Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

I really liked the market - so clean! We had a crepe there. Made with buckwheat and plump with ham and cheese. The lady made them as we waited.

ec7e62ae8b2ffbab8d74d22b4f1d7eff.jpg

And the gorgeous fresh vegetables- I wanted to take some back to the ship. I've never seen such huge artichokes!

e96a3e9d54b174aa57a2459f5f1dba5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safe to say the weather is MUCH better where you are than here! Raining and if it is 10 I would be surprised. But the wedding weather looked beautiful as did both Kazu’s and Vict0riann’s photographs!

Those windows...those dishes...that food!

Thanks for all this terrific info. We got off the ship after the Grand Med.Africa the day you boarded. Question re the Block Party...is it just applicable to those on the Suite decks? Do you end up in the Neptune Lounge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jacqui, I came across this old post of yours from 2011 when you were looking forward to your first trip on the Prinsendam. That means we were on it before you as we were with Lairbear on the 2010 TOTW trip.

Thank you for posting all the great photos and your review. Sounds like you had mixed feelings on the ship herself? We're sailing on her for the first time in November and we are REALLY looking forward to it.

we know she's old and for us, that will be part of the charm :)

Thanks for all this terrific info. We got off the ship after the Grand Med.Africa the day you boarded. Question re the Block Party...is it just applicable to those on the Suite decks? Do you end up in the Neptune Lounge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the block party was on every deck.

For everyone. A chance to meet your next door neighbours. No Neptune Lounge involved for this.

We are now in Kingston-upon-Thames after an easy transfer from the ship. We enjoyed our visit to Quimper on Jacqui's bus, too. I have a couple of pictures to try to post, too. The cathedral was very interesting - I mainly looked at the windows. There was no rose window, but one I really liked was a gorgeous blue, and really all small pieces of stained glass, not painted, as so many are.

09d3cf4e7b98ad8bdebf072d67beb5bf.jpg

Another was so modern, it could have been designed by Gaudi.

1f0606a523eaf1098152847bb257571e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely pics Ann. We miss you and Pat.

We are in St. Peter Port - Guernsey.

Just waiting for our tour and I am snatching a tad of free wifi.

I will be back later with more catch up.

This is a tender port and I am happy to say that we were able to tender. This is a port that can be missed so we are off to a good start.

We are in St. Peter Port - Guernsey.

Just waiting for our tour and I am snatching a tad of free wifi.

I will be back later with more catch up.

This is a tender port and I am happy to say that we were able to tender. This is a port that can be missed so we are off to a good start.

This is why we were concerned about tendering:

6f38f2717c82b4f4a5f1725c710cefcf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know you are still catching up on posts and cruising (the most important to enjoy) but when you have time please fill us in on how the cabin exchange went. Smoothly I hope. And how did you fit it in and watching the wedding? Talk about a jam packed day!

Now this itinerary speaks to me! I always wanted to do something similar but I would have to include Scotland.

Enjoy

I know you are still catching up on posts and cruising (the most important to enjoy) but when you have time please fill us in on how the cabin exchange went. Smoothly I hope. And how did you fit it in and watching the wedding? Talk about a jam packed day!

Now this itinerary speaks to me! I always wanted to do something similar but I would have to include Scotland.

Enjoy

I will share shortly Gail.

It was quite the experience ;)

No problem to watch the wedding ;)

Here is the menu from our dinner in Quimper

d4e52711dc671d3d54e6ed01a06eb107.jpg

Sorry tapatalk was sputtering earlier. Here is the other part of dinner menu for our Quimper port evening.

af61a62b382b99896ddd94d11ec5ec54.jpg

For Cherbourg, I had two vans arranged with Normandy Sightseeing Day Tours. We were off on a different itinerary:

Bayeux, Chateau de Balleroy & Abby de Cerisey.

While we had seen the tapestry in Bayeux last time we were here When we did the D Day beaches, we hadn't gotten to the Cathedral or a chance to explore pretty Bayeux. So, those that had seen the tapestry would have free time and those that hadn't would get to view this wonderous work.

You can't miss the spire of the Cathedral when you arrive in Bayeux.

0574a770bf4317298f5befaffee34657.jpg