar got RCI to reconsider it is really going to knock the wind out of Milwaukee's sails.

Why would you think that.

We like perks with the best of them. If you read my posts closely on this thread, I thought it was clear that I personally liked the free internet time.

Having said that.... I believe Royal was making an attempt to insure that those buying the internet package also got their free time. More and more younger people are cruising and they can’t live without WiFi. Many of them are Diamond and Diamond Plus. The RC Periscopers is a group that continues to grow and made up of people a lot younger than myself. I know many of them have been asking how they good get a break on their packages.

I still find it humorous all the complaining that goes on here regarding more than just the internet. Crowding of Lounges, Suite Lounges, Free drinks.... the D+ that want to keep what they have but prevent those New Diamonds and D+ to enjoy those same benefits.

Besides, opposing opinions are good and keeps the threads interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having said that.... I believe Royal was making an attempt to insure that those buying the internet package also got their free time.

Royal wanted to make sure you had to spend money to get the free time.

Royal wanted to make sure you had to spend money to get the free time.

Thats my take on it too.

We have never used our free D and now D+ internet and prefer to use the 4G on my phone when i can get a country phone signal.

Where and when was this benefit promised to us? Different internet time and discounts have appeared in the onboard offers over the years but they have never been official Diamond or Diamond Plus Benefits. I don’t recall the 24 hours being an onboard offer until Voom. Before that I think we got a 10 minute coupon or something like that. Before Voom all plans were minute packages. That is probably why Royal said it was not changing any benefits. There is no Diamond or Diamond Plus Internet benefit. Other cruise lines list an Internet benefit in their Loyalty program. Celebrity and Princess for example do. Royal does not.
'

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with this statement. BENEFITS are clearly listed on the website - by C&A membership level. COUPONS are nowhere to be found until you arrive in your cabin and read the sheet of paper. This is why RCI can keep telling us that our BENEFITS have not been changed - they are only considering changing the COUPONS offered onboard. Splitting hairs, but you can bet that RCI doesn't see it that way. Pretty low to want to change something that they know perfectly well a large number of their guests have been counting on receiving with zero notice.

I think the social media pressure that we have all been putting on them just might cause them to rethink their plans on this. Facebook has power now a days!

We would complain by choosing an alternative cruise or vacation. Besides, one can only enjoy the same itineraries and ships so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So do you now understand why we are not Happy about losing benefits?

We have 2 RC and 2 P&O cruises booked this year and been to a 5 star hotel in Tenerife and a 5 star hotel in Spain this year already so we are proactive in seeking alternative vacations and not restricted to loyalty lounges.

When they used to issue the coupon booklets, the coupons listed for internet for Diamonds were (I copied this from the list I made and posted on CC back in 2012):

• Free Internet Minutes - 30 minutes of free internet use.
  • Internet Discount - 20% off any internet package purchase.

For Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Clue it was

• Free Internet Minutes - 45 minutes of free internet use.
  • Internet Discount - 25% off any internet package purchase.

After they did away with the booklets and started adding the coupons to your SeaPass card, the time went to 1 day for Diamond and 2 days for D+ and PC Members. This time could be used anytime during the cruise.

If memory serves me correct, PC Members were awarded complimentary internet in the Spring of 2015 and it was at this same time that the internet changed to 1 consecutive 24 hour period for Diamond Members (or a % off a package) and 2 24 hour consecutive periods for Diamond Plus (or a % off a package).

Thats my take on it too.

We have never used our free D and now D+ internet and prefer to use the 4G on my phone when i can get a country phone signal.

I have been using the 24 hour free days on sea days in combination with $10 travel passes from my cell carrier on port days. So I was not spending money for Royal Caribbean WiFi. I suspect I am not the only one figuring out that LTE from their carrier at ports was cheaper and better internet than buying an unlimited package from Royal. So I think the spending money theory is a probable reason. But if they stop giving us the free days I don’t think I would spend any money on a normal itinerary. I prefer to use internet at the ports on LTE or 4G over using it on the ship now that the price of International roaming has come down.

I have been using the 24 hour free days on sea days in combination with $10 travel passes from my cell carrier on port days. So I was not spending money for Royal Caribbean WiFi. I suspect I am not the only one figuring out that LTE from their carrier at ports was cheaper and better internet than buying an unlimited package from Royal. So I think the spending money theory is a probable reason. But if they stop giving us the free days I don’t think I would spend any money on a normal itinerary. I prefer to use internet at the ports on LTE or 4G over using it on the ship now that the price of International roaming has come down.

My UK cell phone provider lets me use my call and data allowance in Europe and US and several other countries.

Dilly Dilly

Sent from my iPad using Forums