Ok, 6 of us board the Vista....where do we go first?

annster31

I know there are a few things I should do after I board before I settle into my first ever Cheers program. I don't have FTTF (so no chance for Behind the Fun?) .We have 2 side by side balcony cabins on the Lido deck, I do believe I have to have one person from each cabin go to front desk and request the wall be taken down or opened between the balconies. I have to sign up for Cat in the Hat breakfast somewhere. Am I missing something? Or nothing is more important then Guys burgher and a beer. Thank you for any tips.

People flock to the first food they see. So I'd go for the food on the highest level you can find. If there's pasta on deck 11, that's where I'd be heading. I saw on Horizon they have that area split in half with pasta on one side and mongolian wok on the other...Not sure about Vista.

If Lido area and atrium bars are crowded....head to back by Tides pool where you will have the whole place to yourself for a cocktail, Then walk down to Deck 5 to Pig and Anchor for some barbecue. Its located just outside from Ocean Plaza and Havana area

I know there are a few things I should do after I board before I settle into my first ever Cheers program. I don't have FTTF (so no chance for Behind the Fun?) .We have 2 side by side balcony cabins on the Lido deck, I do believe I have to have one person from each cabin go to front desk and request the wall be taken down or opened between the balconies. I have to sign up for Cat in the Hat breakfast somewhere. Am I missing something? Or nothing is more important then Guys burgher and a beer. Thank you for any tips.

I'd still try for BTF if you really want it - you never know! :) Then I would go to the aft pool/bar where no one will be for awhile...everyone is at the main Lido pool/bar/food!

Not having FTTF won't preclude you from purchasing the Behind the Fun tour. I can't remember exactly when Guest Services sells tickets for it, but I do know they only sell a limited number of tickets. Right after you board on Embarkation Day, go to the Guest Services desk and ask when they will be selling tickets. The line at Guy's Burgers gets really long on Embarkation Day. You'd think people hadn't eaten a hamburger for a year. We tend to bypass Guy's on Embarkation Day. There are plenty of other food options, and there will be plenty of opportunities during the cruise to grab a burger and fries.

When we went in August, the Cat in the Hat signup was by the main elevators on the Lido deck. You can signup quickly on the way to lunch.

Also, the line at Guys/Blue Iguana/Buffet are going to be really long on Embarkation Day. If you go the Ji Ji or Captaino's, there will very few there and not as stressful.

Tickets for BtF are sold as soon as the shore excursions desk opens, so go there first when you embark. They will add a second BtF session if there is demand. It's well-worth it on Vista, too; the Engineering Control room is worth the price of admission by itself, and resembles the bridge of a starship. :)

People flock to the first food they see. So I'd go for the food on the highest level you can find. If there's pasta on deck 11, that's where I'd be heading. I saw on Horizon they have that area split in half with pasta on one side and mongolian wok on the other...Not sure about Vista.

Vista has both, and both are free of charge during lunch and were virtually empty on embark day last October. JiJi's Asian Kitchen has stir-fry cooked to your specs while you relax at a table, and the Cucina del Capitano has a cooked-to-order pasta bar. The Lido buffet will be a madhouse right below you on embark day....just walk upstairs for a relaxing lunch. We felt kinda guilty about it........but not THAT guilty. :D

Guy's Pig-and-Anchor is also a lunch possibility on embark day. Despite the fact that the boarding flyer said food was available on Lido Deck and at Guy's on Deck 5, there wasn't a line when we dropped by for a look.

Guy's = yuk!!!!!

We always get the partitions taken down. Our cruise last week we had 4 adjoining rooms so we had 3 of the partitions opened, which was a challenge because only every other partition is designed to be left open, otherwise the "odd" ones would block one of the balcony doors. We discovered the nail file on my multi-tool fit in the diagonal of the square hole for the door latch so we would open it when necessary. It was really nice to have the length of 4 balconies all opened up.

Thank you for the tips, anybody try to get the partition down between side by side balconies?

Not all partitions can be opened. If opening the partition and it blocks a cabin door that divider will not be able to be opened.

Check it out when you get to the cabin. If you see your divider does not block the cabin door-- leave a note for your cabin steward on the bed so he can unlock it for you

Get up to the Lido deck NOW. Have a cocktail or three and a scrumptious Guys burger or two. Everything else can wait.:cool:

Oh.....and PS: Get off your iphone and go have fun.

WOW I am on the Vista in July and I will take your advice. I like Guy on Food Network and have never tried his food. And I am all about un plugging. so your advice what short, sweet, and good to follow.