New Kids Sail Free

Ken...exactly...that's what I 'thought' I had read (and was surprised) so was curious on the price. Our older one just turned 13 but our younger one will be 9 when we sail so wondering the cost. But hvaing said that....the refundable cost is currently $1000 more than we had locked in a few weeks ago. We just switched to non-refundable for a good savings and even that is curretnly 800 more than our locked in price. So something tells me that we'll still be better off with our booking.

Thank you for posting!

I suspect that you are right about the pricing. Unbelievable how much that sailing has increased in 2 weeks.

I have tried pricing out two different cruises and noticed something. If you select 1 room, then the price per person would be lower than if you selected 2 rooms. It appears that if you select 1 room, then that would be the non-refundable fare. If you select 2 rooms, then that would be the refundable fare.

If that is the case, then you wouldn't have to go through the booking process to find out what the refundable and nonrefundable fares are.

The reason the price pp is lower in one room is because they are averaging the cost between more people. Since the lower prices are usually for the 3rd and 4th people, if you put everyone (say 4 people) in one room, it averages out lower per person than two per room at the full 1st and 2nd price.

I have to remind myself of this every time I put in different numbers of people per room.

I was pleasantly surprised when the last Wandering sale or whatever is was called actually allowed the OBC with the balcony discount, unless that was in error

You mean they didn't even reduce the balcony discount?

The exclusion dates always mess this one up for me. Kids can sail for free...anytime of the year that kids can't actually sail (if they are school age).

"Kids Sail for Free Offer” Free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4 nights or longer Europe, Bahamas, Bermuda, Hawaii, Canada, Coastal and Caribbean sailings departing between September 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019. The Kids Sail Free Bonus excludes sailings between 2/15/19 – 2/18/19, sailings between 3/16/19 – 3/30/19, sailings between 4/13/19 – 4/22/19, sailings between 11/17/18 – 11/23/18 and sailings between 12/17/18 – 1/1/1.

The exclusion dates always mess this one up for me. Kids can sail for free...anytime of the year that kids can't actually sail (if they are school age).

"Kids Sail for Free Offer” Free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4 nights or longer Europe, Bahamas, Bermuda, Hawaii, Canada, Coastal and Caribbean sailings departing between September 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019. The Kids Sail Free Bonus excludes sailings between 2/15/19 – 2/18/19, sailings between 3/16/19 – 3/30/19, sailings between 4/13/19 – 4/22/19, sailings between 11/17/18 – 11/23/18 and sailings between 12/17/18 – 1/1/1.

That's when they have the capacity to encourage the parents to bring the kids. No sense having a sale when kids are overrunning the ship at full price.

Don't forget that you are only able to qualify for the price drop if there are still staterooms left in the category you booked in when the price drop is announced.

So say you booked a JS and all the JS are sold out for the sailing. A price drop is announced; you won't be able to get the difference.

We have a Pano on Deck 12 on FOS in April 2019..fingers crossed there are still some left by 05/01 because there aren't that many to begin with!!

Don't forget that you are only able to qualify for the price drop if there are still staterooms left in the category you booked in when the price drop is announced.

So say you booked a JS and all the JS are sold out for the sailing. A price drop is announced; you won't be able to get the difference.

We have a Pano on Deck 12 on FOS in April 2019..fingers crossed there are still some left by 05/01 because there aren't that many to begin with!!

Even less with those new panoramic suites on deck 12, there are only 2 of them so getting a price drop is not too likely

We have had our Star Loft repriced twice now since booking and I grabbed the last one when I booked it. RC agent told me you can still re-price if the category is gone and it has held true so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for sharing this. I am surprised that the window actually includes our spring break next March. Now the question becomes whether or not I will actually save as when I booked in January it was 30%off all guests and now it is only 25%off. But I do have two kids under 12 so we'll see.

Is this a new thing? I’m booked in a pano room (1854) for next March on AOS, and have repriced it four times since I originally booked. The other cabin went months ago.

Is this a new thing? I’m booked in a pano room (1854) for next March on AOS, and have repriced it four times since I originally booked. The other cabin went months ago.

If there are no more cabins left in your category how do you know if it went down? Do you have to call them every time a new sale starts to check the price?

If there are no more cabins left in your category how do you know if it went down? Do you have to call them every time a new sale starts to check the price?

For myself, I track the prices of the categories close to my cabin. If those have dropped then I make a call. So for example, my next sailing in the Star Loft, I am currently tracking the GS and above prices. If those drop, I call.

Thanks. I see now. What a pain to have to enter all the info.

And wow..what is up with pricing? It went up $800 from last week for non-refundable and refundable is another $500 on top of that.

Of course the prices went up... then they'll offer kids sail free. I find their promos so fake. But in the end, you just need to look at the final amount and decide if you're ok with that price. Seems like the promos mean nothing.

My last price adjustment was in Jan and that price won’t be beat now, so I’m done adjusting. But I was tracking the JS suite pricing, if that went down I’d call. It was a pain but well worth it as I saved significantly.

Of course the prices went up... then they'll offer kids sail free. I find their promos so fake. But in the end, you just need to look at the final amount and decide if you're ok with that price. Seems like the promos mean nothing.

Yes totally. And just checked again and the non-refundable is now $1800 more than we locked in at :eek: What? Like you say, they are getting ready for kids sail free.