change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

As D+ did it list $45.98 towards a package.

Yes. (2517) 2 FREE DAYS of internet usage or $45.98 off any internet package (Valid for ONE device and two individuals 2 X 24 consecutive hours' sessions).

This was on Allure 8-15 April.

Yes. (2517) 2 FREE DAYS of internet usage or $45.98 off any internet package (Valid for ONE device and two individuals 2 X 24 consecutive hours' sessions).

This was on Allure 8-15 April.

Did you have a difficult time getting the credits when you purchased internet. Prior to Easter Allure cruise we had to enter the folio # and the discounts were identified and applied. This time around no folio # to enter due to revised purchase screen and never received the credit on purchase. Had to go to Guest Services 3 times to get the necessary internet credit.

Did you have a difficult time getting the credits when you purchased internet. Prior to Easter Allure cruise we had to enter the folio # and the discounts were identified and applied. This time around no folio # to enter due to revised purchase screen and never received the credit on purchase. Had to go to Guest Services 3 times to get the necessary internet credit.

On Allure now and getting my 1 day of diamond Internet was very easy. Just start the process and select 1 day of basic. Make sure the Coupon is checked and it’s $0 and internet for the 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Allure now and getting my 1 day of diamond Internet was very easy. Just start the process and select 1 day of basic. Make sure the Coupon is checked and it’s $0 and internet for the 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Coupon data never appeared. Used to show the various plans and towards the end there was the I day and at that point it allowed me to select the usage of the coupon. Maybe it was fixed on your cruise. An agent at Guest Services mentioned to me that the revised internet screen was designed to accommodate the so called new internet discounts, but there was a lot of push back and had to abandon.

After much discussion here regarding the Diamond/Diamond + internet coupon, I left for my most recent cruise reasonably assured the free day internet coupon was still in play. This was based on the social media responses from several sources (discussed on the boards ad naseum). Lo and behold upon boarding the Enchantment the free day coupon was not listed on the in room sheet and the concierge confirmed it had been removed and replaced with a 20% off package coupon.

For me, this is a definite loss of value. Free internet (not discounted, not requiring purchase) is extremely helpful to our family during a cruise and was one of the benefits that caused us to sail primarily with Royal. Having to pay for a full package makes no sense for many cruisers and renders the coupon "benefit" useless for those that aren't looking to buy more. With the lessening of value of other loyalty benefits (balcony discount price more expensive than regular "sale" price, BOGO offers and package discounts in cruise planner better deals than the loyalty coupons) there is little value in having gained the higher loyalty tiers.

More annoyingly is that we are getting one message from corporate and something completely different in the actual experience. I am so frustrated with the disparity between what is marketed to cruisers pre-trip and the actual product delivered.

I realize that they can change the program at any time, just as we can change our loyalty at any time - but at least be honest and direct instead of trying to slip one by us and see if we notice. It's one thing to not value your longtime clients, it's another to assume we are idiots or won't notice the changes.

Rant over :cool:

Was the 20% discount for Diamond or D+? Sounds like some of the pre-sailing discounts for everyone are about the same as the 20% discount that you got onboard.

Currently onboard freedom.... well currently sitting on the beach in St Maarten actually [emoji847] But the internet perks are alive and well, just as they have been. No issues. We will be on Jewel next week and can report from there as well.

Junior is the DC and Gisleni from Brazil is the Suite concierge. 4th ship we’ve had Drew as our cruise director. He’s good stuff Maynard.

Currently onboard freedom.... well currently sitting on the beach in St Maarten actually [emoji847] But the internet perks are alive and well, just as they have been. No issues. We will be on Jewel next week and can report from there as well.

Junior is the DC and Gisleni from Brazil is the Suite concierge. 4th ship we’ve had Drew as our cruise director. He’s good stuff Maynard.

Good to hear. I'll be boarding Freedom a week from Saturday.

In her talk on the Mariner this morning Millie explained a few things.

Internet benefit is not changing.

Diamond will continue to have lounge access.

There will not be any new levels added.

She answered questions for close to an hour.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the updates.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Thank you.

The Internet package discount was 20% for Diamond and 40% for Diamond plus.

Glad to hear Millie confirm this, however I wish she would tell the rest of the Diamond concierges on the ships, as some of them are pretty convinced there have been changes :D

On Navigator now writing this w my free diamond day; sign up easy and same as has been in past. Benefit listed on in room paper. “Business as usual” if you didn’t read this thread you’d never know anything was different

On Navigator now writing this w my free diamond day; sign up easy and same as has been in past. Benefit listed on in room paper. “Business as usual” if you didn’t read this thread you’d never know anything was different
Good news and hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Thank you for taking the time to update. Enjoy your cruise:D

Thanks for that info.

We didn't know about the C&A Q&A session.

Tried to watch the recording on the stateroom tv, but the picture was pixelating and the sound quality made it impossible.

Although I did pick up on the insistence that our loyalty is valued

I no longer have high expectations for Royal Caribbean cruises or for our benefits. Because the quality bar has been lowered so much since 1992, it is just a pleasant vacation getaway. Sometimes we are pleasantly surprised and rarely disappointed. I think that our all around experience expectations have dropped as well.

It is as the bartenders frequently tell us....they LOVE new cruisers! They have nothing to compare it with, and they are so impressed with everything onboard.

So true. The cruise lines really shot themselves in the foot with these loyalty programs. Go to any board and there is some cut back or complaint about the loyalty program. I understand the disappointment but are passengers being loyal because of the quality and value of the cruise vacation or because they are getting a day of free internet or a bag of laundry washed. The only line that I have any status with is Princess. We became platinum and haven't sailed with them since. Never even booked a cruise as a platinum. The reason for this is because I found better deals and itineraries on Celebrity. If I can save money on airfare by leaving out of Cape Liberty that trumps the price of any perk that I would get through Princess. Which at this level is free internet. I booked on the Anthem for next year. I only have one previous sailing on Royal that I took in 2001. These marketing ploys don't work on me because I can see the bigger picture. I laugh at those who threaten to take there vacation dollars elsewhere because of a loss of a benefit. If you are happy with the product then why change. The new line isn't going to offer you anything until you build up your status. Accept what ever they give you enjoy your cruise and be thankful that they don't end these programs completely.

Thanks for the update. When was the last time that something was added to the C&A benefits ??? Seems that it is always a reduction or elimination in the offerings.

Hard to recall. Might have been the BOGO specialty restaurant for D+, and that was probably 8-10 years ago. Several coupons have been taken away or diminished during that time.

Thanks for the update. When was the last time that something was added to the C&A benefits ??? Seems that it is always a reduction or elimination in the offerings.

Haven’t seen anything added just slowly being taken away or letting first time cruises get the same. Balcony discount used to be worth full amount now with their so called sales almost worthless. Also as a shareholder haven’t been able to get my OBC because of RCL fake sales.

Alright so I reported no change last week on Freedom and figured I do the same here for Jewel.

Internet benefit is intact.

This ship Does NOT offer any Drink package discount for diamond tho as others have reported from other ships a discount of 20%.

30% for D+ and 40 for P is available tho.

Lastly, there is never anyone in the DL even at peak times. So overcrowding is not an issue what so ever on this cruise. There was 4 other people in there for a bit last night, and that was as crowded as it got lol

• 1 year later...

We haven't been on Royal in about 3 years.  We're D+ and and sailing on the Symphony in 2 weeks🥰

There has been talk of Royal eliminating another perk to the C&A benefits.

Can anyone clarify if D+ is getting the 2 days per member of free internet?

Thank You

Liz🌺