Lost passport help

victory2020

THANK YOU ALL - I DID IT! I had every intention of getting back to tell you the outcome earlier but it was crazy the 1st day, then no cell /internet service till today.

I got to passport office at 7:40 & only about 20 people in line. There were 2 employees giving instructions & paper work to everyone. I said to one that I didn't have appointment but here is my cruise ticket to say I needed to be on by 2pm. She was my angel & took me under her wing. She told where to get pix within walking distance, then guided me through the rest, telling me to go get something to eat & come back. Came back about 10:30 & the person at the window said no way it was ready. I went to see my angel & she told me to wait a few minutes. She had it by 11am.

For all that said it was stupid to leave passports - I AGREE! It was a string of circumstances that caused me to remove my pouch from around my neck, inside my jacket. I was being polite by waiting to put it back on as to not stick my elbow in my neighbors face. Then,OMG I forgot it. I remembered it within a half hour.

They did email me at 2;30 pm saying they found it. It was waiting for me at the airport when we got back.

Please, everyone - travel with a copy of your passport & 2 separate credit cards in 2 different places (yes, my credit card was in there too) That pretty much saved us.

I am so sorry that I didn't see this until now as I have a friend that works at that passport office and would have at least been able to get information for you.

I'll have to reach out to her and see if anyone came in trying to get a passport in an emergency.

Since we haven't heard from you and I watched the ship leave earlier, I assume you made it on. Truly hope you did.

That passport is in the Omni building in downtown Miami, near the port. You can take the Metromover to the Omni station and it's across the street. It's by the Hilton in downtown.

Lots of our CVS and Walgreens have the machines to take the passport pictures. The one here on Brickell Ave next to the JW Marriott does, that's where I got mine when we renewed.

Maybe your friend was my angel. I'm sure she would remember the frantic lady!

I got to passport office at 7:40 & only about 20 people in line. There were 2 employees giving instructions & paper work to everyone. I said to one that I didn't have appointment but here is my cruise ticket to say I needed to be on by 2pm. She was my angel & took me under her wing. She told where to get pix within walking distance, then guided me through the rest, telling me to go get something to eat & come back. Came back about 10:30 & the person at the window said no way it was ready. I went to see my angel & she told me to wait a few minutes. She had it by 11am.

I hope you got the name and employee ID of your angel. A nice polite latter of your positive experience would be in order here.

For all that said it was stupid to leave passports - I AGREE! It was a string of circumstances that caused me to remove my pouch from around my neck, inside my jacket. I was being polite by waiting to put it back on as to not stick my elbow in my neighbors face. Then, OMG I forgot it. I remembered it within a half hour.

Heh. The Toastmaster in me says that this is the stuff of a good, humorous speech.

Please tell us you had a fantastic cruise!

Please remember this angel when people tell you that government workers do not care and do not help. :D

BTW, I am a government worker who also works hard. :D

I hope you got the name and employee ID of your angel. A nice polite latter of your positive experience would be in order here.

Heh. The Toastmaster in me says that this is the stuff of a good' date=' humorous speech.

Please tell us you had a fantastic cruise![/quote']

The cruise was amazing! Probably the best of the 50 plus we've been on. I will write a letter to the supervisor in addition to paying it forward. I have to think this happened for a reason. Perhaps if we followed our original plans we would have had something worse happen to us.

I hope all the rude posters never have anything like this happen to them.