Upsell happiness!

ohhbother

We're sailing on the Sapphire Princess in less than three weeks on a 10-day cruise from Rome to Southampton. We had booked two inside cabins -- one for us and one for my parents (the trip is our Christmas gift to them). My husband and I normally do a balcony stateroom, but since I'm paying for four people instead of two this trip, inside cabins were the only feasible option.

Well, today we got an email offer to move to oceanview cabins for $78 per cabin. We ended up in two partially obstructed OV rooms, but I did some online research and was able to get us both placed in cabins with pretty darn good views for obstructed.

We're so excited! We were going to have a fine time in our inside cabins, but it sure is going to be nice to be able to see the world go by!

Great News for you and your parents. My parents got us hooked on cruising. Sadly, they had to hang up their sailing shoes several years ago due to their health. We do miss them on our cruises now, but wouldn’t trade the memories for anything. Enjoy your time together...I know you will.

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise on the newly refurbished Sapphire. DW and I will be on her in October on nearly the same cruise in reverse. Toulon replaces Monte Carlo on that one.

Enjoy, treasure, and Safe Journeys. Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great News for you and your parents. My parents got us hooked on cruising. Sadly, they had to hang up their sailing shoes several years ago due to their health. We do miss them on our cruises now, but wouldn’t trade the memories for anything. Enjoy your time together...I know you will.

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise on the newly refurbished Sapphire. DW and I will be on her in October on nearly the same cruise in reverse. Toulon replaces Monte Carlo on that one.

Enjoy, treasure, and Safe Journeys. Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I plan to do a detailed review with photos. I know everyone is looking for updates on the newly refurbished ship!

Excellent. A great deal

I think so too -- especially since we only paid $999 per person for the inside cabins to start with -- for a 10-day cruise. I thought that was a pretty awesome price.

We really like those (unobstructed) obstructed OV cabins on Princess. They save a lot of money and you get plenty of natural light in your cabin. Whenever we can't afford a balcony cabin, we snag one of those for little more than an inside cabin as a nice compromise. I love the location on the ship, too. Happy cruising!!

looks like it is Per cabin for the whole 10 day cruise. So $39 p/p extra for 10 day cruise? Nice bargain

Yes, that's correct. $39 pp total for the entire 10-day cruise. I was so nervous until we got the callback -- I was so worried I called too late! I knew it was a great deal. :-)