change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

My reply from Michael Bayley's office.....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr.*Ammons,

Thank you for contacting *Michael Bayley regarding your loyalty benefits. My name is Millie Quiles, and I am the Crown & Anchor Society Member Director, and I wanted to make sure I reach out to you personally.

First of all thank you for your loyalty. Our top tier members like yourself are very important to us, and it’s always a priority that we deliver the best loyalty benefits in the industry. In the recent years, the internet benefit has become one of the most highly coveted onboard perks we offer. Therefore, I want to assure you that your internet benefit is still the same and is not being removed.

Mr.*Ammons,*thank you for your email. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate in contacting me directly. Enjoy your weekend.

Millie A. Quiles

Crown & Anchor Society Member Director*

(305) 814-1834 | mquiles@rccl.com

[cid:image001]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Print it and take it with you on Brilliance

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Yes. Because we can get price drops here in the US until final payment, they needed a way to offer lower prices for new bookings and minimize the effect of existing booking getting the lower price. I think that is why they they came up with the "instant savings" trickery.
Our prices are usually dearer due to Abta. It's a holiday protection that will get you home if the company goes bust. That's why we sometimes get drink packages and other sweeteners.

A few companies have gone bust in Spain leaving holidaymakers stranded. Abta got them home.

I think Lowcost Holidays was the last a few years ago. Probably been orhers

When you say "on top" of the bag, do you mean on the outside for the stateroom attendant or on the inside for the laundry crew? Thanks for the tip! :D

I place it outside the bag for the stateroom attendant. I always thought it was our stateroom attendant who did the laundry and not a separate crew.

I was thinking the same thing. The Grandeur may be a test before they make the final decision.

As least I hope so and hope they rethink the idea. We have the Mariner Odyssey coming up in about a week. There is not way we are going to but the packages and have 28 days of poor connections. If this happens, we will have to limit our email checks to when we are in port.

The upcoming Grandeur cruise April 5th really isn't a good test since the first 3 stops are all

in the USA I can check my emails on my cell phone.

... Therefore, I want to assure you that your internet benefit is still the same and is not being removed. ...

Translation: The internet benefit is still the same at this moment. The internet benefit is not being removed, though it might be changing.

Yes. Because we can get price drops here in the US until final payment, they needed a way to offer lower prices for new bookings and minimize the effect of existing booking getting the lower price. I think that is why they they came up with the "instant savings" trickery.

We always get at least a balcony cabin but ironically if we got an inside or outside window cabin we would qualify for the obc deals.

RC are currently offering get 1 and 60% off second guest and up to $500 obc in the UK and £1 deposit (deposit deal ends tonight).

We always get at least a balcony cabin but ironically if we got an inside or outside window cabin we would qualify for the obc deals.

RC are currently offering get 1 and 60% off second guest and up to $500 obc in the UK and £1 deposit (deposit deal ends tonight).

Nice deal!

Translation: The internet benefit is still the same at this moment. The internet benefit is not being removed, though it might be changing.
Bob

Were you a lawyer in your past life....??

Our prices are usually dearer due to Abta. It's a holiday protection that will get you home if the company goes bust. That's why we sometimes get drink packages and other sweeteners.

A few companies have gone bust in Spain leaving holidaymakers stranded. Abta got them home.

I think Lowcost Holidays was the last a few years ago. Probably been orhers

Monarch airline and holidays was pretty recent too.

Dear Mr.*Ammons,

Thank you for contacting *Michael Bayley regarding your loyalty benefits. My name is Millie Quiles, and I am the Crown & Anchor Society Member Director, and I wanted to make sure I reach out to you personally.

First of all thank you for your loyalty. Our top tier members like yourself are very important to us, and it’s always a priority that we deliver the best loyalty benefits in the industry. In the recent years, the internet benefit has become one of the most highly coveted onboard perks we offer. Therefore, I want to assure you that your internet benefit is still the same and is not being removed.

Mr.*Ammons,*thank you for your email. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate in contacting me directly. Enjoy your weekend.

Millie A. Quiles

I would interpret this as meaning they are not taking away the free days of internet ... they are folding it into a package. Guess time will tell.

I agree, but they blew us away on Adventure. We got one day (turning in at 5pm, receiving by 5pm the next day) turnaround twice.:)

A steward once told us that guest laundry isn't done every day. Not sure if that's a formal schedule thing or whether staff waits until quantity warrants processing laundry. Could it be a timing thing then?

I am afraid to say that you are probably correct.

They are carefully working their responses.

They are setting it up so that they can change it and call it an "enhancement" because it has more $ value. The problem is that it requires spending more $ for more access that many people need or want. All we want is to be able to check some email a couple times during the cruise.

People here are constantly comparing cruise lines to airlines when all that the two really have in common is that they operate very expensive pieces of machinery.

:D

I posted my displeasure on the C&A site and it was removed.

Are you sure it was removed? There is a long rant from an Andrea Nicole about everything and it's been there since January 17th. She even complained about the towel monkey because she is black. :rolleyes:

Haven’t read all Thebes pages but the corporate reply back is interesting as we just disembarked the Brilliance today and we had the same pricing as reported on the grandeur. We only were being shown a 1 time 40% off package online. Had to buy and then get the charges removed. Not a big deal and with that ship going to Spain at the end of the week not sure if that matters but what we saw is what others are reporting here.

Are you sure it was removed? There is a long rant from an Andrea Nicole about everything and it's been there since January 17th. She even complained about the towel monkey because she is black. :rolleyes:

It was there for 15 minutes, I got one response, and then it vanished.

At least I can't find it......

I guess towel monkeys are more important??

Funny, I have always had to pay to get internet at home. Spending money to get internet, why that must be new to millions of people

Do you pay nearly as much at home as you do at sea? Of course not! Millions of people wouldn't be that stupid. :rolleyes:

Haven’t read all Thebes pages but the corporate reply back is interesting as we just disembarked the Brilliance today and we had the same pricing as reported on the grandeur. We only were being shown a 1 time 40% off package online. Had to buy and then get the charges removed. Not a big deal and with that ship going to Spain at the end of the week not sure if that matters but what we saw is what others are reporting here.

Brilliance is going to Amsterdam. At least I hope so......

I'm bringing my email from Millie with me in case there is an issue.

Dear Mr.*Ammons,

In the recent years, the internet benefit has become one of the most highly coveted onboard perks we offer. Therefore, I want to assure you that your internet benefit is still the same and is not being removed.

Millie A. Quiles

I wonder if they only came to the conclusion in the past 24 hrs.

I would interpret this as meaning they are not taking away the free days of internet ... they are folding it into a package. Guess time will tell.

Folding it into a package that many people neither need nor want. That is a bit like taking them away.

I also emailed Michael Bayley last night and received a response this morning. The email response was from Millie and was the exact same as the others have already posted.

Thank you for contacting Michael Bayley regarding your loyalty benefits. My name is Millie Quiles, and I am the Crown & Anchor Society Member Director, and I wanted to make sure I reach out to you personally.

So since she said it is still the same, I am interpreting that as I will still get a free day of internet without having to buy a package.

I also received a voicemail message as well from someone else at C&A and she specifically said I will still receive my free day of internet, so I am saving that vm just in case. :rolleyes:

I have to go find this post. Just when you think you have seen it all... (most the time I can't figure them out AND I saw the demonstration one cruse!)