Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

The pictures were great everyone. Jacqui - glad you saw the wedding and saw the Mulroney boys stealing the show and not dropping the veil. I have to say that my new favourite Royal ( it used to be the Queen ) is now Charlotte.

calm seas - Shar

The pictures were great everyone. Jacqui - glad you saw the wedding and saw the Mulroney boys stealing the show and not dropping the veil. I have to say that my new favourite Royal ( it used to be the Queen ) is now Charlotte.

calm seas - Shar

LOL at your new favourite Royal Shar. Charlotte was a darling as were the boys :)

Kazu was very tempted by these flowers but she decided to wait since the next day was moving day and it would make life more complicated. LOL.

c514e6421f2564eb3cc5ac11196ff07a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And we were off to the Chateau de Balleroy.

This is not a typical tour by any means. It was created with the concurrence of our tour company.

02503aed3c0c6d14983125fe92601a33.jpg

This chateau is in the middle of a huge area of trees. One of the biggest in the area. They originally owned all the land and the chateau was right in the middle.

46982b11015a6451cdcbeae0fd14eab5.jpg

If you look way at the end of this picture, there is a pine tree.

The architect planned this so that it would align perfectly and the symmetry would be in place for the chateau and the town was planned along the same lines.

ab990af3126f84e718bdd183dd1acfa2.jpg

There are vines all along the side house which were stables and the miniature houses to make it appear as two. The vines are all rose vines. They were starting to bloom. It will be beautiful in a couple of weeks.

337537f6f22cb6afc21728306c7d67bf.jpg

No pictures are allowed inside of the chateau. so, I can't share. Suffice it to say I was shocked. I liked some rooms and thought others were grotesque/gaudy/whatever word you like.

It's the private home of the children of Malcom Forbes now so I respect their request for privacy. Not sure about some of the taste ;)

Back later to finish Cherbourg and we move to Dover, turnaround, room change and wedding day.

Just finished St. Peter's Port and what a lovely lovely spot.

I'll probably bore you all to death on it.

Glad you saw the wedding! What fun. It is always interesting to see inside the chateaux, they vary greatly. We have stayed in a few and some are very much family homes, some crumbling but always an experience.

Hope you have a chance to read the the Potatoe Peel and Guernsey literary society, I always enjoy reading books about where I Travel.

Glad you saw the wedding! What fun. It is always interesting to see inside the chateaux, they vary greatly. We have stayed in a few and some are very much family homes, some crumbling but always an experience.

Hope you have a chance to read the the Potatoe Peel and Guernsey literary society, I always enjoy reading books about where I Travel.

Thanks to JR42 on our roll call (Janet), she suggested I read the book on my previous TA. And I did. It was one of our book club seletions for our roll call ;)

Just a shot of some of the houses that are in the little town of the Balleroy Chateau. Very cute. We were in love.

238d01f8449537c097b8162418a6ab7c.jpg

And then we were off to the Abby of Cerisey. (Cerise is the word for cherries in French). This abby dates back centuries. Some of it was destroyed in medieval invasions and had to be rebuilt but it is a working abby for centuries and the area is beautiful.

0fbdb5d42304d07343ed521e044883e0.jpg

The area is so beautiful. Mallards in the water, donkeys and horses on the other side. Gorgeous.

And of course, the boys just had to have fun.

ec75b9c12fd65c030a38e37b54e2c69e.jpg