Allure fish of day- what to expect

From MDR menus posted see fish of the day most days. Wanted to get some idea what this typically might mean on the Allure. As on special diets and dealing with special needs and have a sous chef assigned to us onboard, had no idea if this is likely to be a fish that could be prepared to meet our needs or is merely a pre battered fish fish filet at worst.

It Appears that RCCL uses only Atlantic (farm raised salmon). As much as we like Salmon, I am allergic to the food colorings food for in farm raised Salmon and DW liver Doctor prohibits her from eating anything but wild caught Salmon. He calls Farm raised Salmon poison.

Usually there is another type of fish on the menu also, but, who knows how and where they are raised. How can you know that they will be any safer than the salmon. Tilapia is a perfect example. Its the common name for about a 100 species of freshwater cichlid fish. Lord only knows what you might be eating! and from where!

Usually there is another type of fish on the menu also, but, who knows how and where they are raised. How can you know that they will be any safer than the salmon. Tilapia is a perfect example. Its the common name for about a 100 species of freshwater cichlid fish. Lord only knows what you might be eating! and from where!

Had some very tasteless tilapia in my time. But it never gave me hives or caused my face to swell as farm raised salmon does every time a restaurant claims it is wild caught< I eat, react then DW insists on seeing the proof and always has been labeled Alaskan or farm raised Salmon.

Had some very tasteless tilapia in my time. But it never gave me hives or caused my face to swell as farm raised salmon does every time a restaurant claims it is wild caught< I eat, react then DW insists on seeing the proof and always has been labeled Alaskan or farm raised Salmon.

Hives are the worst!

I would never eat salmon if I thought I might get hives from it!

I'd stick with chicken!

Have a wonderful cruise.;)

From MDR menus posted see fish of the day most days. Wanted to get some idea what this typically might mean on the Allure. As on special diets and dealing with special needs and have a sous chef assigned to us onboard, had no idea if this is likely to be a fish that could be prepared to meet our needs or is merely a pre battered fish fish filet at worst.

A week ago on the Allure, it was salmon, cat fish, swordfish on the three nights we asked.

We tried the salmon one night and it was really good. Most cruise ship fish is over cooked and then dried as it is held for service. This salmon was perfectly cooked and very moist.

274c6320dee53634476e950a5f071f4a.jpg

A week ago on the Allure, it was salmon, cat fish, swordfish on the three nights we asked.

We tried the salmon one night and it was really good. Most cruise ship fish is over cooked and then dried as it is held for service. This salmon was perfectly cooked and very moist.

274c6320dee53634476e950a5f071f4a.jpg

Don't show me that. It makes it even harder to do w/o the salmon onboard. Hate that all they serve is farm raised. To those who say give up all fish. I have had to give up too many items. I love fish and all seafood. I will only give up those that cause a problem and farm raised or "Atlantic " salmon is it because of the food they feed them and fake food coloring which I have a big issue with. Thanks to all that replied with ideas about types of fish served. I kept seeing fish of the day while salmon often on the menu and wondered what kinds of fish the fish of the day might be. Hopefully since some may be special prepared, I may get something edible. At home I eat salmon once a week at least but wild caught Pacific salmon.