AARP e-gift card now has a fee

Georgie562

It’s a nominal fee I guess but you are no longer saving exactly 10% for email/electronic Carnival gift cards. You pay a “shipping” fee of 0.59 cents per card. Even if you buy say 2 cards in one transaction you will get charged $1.18

Bummer

Edited by Georgie562

It was always like that if you had it mailed but you’re saying even the ecards have a shipping fee?

Yes that is correct. I just bought 1 electronic gift card and received it in my email 2 minutes later was charged a 0.59 cents fee

Bought 2 more a few minutes later also received fairly quick and fee for those two was $1.18. It states "shipping" cost but I see it as just a money making fee for AARP .

Edited by Georgie562

If you call them they will refund the fee. When it happened to me today, I called and they said it was a glitch in the system and processed a refund

Seems like they fixed the glitch now. Thanks for the info. :)

Just to be sure before I order some of these, I can use them to pay my cruise balance, right? In other words, with enough cards I can get 10% off my cruise? Sorry to ask since I know one person just said you can, but I want to be 110% sure before I buy them. Thanks!

Just to be sure before I order some of these, I can use them to pay my cruise balance, right? In other words, with enough cards I can get 10% off my cruise? Sorry to ask since I know one person just said you can, but I want to be 110% sure before I buy them. Thanks!

Yes

Unless I'm mistaken...when I had them mailed, I purchased the $100 separately and each came with a code which got my points back that I used to purchase them. Recently I purchased the e cards which saved the shipping fee, but came with no code to get the points back.

I had been saving up my points and just cashed them in for enough points to pay off my cruise balance for July (everything but the deposit), social network plan for just me, and cheers for DH and me. It was A LOT of gift cards but I saved almost $300!

My credit card company denied the purchase until I confirmed I was indeed making it - I don't fault them though. I'd rather them check.

So yes, pay off that balance at 10% off :D:D