change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Just to reiterate, Biker provides this pic as a PSA to make it real obvious it's an old thread - no meaning behind it one way or another.

And the horse. It’s easy for most people to see the start date of a thread and the latest post date. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I miss it sometimes,  lighten up😉

When I click on a thread it automatically takes me to the first post, admittedly if it is an older thread I don't normally look at the start date like I do for a new thread but I did notice this one went back to April 2018.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

When I click on a thread it automatically takes me to the first post, admittedly if it is an older thread I don't normally look at the start date like I do for a new thread but I did notice this one went back to April 2018.

Can't you click on the filled in circle or star on the left of the thread title to take you to the latest post that you have not seen?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Can't you click on the filled in circle or star on the left of the thread title to take you to the latest post that you have not seen?

Well, thank you very much.  Didn't know we could do that.

43 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If I click on go to post from the email notification it takes me to the post like yours.

If I am browsing RC threads and click on a thread like this one this is what shows.

I'm using an Android UK phone with Google Chrome.

Screenshot_20190628-152752.jpg

On the removal of Diamond/+ benefits:

There was an issue when I was a recent RCL cruise on one of the smaller ships in the fleet regarding seating in the theater for Diamond/Diamond Plus members as the ship had taken their reserved area in the main theater. When I asked a member of the Sr. Mgt (someone with direct knowledge of the decision making on that issue) why they would stick it to the Diamond/+ members this way when they were (with Pinnacles) their most loyal cruisers, I was told matter-of-factly that Royal’s research showed that Diamond/+ members would be loyal even if they removed benefits from them (including this one). 

There is the obvious ethical issue of whether we should treat someone (s) badly because we can get away with it (especially in a case such as this when there was an agreement and/ or an understanding that this benefit would be there in the future so that cruisers may have relied in some part on to make decisions on where their loyalty bucks might go). Before the chorus comes in and points out that yadda yadda it’s in the small print/RCl has the legal right to change yadda yadda, I am referring here to larger issues such as what is ethical and reasonable.  When he said this I told him that I honestly believe that RCL is being short-sighted in this regard since I realize far too well as a social scientist that what people SAY they will do, or even what believe that they will do, can be *very* different from what they actually do. The significant risk that some loyal customers would change line loyalty due to principle was enough to negate any small savings the line got from taking their theater seats. 

His statements, and watching the response from a variety of business to customer opinions, says to me that if people have an opinion it is extremely important that it be voiced. Suffering quietly might make some people happy, but it won’t get you very far on issues like this. They can’t listen if people don’t talk to them. My 2 cents.

(Note. We were only Platinum on that sailing, but I was surprised enough by that action that I was very curious about the “why” and when in a conversation with a high ranking staff member asked).

Edited by 2Beeze

9 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

The significant risk that some would change line loyalty due to principle was going to likely cost the line whatever small savings they got from taking their theater seats. 

They have bean counters probably assessing this risk all the time - they probably get their way in the final decision.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks.

I clicked on the coloured in star on 

Content I follow and that worked.

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

I clicked on the coloured in star on 

Content I follow and that worked.

Good, should save you some scrolling.  Thanks for reporting back.

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Star means you actually posted something 

Thanks.

Clicking on it took me to my last post on that thread.

Usually I get lots of email notifications but this now gives me another option.

Edited by grapau27