Never leave ship

We have not stayed on the ship the entire time. But if we cruised enough, I could see how we would.

This cruise we are basically skipping Falmouth Jamaica. We will probably get off and shop a little, but that will be it.

It will be our first time on Harmony and we want to experience the ship. Hoping it will be pretty quiet. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some enjoy being at sea, the food, the service, the relaxation, etc. Each to their own.
Bob, I agree to each their own. But.... after reading on CC long enough....

You cant see the sea on big ships.

The food is inedible and not available like it used to be.

The service is horrible or nonexistent.

Cant relax because you cant get a chair from the hogs and lines at the elevators.

Sorry, not picking a fight.

But, really, pick a balcony or bigger, add drink package, pricing is pretty close at very nice AI on land. But lots of variables and this topic is a lot like herding cats.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

At first DW and I liked port intensive cruises then we discovered sea days were very relaxing at least for us. I'm not sure we would ever get to staying solely on the ship but I do know there are ports we will skip to take advantage of being on a less crowded ship.

We have in the past and are planning to on the Adventure out of Bayonne next week. It visits Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay. My dad will get off at Coco Cay to snorkel but my mother and I will not (she's a full time wheelchair user so tendering isn't a good thing and I won't leave her alone on the ship since she needs assistance for most stuff). Port Canaveral and Nassau are places we've been too many times to count and there's not really much there of interest.

I booked this cruise because:

A - it leaves from Bayonne and is a Voyager class ship (so a 1 day drive from Toronto which is a small travel/time expense).

B - it was cheap (for us, anyways because that class has great interior wheelchair accessible cabins).

For us, it's a week away. Not too different from an all inclusive except we don't have to fly and I don't have to deal with alcohol built into the price (because we rarely drink).

With only a handful of cruises under our belt so far, this hasn't come up for us. We have, however, returned from port early, and enjoyed the nearly empty pool deck on a couple of occasions already. So I could definitely see us choosing to just stay on board eventually, but probably not for the entire cruise.

Just curious how many cruisers go on say a 7 night or longer cruise and just stayed on the ship the entire cruise. Either because you have been to the ports or just cruise for the ship and not for the stops. Thinking about this in the future.

Never, I actually don’t care much for cruise ships it’s the itinerary, and cruises are a great way to visit a lot of places on limited time. Recently went on a river cruise and loved that, every day in a port. A pool is not a big deal to us, we had an inground installed a few years ago. I can never understand cruising for a pool, it’s soooo small, at least at a resort it’s huge.