Disappearing Dining......

AtlantaCruiser72

So Q-sine AND Tuscan have both mysteriously vanished from being bookable in my Cruise Planner on the ever-brilliant X website (sailing Summit 12/8/18). Also no Specialty Dining packages are being offered..... does this portend a change in pricing or venues, or it it merely their crack IT team hitting another fly-ball?

There are still VERY few shore excursion options listed for most of the ports, and none at all for Dominica (not sure ship will even go there). I know we are still 8 months out, but I sailed on the Equinox this past December and all Dining/Shore Ex options were available by this time period last year.

So Q-sine AND Tuscan have both mysteriously vanished from being bookable in my Cruise Planner on the ever-brilliant X website (sailing Summit 12/8/18). Also no Specialty Dining packages are being offered..... does this portend a change in pricing or venues, or it it merely their crack IT team hitting another fly-ball?

There are still VERY few shore excursion options listed for most of the ports, and none at all for Dominica (not sure ship will even go there). I know we are still 8 months out, but I sailed on the Equinox this past December and all Dining/Shore Ex options were available by this time period last year.

I'll go with a website problem. Just went into ours and the dining image doesn't even show. Could be because our next cruise isn't until 09/19 but all the excursions are still there.

Atlanta cruiser.... we're on the same sailing. I phoned about the lack of shore excursions for Dominica and they said they're still being considered and to check back in June, as they're usually finalized 6 months prior.

The lack of tours in Dominca was not what really surprises me. I honestly am doubtful we will visit there as the island infrastructure is evidently still quite the "work in progress". My gut says we may see a port substitution sometime later this year to either Martinique or St. Lucia.

What DOES surprise me is the fact that there are so few tours listed for the other ports and that Qsine has disappeared (Tuscan is back) and zero dining packages. On my last few Celebrity cruises these were all available to book 10+ months out.....

The lack of tours in Dominca was not what really surprises me. I honestly am doubtful we will visit there as the island infrastructure is evidently still quite the "work in progress". My gut says we may see a port substitution sometime later this year to either Martinique or St. Lucia.

What DOES surprise me is the fact that there are so few tours listed for the other ports and that Qsine has disappeared (Tuscan is back) and zero dining packages. On my last few Celebrity cruises these were all available to book 10+ months out.....

Re dining: Last week on Reflection we couldn't book Tuscan or Murano - 2 nights in Murano and 2 in Tuscan. They said all times were booked by a large group. We had the 4 night dining pkg so had to work around those fully booked dates. Perhaps they're keeping the option open on your cruise for that kind of situation until a 'group' decides which evenings will work for them.

• 1 month later...

So..... Over a month later and Q-sine is still m.i.a. from the Cruise Planner and still no dining packages. Makes me wonder what is going on. I'm sailing December 8th on Summit. At this time last year ALL dining options were fully bookable for my December 2017 Equinox cruise.

Any recent cruisers have any "scoop" on what's up with Q-sine on the Summit?

So..... Over a month later and Q-sine is still m.i.a. from the Cruise Planner and still no dining packages. Makes me wonder what is going on. I'm sailing December 8th on Summit. At this time last year ALL dining options were fully bookable for my December 2017 Equinox cruise.

Any recent cruisers have any "scoop" on what's up with Q-sine on the Summit?

Two thoughts.

Qsine I thought was being replaced with a new restaurant.

Le Petit Chef vs Qsine - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

From what I have seen on this board is that the Summit out of San Juan is the most chartered Celebrity ship.

We are having the same problem - no dining packages and very few shore excursions listed (actually says that it is not available - book on board) for our 1/26/19 sailing on Summit. I called Captains Club and they said it was too early - try back in October. For our last cruise on Silhouette we booked dining packages 6 months in advance. I guess I'll keep checking.

We're on that cruise too, but haven't started to plan for it yet (just checked in and am starting to look at our July Summit cruise to Bermuda). I'm sure they'll have things worked out well before the cruise. I hope the ports don't get changed. We picked that sailing because of the variety of ports, most of which we haven't been to yet. I'll be watching the board to see if anything changes in the next few months.

Two thoughts.

Qsine I thought was being replaced with a new restaurant.

Le Petit Chef vs Qsine - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

From what I have seen on this board is that the Summit out of San Juan is the most chartered Celebrity ship.

Originally the summit had a different itinerary of 10/11 night cruise from San Juan around this time. A few months ago it was modified to the more normal 7day itineraries. I'm pretty certain at this point that any charters are pretty firm for the winter 2019/20 sailing season.