Escape questions about SDP and Platinum rewards specialty dinners

DaisyL

What are the rules and restrictions for booking the 3 SDP promo and the 2 Platinum rewards specialty dinners on Escape. I know this has been asked many times but I couldn't locate the answers, now that I need it.

What restaurants can we book using these 5 specialty dinners and is there an additional charge? I'm happy we only need to dine in the complimentary restaurants twice during our 7 day cruise... didn't care for the 'included' dining rooms for dinner on BA last time.

Thanks...

SDP: You can eat at any dining facility. Some have an upcharge (eg Ocean Blue $25 per person)

PLAT: You will get ...

ONE certificate PER CABIN good for dinner for two at your choice of Cagneys/Le Bsitro

ONE certificate PER CABIN good for dinner for two at your choice of Moderno/La Cucina

The upcharge is actually $18 per person ($15 plus 20% gratuity).

The rules are always book your fixed price meals first. Moderno, and Teppanyaki. Followed by up charge restaurants Ocean Blue and Supper Club Cabaret. And finally a la carte restaurants.

Platinum Meals

b33258a85fdf24e2641c08dfde9058f5.jpg

SDP meals

Included: Le Bistro, Cagney’s, Margaritaville, Moderno, Teppanyaki

Upcharge: Supper Club Cabaret, Ocean Blue, Pincho Tapas.

We actually sail with of SDPs and use it (with a $7+tips upcharge) for lunch at Pincho Tapas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BirdTravels

SDP: You can eat at any dining facility. Some have an upcharge (eg Ocean Blue $25 per person)

PLAT: You will get ...

ONE certificate PER CABIN good for dinner for two at your choice of Cagneys/Le Bsitro

ONE certificate PER CABIN good for dinner for two at your choice of Moderno/La Cucina

This is only true if there are only two people in the cabin that qualify for the dinners. From https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

QUOTE: I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit. END QUOTE

I am only posting this because it seems many are still unaware that this was changed from only the first two Platinum on ups getting their dinners to all those entitled to dinners getting their dinners.

Thank you all for explaining it all. BTW, we’re both Platinum and only a cabin for the 2 of us.

It’s close enough to start getting excited or at least planning dinners and shows.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are receiving 3 nights dinners at Specialty restaurants as part on NCL Eclipse promotion. Do we still get 2 more free dinners for being Platinum Latitudes members?

I don't know what the Eclipse Promotion is, but the Platinum meals are separate from any other promos, so you will get them as well.

For example, we had a 4 meal SDP as a free at sea option on our last cruise. Adding the Platinum meals gave us 6 in total.