Latitude points and tier level discrepancy

klo0315

I just checked to see if our points from our most recent cruise had been applied to my latitudes account yet. It shows I earned 21 pints for our cruise (which I thought I was only getting 14 for so bonus!). My total points says 49 but it says I’m gold level. Yet in the description it says gold doesn’t start until 55 points. Anyone know why this is? Is it a glitch?

I just checked to see if our points from our most recent cruise had been applied to my latitudes account yet. It shows I earned 21 pints for our cruise (which I thought I was only getting 14 for so bonus!). My total points says 49 but it says I’m gold level. Yet in the description it says gold doesn’t start until 55 points. Anyone know why this is? Is it a glitch?
So this happened to me also. I was told by Ncl any cruises that were booked before the tier change were grandfathered in to the old tiers even if you hadn't completed the sailing. I was told by my ta though they any latitude members prior to the new tier levels would remain under the old program. So definitely not a glitch but not sure how they are figuring it.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Whatever you do, don't call NCL and bring this up. They might bump you back down to Silver. BTW, I became Platinum with only 77 points, but I booked before the new rules went into effect. Looks like you got a "free upgrade" somehow...

We didn’t book this cruise until fall 2017 so definitely not before feb 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whatever you do, don't call NCL and bring this up. They might bump you back down to Silver. BTW, I became Platinum with only 77 points, but I booked before the new rules went into effect. Looks like you got a "free upgrade" somehow...

Ha I definitely won’t do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your cruise was booked before Feb 2016 you are grandfathered in to the old tier levels. No error. Enjoy. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure if this is the case - we booked well before that date and would have just hit platinum - but didn't because of the new tiers. We are now 7 short. Bummer.

I'm not sure if this is the case - we booked well before that date and would have just hit platinum - but didn't because of the new tiers. We are now 7 short. Bummer.

That would make you the only people who I have seen report that you haven’t been grandfathered in.

However, I suspect you have just got your sums wrong. You say that you would be platinum, but are 7 points short of the new level. Under the new rules, you need 80 points to be platinum, so I assume that you have 73. Under the old rules you needed 76 points, so you would have been short even then.

I had the same exact scenario as you. I am listed as Platinum, but couldn't figure out why, as I only had 77 points. Had no idea they grandfathered people in, but so glad they did!

This is mentioned on here every now and then, and very few people seem to be aware that NCL are grandfathering people in.

I usually make the point that there is a noticeable difference between how this is discussed compared to negative things. If this was a negative there would have been multiple 50 page threads discussing it on these boards.

Still, good news is never as exciting as having something to grumble about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm does anyone have the old points needed for tier levels? My first NCL cruise was back in 2016 so it sounds like I might be grandfathered in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I found them by googling “NCL latitudes changes”. It brought up this link.

http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2017/01/31/adjusting-latitudes-changing-the-norwegian-loyalty-program/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk