Live from Bliss TA

Single Cruiser

I was more upset at no Baked potato and bacon soup.

They’ve also removed sliders from starters and mushrooms from sides.

Another interesting point. Over the other side in Los Lobos was empty!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will definitely miss the baked potato soup. My other concern is the lack of sea bass. Our friend that cruises with us does not eat meat, but does eat seafood. She loved the sea bass and my husband (who tries to avoid meat due to health reasons) would sometimes get that as well.

This is really disappointing -- not the end of the world, just disappointing.

So a really busy day today. I woke early and took that empty pool deck shot. The sea was milky smooth 7ff6fde623fc4696b6a19d36b57000d4.jpg

We are in the centre of a high pressure system so hopefully tomorrow will be the same before it breaks down as we reach Canada.

3c7b7397d49c14df392b2fc2778d73ce.jpg

We’ve passed the halfway point on the map as well.

This morning was a chance to soak up the rays which I did up on the public side of deck 19. The bar is shared with Vibe and the service is always great.

Before lunch I nipped back to my cabin to find the laundry had been done.

45fbd084c4f2d9ad6046124ad4cc6849.jpg

So for the afternoon I joined the rest of the solo passengers in both the Go-Kart and Laser Tag activities.

I’ve never actually been karting on dry land so was a bit unsure but more apprehensive of embarrassment if I couldn’t fit my larger than average frame in the small karts.

The good news is I did with them helping to adjust the straps. The worst for me was the tight fitting helmet! Not one for the closterphobic type and after you don the balaclava you squeeze your head in!

We were off. The problem I found was there was mixed abilities and on a small track with limited overtaking opportunities there was some shunting into the back of others including mine which wasn’t good! They definitely need to have beginner timed sessions and intermediate etc to get similar speed on the same time. But I survived and it was $7 well spent.

fb0ccbff361f822b58121cfbda23ac44.jpge6cb85c74d57d261f52d8c88cf0e05f5.jpg

A few went on again my time of 38secs was quite poor but then they said when did you press the boost button! Oops I never did. It’s on the right of the steering wheel.

We had an hour until the next activity and time for some well earnt liquid refreshment.

Up to deck 20 fwd and the Laser Tag arena. It took some while for them to organise and provide login and guns for the two teams.

You are supposed to get 2 5min games.

Unfortunately on the first game myself and one other guys gun failed to activate so we had to sit out. When they replaced them we started again two games.

I found it a lot more enjoyable than the karting but more energy consuming. Especially in the heat. Our team won both games though [emoji3].

5dc2983f1ddfe0fe9f8a815b4bc58f7a.jpg

Back to the cabin and a note and voicemail on the phone to say they’d cancelled my shore excursion in Canada due to lack of interest! My refund is back on my onboard account so I now have to see if there is another one or just head ashore when we arrive.

Tonight it’s tenors of rock and 80s party so a quick dinner in the garden cafe (my first evening there).

We had an hour until the next activity and time for some well earnt liquid refreshment.

Up to deck 20 fwd and the Laser Tag arena. It took some while for them to organise and provide login and guns for the two teams.

You are supposed to get 2 5min games.

Unfortunately on the first game myself and one other guys gun failed to activate so we had to sit out. When they replaced them we started again two games.

I found it a lot more enjoyable than the karting but more energy consuming. Especially in the heat. Our team won both games though [emoji3].

5dc2983f1ddfe0fe9f8a815b4bc58f7a.jpg

Robert isn’t happy. You’ve made him jealous. :)

Last night was a nice Roast Turkey at the Garden Cafe followed by a beer or two in Brewhouse. I think there are now 11 empty paddles so we are getting through them!

Tenors of Rock were great but the combination of Sun, exertions on track and arena and the alcohol were taking its tole.

I managed to make it to the Social for a few hours of the 80s party fae285ec9b0d72b52f547a0dd5eaf001.jpg

We are actually a lot closer to Canada than so thought we would be. 709300a25d92abf71233a91a4ac1ae49.jpg

We still have two sea days including today another hour back on the clock to match Canadian time.

Rather than slowing to stay in the East moving high centre the Captain decided to increase from our leisurely 16/17 knots to nearly 23knts. Not sure what weather forecast he was looking at!

Someone said he was trying to keep the good weather but that’s going East and we are West bound so not sure how that works.

Since you have internet, can you see about renting a car? I rented a car once in Halifax. Maybe you can get some more people from your roll call to go in.

Thanks for the suggestion. In the end I switched to the Cove and titanic cemetery one.

That fog reminds me of the last day of the Breakaway TA. It had been a really nice day the day before and we were expecting more of the same, but it was thick fog all day (in my memory at least).

I remember standing out on the waterfront listening to the foghorn. It was quite spooky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That fog reminds me of the last day of the Breakaway TA. It had been a really nice day the day before and we were expecting more of the same, but it was thick fog all day (in my memory at least).

I remember standing out on the waterfront listening to the foghorn. It was quite spooky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was the Breakaway outside of NY!

So we are now 4hrs back from UK time and on time for Halifax tomorrow.

Yesterday outdoors was pretty much a write-off!

And Cabin Fever starting to set in!

The seas have still been the smoothest of any transatlantic crossing I’ve done.

Last nights ents weren’t great as stuff is now starting to repeat. We had choices like seeing the comedian in the theatre whom I’d already seen in the social and whom I didn’t really relate with, karaoke in cavern club, or listen to Jim the pianist in the Brewhouse play the same songs and do the same jokes!

In the end Doug, Sue and a couple of others decided they would do a late night race track (its open until 10) so I volunteered to be the photographer!

4a9f9b508c55257741fafbfbe19ad4fc.jpg

bf39dd5b53060b2331e221f0c561ea54.jpg

2b2bd31e75e933a9855c6b000d61dbe4.jpg

Back to the Brewhouse after but it was packed again.

It was a “silent disco” in the club so I made it an early night.

So day 9 was somewhat of a mirror of day 8 weather-wise. Outside was misty.

9d8607500fa45b83c0542003e3616b3d.jpg

9fc7bed84597477ce639db1da8fde537.jpg

And towards the end of the day we hit the edge of a pressure system and so will be bumpy conditions into Halifax tomorrow.

Today was supposed to be my “no alcohol” day and I held out only until 5PM! The afternoon Scavenger hunt was a fun hour or so to pass the time away! Even if my team did just miss out on being one of the last three teams in!

After pre-dinner drinks in the Atrium bar we had an easy lunch up in the Garden Cafe before heading to the Brewhouse.

The number of beers left on tap gas dwindled somewhat but they are hoping to restock with some Canadian brews when we dock tomorrow.

03713aadf9f6dcf5a31b66cdf1754f93.jpg