Never leave ship

Just curious how many cruisers go on say a 7 night or longer cruise and just stayed on the ship the entire cruise. Either because you have been to the ports or just cruise for the ship and not for the stops. Thinking about this in the future.

We've been to Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas, etc so many times that we now tend to just chill out on the ship instead of doing excursions. BUT, we normally do go into the "duty free" area and hit a bar and have a drink and snack then wander back on-board, just to say "we've been there again". ;p

Just curious how many cruisers go on say a 7 night or longer cruise and just stayed on the ship the entire cruise. Either because you have been to the ports or just cruise for the ship and not for the stops. Thinking about this in the future.

Not the entire cruise, but we've stayed on for 4 of 5 ports.

quite a few do. I no longer get off in any Mexican ports. many people now cruise the big ones: Oasis, Allure, Ovation, etc for the ship amenities and don't care where she's going.

some of my best days have been on port days when 2/3 of the pax are gone.

We've done it several times now and love a mostly empty ship. Most people that remain are well seasoned cruisers which makes for great conversations and a relaxing afternoon, Having the pool, windjammer and some others venues with only a few others enjoying the same is a real treat for us.

We are thinking of doing this on our Freedom sailing on the 28th. We might get off at Lababee but otherwise I think we will stay onboard. This will be our 3rd sailing since November on the same ship/itinerary.

We have skipped one port on each of our last two cruises. It is nice to have the ship "to yourself". Next year we are on Symphony, with several of the same ports as our Freedom cruise this year. I don't anticipate getting off the ship in those ports. I could see doing a full 7 day without disembarking...

We do this frequently. There's nothing more peaceful than the solarium on a port day or, depending on the ship's orientation, just sitting on our balcony watching the port activity. We've been on most of the excursions and my husband's not able to snorkel any more, so unless we are with a group of friends I can snorkel with, we just enjoy the ship.

Of course, if we happen to go to a new port, which doesn't happen often anymore, this all changes and we're as eager to explore the town and enjoy at least one excursion as first-time cruisers.

Margy

I pick a port where I can just walk around and do that in a port. I have stayed on the ship for all ports but one. I enjoy the ship being quieter and mostly empty. In no time at all, it starts to fill up again!

In the Caribbean, we only get off on the private island... otherwise we stay on board the entire 7 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We use cruises to explore places we may want to take longer, noncruise vacations in the future. Staying on the ship would defeat the purpose. Sometimes we get off in ports we have seen before just to get free Wifi.

I don’t get this? Why not just stay at an all inclusive thing? To me the reason you go on a cruise is to visit multiple different places in one trip but if you don’t actually get off the ship what’s the point? I have a friend that recently went on a cruise and hated it because they didn’t do any excursions and stayed on the ship and she was so bored she just wanted to leave...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t get this? Why not just stay at an all inclusive thing? To me the reason you go on a cruise is to visit multiple different places in one trip but if you don’t actually get off the ship what’s the point? I have a friend that recently went on a cruise and hated it because they didn’t do any excursions and stayed on the ship and she was so bored she just wanted to leave...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Price out a very good all inclusive and compare it to what we pay for cruising and you will see why we cruise. Also we’ve done all inclusives and their evening entertainment compared to cruising well it’s not even close.

Have stayed on the ship many times while in port, especially the Caribbean as have been to most several times. We too like the quiet,

half-empty ship. Do like to get off in Labadee. Usually get off a short while in Cozumel as it is an easy port to get off/on ship.