change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

5 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

On the removal of Diamond/+ benefits:

There was an issue when I was a recent RCL cruise on one of the smaller ships in the fleet regarding seating in the theater for Diamond/Diamond Plus members as the ship had taken their reserved area in the main theater. When I asked a member of the Sr. Mgt (someone with direct knowledge of the decision making on that issue) why they would stick it to the Diamond/+ members this way when they were (with Pinnacles) their most loyal cruisers, I was told matter-of-factly that Royal’s research showed that Diamond/+ members would be loyal even if they removed benefits from them (including this one). 

There is the obvious ethical issue of whether we should treat someone (s) badly because we can get away with it (especially in a case such as this when there was an agreement and/ or an understanding that this benefit would be there in the future so that cruisers may have relied in some part on to make decisions on where their loyalty bucks might go). Before the chorus comes in and points out that yadda yadda it’s in the small print/RCl has the legal right to change yadda yadda, I am referring here to larger issues such as what is ethical and reasonable.  When he said this I told him that I honestly believe that RCL is being short-sighted in this regard since I realize far too well as a social scientist that what people SAY they will do, or even what believe that they will do, can be *very* different from what they actually do. The significant risk that some loyal customers would change line loyalty due to principle was enough to negate any small savings the line got from taking their theater seats. 

His statements, and watching the response from a variety of business to customer opinions, says to me that if people have an opinion it is extremely important that it be voiced. Suffering quietly might make some people happy, but it won’t get you very far on issues like this. They can’t listen if people don’t talk to them. My 2 cents.

(Note. We were only Platinum on that sailing, but I was surprised enough by that action that I was very curious about the “why” and when in a conversation with a high ranking staff member asked).

Corporations have NO conscience!👎

RCI has bad customer service and management to begin with….🙄

6 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

On the removal of Diamond/+ benefits:

There was an issue when I was a recent RCL cruise on one of the smaller ships in the fleet regarding seating in the theater for Diamond/Diamond Plus members as the ship had taken their reserved area in the main theater. When I asked a member of the Sr. Mgt (someone with direct knowledge of the decision making on that issue) why they would stick it to the Diamond/+ members this way when they were (with Pinnacles) their most loyal cruisers, I was told matter-of-factly that Royal’s research showed that Diamond/+ members would be loyal even if they removed benefits from them (including this one). 

There is the obvious ethical issue of whether we should treat someone (s) badly because we can get away with it (especially in a case such as this when there was an agreement and/ or an understanding that this benefit would be there in the future so that cruisers may have relied in some part on to make decisions on where their loyalty bucks might go). Before the chorus comes in and points out that yadda yadda it’s in the small print/RCl has the legal right to change yadda yadda, I am referring here to larger issues such as what is ethical and reasonable.  When he said this I told him that I honestly believe that RCL is being short-sighted in this regard since I realize far too well as a social scientist that what people SAY they will do, or even what believe that they will do, can be *very* different from what they actually do. The significant risk that some loyal customers would change line loyalty due to principle was enough to negate any small savings the line got from taking their theater seats. 

His statements, and watching the response from a variety of business to customer opinions, says to me that if people have an opinion it is extremely important that it be voiced. Suffering quietly might make some people happy, but it won’t get you very far on issues like this. They can’t listen if people don’t talk to them. My 2 cents.

(Note. We were only Platinum on that sailing, but I was surprised enough by that action that I was very curious about the “why” and when in a conversation with a high ranking staff member asked).

Not sure I read anything unethical going on. They are just juggling numbers. 

15 hours ago, kernow said:

Yes, still 2 days free for D+. I think the outcry over this stopped them carrying it out, for the time being at least!

We had two days free on Mariner last month -- spread out over our 3 & 4 B2B -- i.e. we had one free day for each cruise.  

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Where did you go to Med School?

No stars is child abuse

Yeah, no matter how poorly their performance may be. Give them all stars and trophies. Don't want 5 year olds with PTSD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Grapau27  Thank You for your kind response

My apologies for dredging up an OLD tread.  Didn't mean to offend anyone!!  I  haven't been on Royal in the past 3 years and wasn't sure what to expect.

So thank you for your understanding

Liz💐

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, knots4crewzing said:

My apologies for dredging up an OLD tread.  Didn't mean to offend anyone!!  I  haven't been on Royal in the past 3 years and wasn't sure what to expect.

Liz💐

I thought you did everything right and what is asked of others. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, knots4crewzing said:

Liz💐

Your welcome, I'm always happy to help and you did nothing wrong by asking a question.

It might be worth ringing C&A regarding your D+ cabin gifts as the latest IT change meant I had to reconfirm ours as our first cruise after the change there was nothing left in our cabin on arrival and when I spoke to the DL concierge on board she said I hadn't ordered any but she did sort it out with the LA.

I hope you have an absolutely fantastic time on Symphony.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Current daily Wi-fi prices on Jewel 

Reduces to $24.39 for stream and $19.51for surf if you buy for duration. 

The coupon $28.05 for D and $56.10 for D+

2B426D9A-4B05-4EBE-9721-E6B61F1F8510.png

Hope you are having a fantastic cruise.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 3:17 AM, fla gang said:

We are new Diamond members and just got off of the Ovation. We each had 24 hours of free wifi.

Same when we were on Mariner this past May.  Hoping it'll still be two days per in October since we're now Diamond Plus.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, Biker19 said:

Gotta love RCI math when it's in your favor.

We often found that if we waited for the "duration of the cruise" deals we could get an extra day.

Their math is always fuzzy

Edited by Blizzard54