Cheers - Freshly squeezed OJ not inc

cshellz

That’s been updated this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to mention this again since my original posting from about 25 hours ago got mysteriously erased. I was the one that had sent Carnival an email regarding this situation back in April of 2017, right after I booked our Aug of 2018 cruise on the Horizon. I had stumbled across a Havana Bar menu on line and specifically asked whether the fresh squeezed OJ was included with Cheers. I got a copy and paste response of the then in effect terms and conditions, so at that point it was included. Obviously with the inaugural sailing of the Horizon, the bean counters have changed their minds and what was previously a gray matter is now black and white and it's not included. Very frustrating since it is included on Royal and Celebrity. :mad::mad: Just another quirk about the Cheers program. They make such a big thing of stating that drinks up to 50.00 are included, when in fact, I believe the highest thing they have is a glass of champagne for 20.00 at the Steakhouse.

I agree, I don't see any exclusions that state the "fresh squeezed" OJ isn't included. They need to update this if that's the case.

It is a shame if they don't include freshly squeezed OJ with the drinking package, Royal Caribbean includes it with their drink packages, and it is much better than the "other OJ".

I also do not see any mention of any other "fresh squeezed" juices like lime juice, grapefruit juice, grape juice, apple juice, etc. BUT you want fresh squeezed orange stated specifically. And since it is not mention specifically as being excluded it must be included. Makes no sense at all.

I just look on the Carnival Website under cheers program and the following exclusions are listed as of 4/13/2018 at 3:33 CDT. And this is NOT photoshopped.

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at the gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations
  • Freshly squeezed orange juice served in the Havana Bar
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

I just look on the Carnival Website under cheers program and the following exclusions are listed as of 4/13/2018 at 3:33 CDT. And this is NOT photoshopped.

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at the gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations
  • Freshly squeezed orange juice served in the Havana Bar
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

As previously mentioned in posts 21, 22 and 25, Carnival's website was changed with the inaugural sailing of the Horizon to specifically exclude the fresh squeezed OJ from Cheers.

I also do not see any mention of any other "fresh squeezed" juices like lime juice, grapefruit juice, grape juice, apple juice, etc. BUT you want fresh squeezed orange stated specifically. And since it is not mention specifically as being excluded it must be included. Makes no sense at all.

Because they don't offer these juices as fresh squeezed.

We’re sailing on the Sunshine next month and decided to get Cheers and was looking forward to the OJ at the Havana bar. Read a post on here from someone on the Horizon inaugural cruise saying they tried getting fresh squeezed oj under Cheers and were denied. I double checked the Cheers info on Carnival’s website and the oj was not specifically included or excluded. I contacted Carnival last week. Initially got a stock answer. I the wrote to their guest solutions folks. Their response frankly sucked, the did state that now they would make it clear that on the ships with Havana bars, the fresh squeezed oj would not be included with Cheer. About then is when they added the line in the Cheers info that the oj is excluded from Cheers on or about April 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a bit bizarre that you can get 15 $50 drinks a day on cheers - so potentially $750 in drinks a day; not including the non-alcoholic options.... but a $5 OJ is too much. They must be concerned that people will be drinking a lot of orange juice [emoji6]

I do find it frustrating when I have already paid for something with the expectation of having access to or being included. This is what turned me off of NCl. I had booked my cruise then they changed a few weeks before my sailing what restaurants were included and what was upcharge. I haven’t sailed ncl again. Very disappointed that they have excluded juice while other cruise lines include. Even Royal that has a juice bar.

I bought CHEERS months ago

Could always squeeze your own juice. Oranges seem to always be available in the buffet.

I've seen this suggested on a few threads, but I don't know how well it would work. I assume oranges available for passenger consumption (some food items are just decoration) are navel oranges which wouldn't yield much juice. Even juicing oranges would take several oranges to yield a reasonable glass and most probably wouldn't want to deal with the mess.

Do they actually squeeze the oranges right in front of you or is it simply "not from concentrate" juice?
Have not seen how they do it in the Havana Bar, but on Royal and Celebrity, who both have fresh squeezed OJ, it is not Tropicana from a bottle, it's a machine that does the extraction and sometimes it's done ahead of time and comes from a pitcher, but it's real fresh squeezed stuff. And Celebrity also has it in grapefruit.

Have not seen how they do it in the Havana Bar, but on Royal and Celebrity, who both have fresh squeezed OJ, it is not Tropicana from a bottle, it's a machine that does the extraction and sometimes it's done ahead of time and comes from a pitcher, but it's real fresh squeezed stuff. And Celebrity also has it in grapefruit.

I would imagine part of the cost is storing the oranges. As a native Floridian I only drink not from concentrate, local juice like Natalie's or Uncle Matt's. I gotta admit I don't get the fixation with "fresh squeezed" when I doubt that the bulk of it is squeezed on board.

I feel this has to be a cargo space issue. It takes a few oranges to get one glass of juice, so if it was covered by CHEERS and everyone flocked to get fresh OJ the amount of space the needed oranges would take up could be considerable.

Do they actually squeeze the oranges right in front of you or is it simply "not from concentrate" juice?

Havana has a machine.

Besides storage for oranges, I can also see issues with spoilage if demand and supply aren't in sync.

Havana has a machine.

Besides storage for oranges, I can also see issues with spoilage if demand and supply aren't in sync.

Yeah, when I would squeeze oranges from my MIL backyard on the Indian River it took about five oranges for a decent glass, plus sometimes they aren’t quite as sweet as the could be.

As far as I’m concerned a glass of good commercially squeezed, pasteurized juice is far better. No “theater” to it though, just good juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would imagine part of the cost is storing the oranges. As a native Floridian I only drink not from concentrate, local juice like Natalie's or Uncle Matt's. I gotta admit I don't get the fixation with "fresh squeezed" when I doubt that the bulk of it is squeezed on board.
All I can go with is first hand experience on the Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Silhouette and RCI Independence of the Seas. All 3 had machines that did it and because of the popularity of it at Cafe al Bacio on Celebrity, they kept a pitcher of it in their cooler.

I feel this has to be a cargo space issue. It takes a few oranges to get one glass of juice, so if it was covered by CHEERS and everyone flocked to get fresh OJ the amount of space the needed oranges would take up could be considerable.
See above 3 mentioned ships for first hand experience with their drinks packages that covered it.

Before the oranges spoiled, all they would have to do is make the juice and utilize it at the Alchemy Bar and Havana Bar as a free upgraded OJ in the mixed drinks.

Fresh squeezed oj was a great perk included at the lido breakfast buffet everyday on celebrity, and included in the beverage package. As much as you wanted. Also fresh squeezed pink grapefruit too. Both were so good! Of course they also had a couple stations with fresh made eggs Benedict too. Made several different ways, whatever you wanted.