What alcohol do you buy from shops on board?

jeepfan2006

On my last cruise, I bought some JW Blue and Sheridans. I on the Gem next week and plan to restock. Are there any good buys that you look for when you're shopping for liquor on board?

None, better deals and selections on shore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my last cruise, I bought some JW Blue and Sheridans. I on the Gem next week and plan to restock. Are there any good buys that you look for when you're shopping for liquor on board?

We spoke with manager of liquor store on ship and confirmed that if we found cheaper prices on islands would they match...we took pics of sale price on island and they reissued our sale on ship to cheaper price.

Like you I stock up on Sheridan's. On a couple of cruises they had limited editions of Jack Daniels so we purchased those.

We check prices closely before leaving home and compare them to ship prices. The last few years we have not purchased on ship. This year, because we do have a pretty good OBC we think we will bring a couple of bottles home, but it is a pain when you are flying. Most likely hubby will buy a good bottle of scotch and maybe Sheridan.

This year, because we do have a pretty good OBC we think we will bring a couple of bottles home, but it is a pain when you are flying. Most likely hubby will buy a good bottle of scotch and maybe Sheridan.

On the Breakaway last week we ended up struggling to use all our OBC. So, we got two bottles of Sheridan's and a bottle of anejo tequila.

We were driving home...so no transportation issues.

Unless something special, no. Years ago, yes, prices were very good. Now can get at big box store for same or better price.

Also surprised by St. Thomas last trip nothing really special in terms of prices.

DCL actually had some decent prices though. Maybe from some cities though. On our Boston trip I've never seen the store so busy and so much purchased.

I found NCL's prices a bit high. My wife loves Sheridan's. Last December we were on Princess, then a week later on the Escape. Sheridan's on was $18.00 less for the 2 bottle package on Princess. You can't buy it in the U.S., but I would definitely price it on the islands.

I found NCL's prices a bit high. My wife loves Sheridan's. Last December we were on Princess, then a week later on the Escape. Sheridan's on was $18.00 less for the 2 bottle package on Princess. You can't buy it in the U.S., but I would definitely price it on the islands.

Sheridan's was $20 a bottle on the Scape but found it in Cozumel at the end of the pier $30 for two bottles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't bought any liquor on board in years. I find that the selection has decreased and only rarely see anything that interests me. When I do see something the price is not good enough to make me deal with the trouble of getting even a single bottle home.

On board, I've found the prices have gone up a lot the past few years. My favorite ports for liquor are St. Thomas (K-Mart) and Grand Cayman (Tortuga). I also like getting some local bottles from distilleries when I can.

Not an NCL experience per se, but I was on Carnival, and they had a green Mcallan's box for $62 in the duty free shop. Then when we got to Grand Turk the same box was $42. I texted a friend to google it because there was no 'aging years' listed on the box. He texted back that the green box is made just for the cruise industry for sale and isn't sold any where else. Lesson learned, don't buy booze on cruise ship.

Not an NCL experience per se, but I was on Carnival, and they had a green Mcallan's box for $62 in the duty free shop. Then when we got to Grand Turk the same box was $42. I texted a friend to google it because there was no 'aging years' listed on the box. He texted back that the green box is made just for the cruise industry for sale and isn't sold any where else. Lesson learned, don't buy booze on cruise ship.

There are several scotch makers the have scotches made specificly for the duty free market, (not just cruises). These can be very nice scotches at a reasonable price.

The green box is Mcallan Select and it is very good.