change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

I emailed Millie a few minutes ago and got this response.

Hi Gail,

We were piloting some discounts on the system, and they went live prematurely. Your benefit will stay the same. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hoping to see you again soon.

I guess RCI don't even consider that people might have a budget of money available to spend onboard each cruise? If you were expecting to get along fine with your available Diamond/Diamond Plus internet amenity, and suddenly you have to fork out for an entire package in order to have any internet at all, this is a problem.

I personally hope it remains as it once was. I could care less about wifi on the ship, we generally find a spot in port that offers wifi. Its a nice perk for Suites on Oasis Class as it is included.

A couple, who are Diamond, essentially got two days of wifi if they shared. D+ four days.

I thought it was odd that Royal dropped the two packages down to one. Some people really don't need stream but hopefully it will be better.

I wouldn't buy the internet package if that is what is required. Just not needed.

May one just used the computer in the SL/DL/CL to checkin for a flight?

I guess RCI don't even consider that people might have a budget of money available to spend onboard each cruise? If you were expecting to get along fine with your available Diamond/Diamond Plus internet amenity, and suddenly you have to fork out for an entire package in order to have any internet at all, this is a problem.

Not to Royal.

Facebook response.....

de928abec090f9872efb008eadc4037c.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It says that they will announce any enhancements. It says nothing about notifying us about taking something away.

Looks like I will be losing one of the few benefits that are of value to me. I'm not happy about this at all.

Hi Gail,

We were piloting some discounts on the system, and they went live prematurely. Your benefit will stay the same. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hoping to see you again soon.

I'm not quite sure what that means? That it will be coming sometime but not now??

Edited by molly361

It says that they will announce any enhancements. It says nothing about notifying us about taking something away.

Looks like I will be losing one of the few benefits that are of value to me. I'm not happy about this at all.

Taking away that free internet IS an enhancement! It allows you to spend more time enjoying the onboard experience!:rolleyes:

As was reported from Liberty, it seems that some ships already switched, the premature part. The "official" change is coming April 5.

Millie's email to Gail goes on to say that her benefit will stay the same. (forever?? until April 5th?)

Post on Royal's Facebook page....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Just once - right around New Years. The previous price has been in effect since intro of VOOM (which for Surf was a discount to previous pricing).

We were on the Liberty for 5 weeks starting mid January. It went up either week 2 or 3. The following week they increased the value of the coupon to cover it.

Taking away that free internet IS an enhancement! It allows you to spend more time enjoying the onboard experience!:rolleyes:

I don't bother much about internet on Med or Caribbean cruises as a port isn't far away. Transatlantics are a bit different with 6 or 7 sea days. The free days done me fine

Yes - But - I pay for it either way. I still have to pay it and I own the business.

M

Very true. Same here and it all comes out of our pockets.

Claim it back, yes, but they don't come and give your money back as a refund

I personally hope it remains as it once was. I could care less about wifi on the ship, we generally find a spot in port that offers wifi. Its a nice perk for Suites on Oasis Class as it is included.

A couple, who are Diamond, essentially got two days of wifi if they shared. D+ four days.

I thought it was odd that Royal dropped the two packages down to one. Some people really don't need stream but hopefully it will be better.

I wouldn't buy the internet package if that is what is required. Just not needed.

May one just used the computer in the SL/DL/CL to checkin for a flight?[/quote]

The computers in the DL/CL are not free use. They require an account or a log in.

M

Hi Gail,

What is Millie's last name?