Haven access for other family members

ssremodel

And this is the reason it had become a problem forcing NCL to make the changes. This may have been done through an unscrupulous travel agent or PCC, but when NCL figures it out there will be a problem.

Why would NCL care? They still a legal number of passengers in the haven and NCL gets to sell another cabin? Who is being harmed? Certainly not NCL.

If you do a mock booking with the two rooms you are booking, and compare that with a 2 bedroom family haven, your booking comes out to be about 500.00 more. But, by booking two, now you also get whatever free extras you choose for 2 rooms, not just 1 room (internet, dinning, drinks, or shore excursion credits) plus, you are also gaining 3 times the balcony size, and a nice big room for the kids. I would get that in a heartbeat for my family of four. My kids 17 and 18 would definitely prefer that, to the 2 bedroom family suite we always book, and I could pick two more extra freebies for that room. Sign me up for that deal! You are essentially making that penthouse into a huge balcony suite, with a bigger, better, 2nd bedroom option, and double the perks.

NCL should actually just make that an option, and charge even more than the 2 bedroom family suite, as you are definitely getting more for your money if everyone in those rooms gets suite perks.

You’re absolutely right, so I called NCL. They told me that they would do a key swap so my husbands key would have Haven privileges once we got on board. She also said we could bring the girls in the Haven, but not the restaurant without an extra fee. She also couldn’t answer how they would handle last minute show requests. Royal has reserved seating for suite guests and I thought the Haven on NCL did too. Would they only let us sit there and not our children? These are the things I’m worried about but I can get no answers until I actually speak with the concierge.

The suite seating on Breakaway is no big deal. Don't worry about it, it is basically a useless perk. We never sit in it and have never had a problem getting nice seats.

Why would NCL care? They still a legal number of passengers in the haven and NCL gets to sell another cabin? Who is being harmed? Certainly not NCL.

I know!! I dont understand all the fuss- if NCL allows kids to be in that second cabin and get the suite perks-bravo! And I say that as a Haven only guest.

If you do a mock booking with the two rooms you are booking, and compare that with a 2 bedroom family haven, your booking comes out to be about 500.00 more. But, by booking two, now you also get whatever free extras you choose for 2 rooms, not just 1 room (internet, dinning, drinks, or shore excursion credits) plus, you are also gaining 3 times the balcony size, and a nice big room for the kids. I would get that in a heartbeat for my family of four. My kids 17 and 18 would definitely prefer that, to the 2 bedroom family suite we always book, and I could pick two more extra freebies for that room. Sign me up for that deal! You are essentially making that penthouse into a huge balcony suite, with a bigger, better, 2nd bedroom option, and double the perks.

NCL should actually just make that an option, and charge even more than the 2 bedroom family suite, as you are definitely getting more for your money if everyone in those rooms gets suite perks.

Yes! I would pay for that! A lot of people would

And this is the reason it had become a problem forcing NCL to make the changes. This may have been done through an unscrupulous travel agent or PCC, but when NCL figures it out there will be a problem.

I remember reading on here about the double booking not being allowed because of issues with the passenger manifest and muster station counts. There was a huge thread last year , I believe. They have to account for each passenger in the event of evacuation; cant have a passenger e listed at two different stations.

Why should anyone who doesn't pay for Haven access be allowed to enjoy the benefits? It is totally unfair to those of us who do pay the money.

But I would be paying if I put them in the suite. I’d actually pay less that way. With a second cabin, I’m paying more AND I offered to book them in my suite and then pay for the balcony cabin too, but NCL won’t let me. I’m not trying to score a deal here.

Already previously discussed is the fact that NCL will sell that non Haven cabin to someone else plus have the extra passenger(s) squeezed into the actual Haven suite. So in the long run OP will spend more money, but NCL will get less total. My response to Williabt that you quoted is a bigger problem in that it is basically selling passes to the Haven. Why not let everyone sailing in the Haven double book extra family and friends staying in non-Haven cabins into their Haven cabin if that cabin could theoretically hold the total number of people. It only costs the basic additional passenger rate, and sometimes nothing if it's a 3rd/4th free cruise. Suddenly the Haven would always be packed at absolute maximum capacity for every cruise, not much of a Haven experience. If you go back a couple years you can search out some other very interesting situations/abuses of the system that caused these rules to be put in place.

If you want more space per person than the one Haven cabin has and still want everyone to get Haven access, buy another Haven cabin.

They’re minors. I need them next to me

I understand and actually agree. NCL will let you book one parent in each Haven cabin and doesn't care where you actually sleep so it would be possible. How comfortable you would be with the distance from your minors is a personal decision.

We have only cruised in the Courtyard/Haven and have never known which guests are in which suites or cabin. Cant see how I could unless I tail a family to their cabin:confused::confused::confused:.If NCL offered me the combo of a suite with connecting balcony as though it were a larger Haven suite, yipee for me-we paid the fare they requested and had the benefits and access that they offered.

I suppose if they simply kept to allowing connecting cabins with minors the access , it wouldn't be an issue as there are so few of those combos available- the FF PH on the GA/BA has only 4 such suites.

