change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

It really bothers me they are still saying this when we know it is already happening...

Par for the course for Royal. They have a continuing problem with corporate wide, accurate, timely communication.

What does this mean?:confused:

People sharing a Internet Package and use of routers onboard.

1 device period means my phone not mine and my SO’s.

I’m just saying Royal is likely to tighten up the requirements. This is just a guess or pot stirring on my part?

The shared device doesn’t cut down on bandwidth use but if I only use on my phone , it does cut down on my SO using my code on hers.

A router IMO, is a way around the spirit of the agreement. More than one device using bandwidth. Yes, the router only has one port to use but when one device is no longer busy, another on same port will be busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed. I go on vacation to disconnect, not to connect.

We cruise 5-8 times a year and are able to do so because of technology/internet services. Our clients don't even know we are out of town, or out of the country. Often we don't consider the cruise/land trip a vacation, just where we happen to be working at that time. It is not a matter of disconnecting it is a matter of keeping a business running.

The change will have a financial impact on week long or shorter cruises, when we only had to pay for a day or so. We have a 15 day cruise coming up, so that one may actually be a small savings, with the 40% discount.

M

Again we should have seen this coming.

My experience, on most ships, most of the time the Internet sucks. Bigger ships seem to be worse. Is it too many people trying to access one pipe at one time? Maybe those that buy it complain. Remember this is not a hardware connection. It’s a Satellite and it is affected by weather and seas. Also a ship is nothing but metal and metal walls.

People sharing a Internet Package and use of routers onboard.

1 device period means my phone not mine and my SO’s.

I’m just saying Royal is likely to tighten up the requirements. This is just a guess or pot stirring on my part?

The shared device doesn’t cut down on bandwidth use but if I only use on my phone , it does cut down on my SO using my code on hers.

A router IMO, is a way around the spirit of the agreement. More than one device using bandwidth. Yes, the router only has one port to use but when one device is no longer busy, another on same port will be busy.

I doubt they would change the ability to use different devices. I also doubt the use of routers is widespread. Too hard to configure and very limited range.

We cruise 5-8 times a year and are able to do so because of technology/internet services. Our clients don't even know we are out of town, or out of the country. Often we don't consider the cruise/land trip a vacation, just where we happen to be working at that time. It is not a matter of disconnecting it is a matter of keeping a business running.

The change will have a financial impact on week long or shorter cruises, when we only had to pay for a day or so. We have a 15 day cruise coming up, so that one may actually be a small savings, with the 40% discount.

M

Hypothetical question...

If your using onboard internet for work, isn’t this a business expense and possibly a deduction?

Yes she does

Good question, I hope someone will ask her. On another RC blog that I follow, a number of people have called C&A and they have not heard about any internet changes. Also, the top moderator of that site says it's not correct.

I believe it's possible that someone has been miss informed.

Good question, I hope someone will ask her. On another RC blog that I follow, a number of people have called C&A and they have not heard about any internet changes. Also, the top moderator of that site says it's not correct.

I believe it's possible that someone has been miss informed.

I think this is what is going on....

Too Royal, there is no change. You still get your 1 or 2 days free internet.

However, it now requires you to buy the package. Actually, on cruises longer than 7 days, you get more free time. The shorter cruises you may be less.

The reason Pinnacles are not effected yet is that they get free internet period.

Since they claim no changes and they will let us know if they "make any enhancement" I asked if we will have the benefit on our cruise next week.

I suppose they will spin it as an enhancement to those that pay because they will get better speeds.

It no longer shows as a benefit

I have read Royals responses to inquiries on their Facebook site.

Technically, there are no changes to your perks. Here’s the catch, if you buy the package you will get your free day or two based on your new discount.

So to get your free day or two requires purchase of the package. P’s are not effected at this time as they get internet free everyday.

I am a D+ and I sail on April 5th but if I go online it is only showing 20% off which takes it to $15.99 pd

It has never shown on the website as a benefit. Only on the onboard sheet of perks that is in our cabin after boarding.

It did in 2016, many of us with our laptops showed it on the Ovation but they said it was all subject to change with out notice.

I am a D+ and I sail on April 5th but if I go online it is only showing 20% off which takes it to $15.99 pd

Online pricing and discounts are based on current onboard prices. They play the same bait and switch with the drink package. The price online is the price with the discount taken from the onboard price, not what its normally listed for online.

This blows. They are taking away many of the reasons to sail BC have loyalty on one line or the other. Sailed Ncl recently and remember thinking I’d have internet on at sea days if was on rccl.

Effective Balcony discount (rate difference compared to first time cruiser) a fraction of what it once was and now this.

Online pricing and discounts are based on current onboard prices. They play the same bait and switch with the drink package. The price online is the price with the discount taken from the onboard price, not what its normally listed for online.

Yes I understand that

They claim the price without the 20% is $19.99 per day

The Enhancement part is that you now get VOOM Surf and Stream. Just Surf (Wifi) is no longer offered as a plan. So now your free days are enhanced with stream.

This past winter we had both on b2b and could not tell the difference....