Celebrity Concierge Class Embarkation Lunch

JustinMe

Hello all,

I would like to start off by saying that I am not posting this question as a means to start an argument if I should choose a concierge or Aqua class cabin as I have already booked a concierge class cabin on the Celebrity Eclipse for April 29th, 2019.

The question I do have is is that because embarkation does not start until 6:00 pm, is there an equivalent embarkation in the main dining room for concierge class passengers?

Thanks, any responses are appreciated.

WOW that's a late embarkation time or is 6.00pm the latest one should be on board. The Concierge perk is "The Embarkation Day Lunch in the MDR" not an embarkation DINNER in the MDR. My reading of the perk is that if you aren't onboard at lunchtime you miss out

WOW that's a late embarkation time or is 6.00pm the latest one should be on board. The Concierge perk is "The Embarkation Day Lunch in the MDR" not an embarkation DINNER in the MDR. My reading of the perk is that if you aren't onboard at lunchtime you miss out

That's how I'd read it too. Normally, with late morning embarkation, the MDR isn't open to the masses, so it can be made available as a perk for certain groups. For an evening embarkation, the MDR needs to be available for the regular dinner seatings for everyone, so I don't know how they'd do a "special" MDR dinner for a particular group.

Based on what I’ve read, it’s only an Embarkation Lunch. For example, people who have had boarding delayed because of noro cleaning (outbreak on previous cruise) have missed the possibility of an Embarkation Lunch.

Hello all,

I would like to start off by saying that I am not posting this question as a means to start an argument if I should choose a concierge or Aqua class cabin as I have already booked a concierge class cabin on the Celebrity Eclipse for April 29th, 2019.

The question I do have is is that because embarkation does not start until 6:00 pm, is there an equivalent embarkation in the main dining room for concierge class passengers?

It is a LUNCH, not a dinner for only Concierge guests. As mentioned, if you arrive late for lunch in the MDR, you have to choose an alternate place to dine.

Thank you for all of the responses. So does this mean then the main dining room will be open for dinner service at embarkation.

Sorry if this seems an annoying question.

I’ve never boarded that late, so I don’t know if the MDR opening time will be adjusted that night (due to late boarding & mandatory safety drill) but there will surely be dinner service in the MDR.

The embarkation starts at 6 and closes I believe around 11pm.

A couple of years ago we were in Concierge and even though we arrived at port at 11:45, it was 1:30 before we got on board. They had computer issues and only one gangway was open so boarding was delayed. We missed the Concierge lunch because of this. I went to our Concierge desk and asked if we would be compensated. At first she said no, then I said - if this is a perk I paid for by booking Concierge and through no fault on our part we were not able to take advantage I feel we should be compensated. I was very polite with my request.

The next day we were called to Concierge desk and told we can choose lunch on a sea day in the one of the specialty restaurants. We chose Murano and enjoyed a great lunch on our last sea day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A couple of years ago we were in Concierge and even though we arrived at port at 11:45, it was 1:30 before we got on board. They had computer issues and only one gangway was open so boarding was delayed. We missed the Concierge lunch because of this. I went to our Concierge desk and asked if we would be compensated. At first she said no, then I said - if this is a perk I paid for by booking Concierge and through no fault on our part we weren’t able to take advantage and I feel we should be compensated. I was very polite with my request.

The next day we were called to Concierge and told we can choose one of the lunch on a sea day in the one of the specialty restaurants. We chose Murano and enjoyed a great lunch on our last sea day.

Thank you, your post is much appreciated. Did you enjoy Murano?

Thank you, your post is much appreciated. Did you enjoy Murano?

We love Murano. We met a very nice UK couple who had the same experience with missing lunch. They also spoke to Concierge and ended up joining us for lunch. Sometimes just a simple conversation with guest service or Concierge takes care of any issues or concerns. At the end of the day Celebrity wants happy customers.

Being polite with your request / concerns also goes a long way to a successful resolution

, followed by a thank you. A written thank you to the Hotel Director mentioning the staff member by name also brings brownie points for all concerned

• 1 month later...

So...What are the Concierge lunch hours?

Reason I ask is that we're cruising out of Seward on Millennium in a Concierge class cabin...and our bus transportation from our hotel in Anchorage isn't scheduled to arrive at the ship until 1:00 pm...And, I assume that, even with Elite Plus priority status, it will still take at least a few minutes to get checked in and to the Dining Room...

Hello all,

Where do you read that embarkation does not start until 6:00 pm?

if previous cruise arrives at 7AM will concierge lunch available for B2B's?

I am not 100% positive but I would suspect they will serve lunch to B2B'ers regardless of whether they have a Concierge lunch or not. I can't imagine they wouldn't have lunch somewhere. After all, on B2B cruises you are not required to leave the ship (other than a brief walk off/walk on for customs on US based cruises), so I would think they have to feed you somewhere.

It is referenced on the reservation invoice for the Celebrity Eclipse and not the solstice.

It is referenced on the reservation invoice for the Celebrity Eclipse and not the solstice.

Which cruise? Our May Eclipse 10 cruise initially had late a embarkation time, then it was adjusted to a more typical timeframe, and finally readjusted to an hour later due to tides.

What if one person in the party is not Concierge class? Might they allow her to join us in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day?

When I went to Alaska at the end of August, I do believe that they allowed this on a case by case basis. I believe that it was more to do with regards to how many people you were wanting to join (i.e. small number versus the whole ship).

I apologize if that sounded sarcastic as I did not intend it to be.

Which cruise? Our May Eclipse 10 cruise initially had late a embarkation time, then it was adjusted to a more typical timeframe, and finally readjusted to an hour later due to tides.

I am on the April 29th, 2019 sailing :)

So...What are the Concierge lunch hours?

Reason I ask is that we're cruising out of Seward on Millennium in a Concierge class cabin...and our bus transportation from our hotel in Anchorage isn't scheduled to arrive at the ship until 1:00 pm...And, I assume that, even with Elite Plus priority status, it will still take at least a few minutes to get checked in and to the Dining Room...

I believe that they are roughly 11:30 to 1:30 and if you make it onboard at around 1:15, you should still be able to get a seat.

I have sailed Concierge on Celebrity over 5 times and I've yet to be invited to any special lunch. WTH? I always arrive before 1pm.

I do not know what to say other than I think it was an added perk within the last couple of years...