Add in the other 16-20 suites that are out of Haven without a connecting cabin and allowing those in the neighboring cabins access and I see why perhaps the concierges might be the ones putting their feet down.

FWIW- we husband and I recently stayed in an aft and were "reported" by a bejeweled biznich for allegedly crashing the Haven. She told the bartender that we didn't look "Haven-ish" and she did not recognize us as regulars.

Demanded the concierge check our "credentials".

He sent us a bottle of champagne instead.

We enjoyed it on our giant balcony.

People are cray cray. (Love the description [emoji23][emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember reading on here about the double booking not being allowed because of issues with the passenger manifest and muster station counts. There was a huge thread last year , I believe. They have to account for each passenger in the event of evacuation; cant have a passenger e listed at two different stations.

There are other issues with double booking such as "Is the "extra" person really going to pay the DSC for the suite and the DSC for the non-suite?"

What has happened is...

NCL catches the double booking after final payment date. NCL gives the option of either giving up the suite or giving up the non-suite. The suite booking is usually less expensive so that is what is surrendered with the hope that the concierge will allow "grandpa/grandma" to enjoy the Haven with the family. If the extra person gives up the non-suite, they would lose that full fare and would lose the promo that went with it (usually UBP).

If someone gets lucky, great.

Just passing along what has happened to others and they weren't happy about it....

Is everyone assuming that the divider between the 2 balconies will be open. I have seen many threads here that says it is no allowed to be opened. Also on the BA class the aft suite doesn't have a connecting door to the cabin next to it. At least not in our cabin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

You’re absolutely right, so I called NCL. They told me that they would do a key swap so my husbands key would have Haven privileges once we got on board. She also said we could bring the girls in the Haven, but not the restaurant without an extra fee. She also couldn’t answer how they would handle last minute show requests. Royal has reserved seating for suite guests and I thought the Haven on NCL did too. Would they only let us sit there and not our children? These are the things I’m worried about but I can get no answers until I actually speak with the concierge.

Have you considered a Plan B if, after boarding, you are told differently? I think the risk exists that the NCL agent on the phone might be mistaken and that you could be disappointed should things not go as you planned.

Why did I lose you and why are you rolling your eyes?? I honestly don’t like bullies or people who are condescending, so don’t go there because I’ll be happy to go back and forth with you all day. :mad: The reason I feel that all four of us should have access is because if I only got the penthouse suite and put all 4 of us on there, then we would all have the perks. I’m actually choosing to spend more money and get a the balcony next to it. It’s not my choice that the cabin next to it isn’t Haven eligible. If it was I’d pay for it.[/quote

I think u may very well find what NCL tells u on the phone & what happens in reality will differ once on the ship so be prepared. I for example am booked again in an Owner’s Suite on the Jade & my sister/husband are beside me in a penthouse which has suite perks but no Haven access but would I excpect to take them into the Haven area ... No

They’re minors. I need them next to me

Not goofing on you or being like some of the other folks but you just answered your own issues. Get a suite where everyone is together. Pretty simple actually.

Go with rules and procedures that NCL sets forth. Keep it simple and don't have any stress about it.

Enjoy your cruise with your family.

Edited by ColinIllinois

Why did I lose you and why are you rolling your eyes?? I honestly don’t like bullies or people who are condescending, so don’t go there because I’ll be happy to go back and forth with you all day. :mad: The reason I feel that all four of us should have access is because if I only got the penthouse suite and put all 4 of us on there, then we would all have the perks. I’m actually choosing to spend more money and get a the balcony next to it. It’s not my choice that the cabin next to it isn’t Haven eligible. If it was I’d pay for it.[/quote

I think u may very well find what NCL tells u on the phone & what happens in reality will differ once on the ship so be prepared. I for example am booked again in an Owner’s Suite on the Jade & my sister/husband are beside me in a penthouse which has suite perks but no Haven access but would I excpect to take them into the Haven area ... No

But how would they know -- OP is in an aft balcony which is not part of the Haven Enclosure -- so long as the kids have the card to get in or are with the OP, then who would know?

But how would they know -- OP is in an aft balcony which is not part of the Haven Enclosure -- so long as the kids have the card to get in or are with the OP, then who would know?

One of the ways would be if one of the occupants of the non-haven cabin were to try to use his or her card to get a beverage. It won't be a Haven card.

One of the ways would be if one of the occupants of the non-haven cabin were to try to use his or her card to get a beverage. It won't be a Haven card.

They figure out pretty quickly who belongs in the Haven....no idea how but they do

It's the concierge's job to know who is in what cabin and they are pretty good at it. Therefore, as others have stated, it would be a gamble to go with the assumption Haven privileges would be granted to those not officially in a Haven cabin. In cases of younger children traveling with parents it was often overlooked, from what I've seen as the extra guests get older the likelihood tends to drop quickly. It will totally be up to the discretion of the concierge.

Is everyone assuming that the divider between the 2 balconies will be open. I have seen many threads here that says it is no allowed to be opened. Also on the BA class the aft suite doesn't have a connecting door to the cabin next to it. At least not in our cabin.

The H6 balcony doesn't connect to the balcony of the connecting stateroom. Only certain H6s have a connecting stateroom.