Chocoholic Night on Gem?

Hi Everyone,

I know there is a chocoholic night on our 7-night cruise to FL and Bahamas April 21-28 on the Gem. I am not looking for reviews on this night, just wondering if anyone knows which night I can expect this? I want to make sure I get main dining that night and don't make a specialty reservation. So, anyone know which night the chocoholic night is or when I can expect to find out? Thanks!

This was from our Star's Alaska run ... over 10 years, used to be late night but switched to the afternoon & then completely gone. Far too much waste, between the regulars and sugar-free ones.

Very doubtful in believing that NCL would revive and bring it back.21aa132c3003adb979966ca4392b8eee.jpg

from dual sim Huawei KIW-L24 via AT&T or Project Fi using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

I know there is a chocoholic night on our 7-night cruise to FL and Bahamas April 21-28 on the Gem.]

How do you know this?

The short answer is there is no chocolate buffet, extravaganza, or such on any NCL ship. this, along with lobster, champagne upon embarkation etc have all been discontinued . DSC has also been increased , AGAIN.

Changes seem to be afoot every few months, without any warning before hand .

There was one when we were on the Star 10 yrs ago. It was full of gluttony, people pushing and shoving and piling different things on their plates, and not a single thing tasted as good as it looked!
I only went to one and not only did I get yelled at by another passengers, because I took a dessert before she could take a picture, nothing tasted anywhere near as good as it looked.

There was one when we were on the Star 10 yrs ago. It was full of gluttony, people pushing and shoving and piling different things on their plates, and not a single thing tasted as good as it looked!

I only went to one and not only did I get yelled at by another passengers, because I took a dessert before she could take a picture, nothing tasted anywhere near as good as it looked.

I totally agree. Been to several over the years, on various ships. The stuff looked wonderful, but had very little taste. I'm not a baker, so I can't say why that was, but it never tasted like real chocolate to me.

I don't miss it.