“Enhanced” O Club Amenities

Many of the loyalty programs have changed. Many of the once included items are now extra. On airlines, you earn points based on what you pay rather than distance flown. I am still happy when I get a deal on a long flight. Hotels require more points to get a free stay or an added feature. I loved it when I could book a hotel room that cost $1000/night for 15000 points. That same room now is 35000 points. It is still something for nothing. Brand loyalty is what the programs want to happen. Will the change drive guests away or will they still book? Bottom line is that the cruise line decides what the perks will be for the various loyalty levels. Just say thank you for something.

After Nov 1, 2019, shipboard credit for Silver tier has been reduced from $400 to $250.

We have just booked a 2020 cruise, and below are the new Silver amenities that our TA sent:

OCEANIA CLUB COMP INTERNET BENEFIT + 30% DISCOUNT 1, 2

OCEANIA CLUB COMPLIMENTARY GRATUITIES

OCEANIA CLUB SILVER LEVEL SHIPBOARD CREDIT PER SUITE $250.00

OCEANIA CLUB SILVER MEMBER CAP AND TOTE BAG

OCEANIA CLUB COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF WINE

Looks like the only difference between bronze and silver is the ppg and a little more obc.

Usually one can get ppg from a special or from their TA. For me i don’t care because it takes a lot of cruises to get those points and we like Oceania for all of the other good they offer. service, food, etc.

I do wish they would tier it differently though. I think people who sail in suites should get more points than people who sail in a balcony cabin and balcony should get more than ov and ov more than inside. That would make more sense to me.

I do wish they would tier it differently though. I think people who sail in suites should get more points than people who sail in a balcony cabin and balcony should get more than ov and ov more than inside. That would make more sense to me.

They already "tier it" in the most important way-

The "Free Cruise" is in the type of accomodation which the passenger normally books. :D

They already "tier it" in the most important way-

The "Free Cruise" is in the type of accomodation which the passenger normally books. :D

So what kind of free cruise do you get? A 7 day, 10, 14, 21?

I now have 93 days on Oceania, all CC and balcony and another 21 days booked and I still won’t be silver. How many thousands of $$$ do I spend to get a free cruise?

I just have to cruise Oceania for the love of it and forget about the points.

I now have 93 days on Oceania, all CC and balcony and another 21 days booked and I still won’t be silver. How many thousands of $$$ do I spend to get a free cruise?

You get 1 cruise up to 14 days. If you want to cruise longer then the fare is prorated.

You get 1 cruise up to 14 days. If you want to cruise longer then the fare is prorated.

Is this cruise anywhere in the world as some areas are more costly than others. Do you get O life included? Just curious because of how much money you spend to get to that free cruise. Of course I’ll never get to the free cruise level but interesting to know anyway.

It's your 20th cruise. You choose. I was surprised that several passengers chose a crossing (cheap) cruise for their free cruise. We worked very hard to keep a popular, port intensive as my free one.

Edited by sitraveler
Autocorrect

so why are you worried about what Suite pax get for the club points

Oceania does not count the number of days

You have to get 19 cruise credits how long it takes depends on the length of cruise you take for a credit

You could have a free cruise in as little as 133 days onboard ...depends on how you plan your cruises to get the credit

I have a lot of days onboard but still not Gold ...we planned for the itinerary not for the free cruise

Is this cruise anywhere in the world as some areas are more costly than others. Do you get O life included? Just curious because of how much money you spend to get to that free cruise. Of course I’ll never get to the free cruise level but interesting to know anyway.

You do not get Olife, but you get your Oceania club amenities. You also get the included air, but if you don't want to take the Oceania air you don't get a credit for it.

You have to pay the port fees and taxes.

If you were going to take those cruises anyway to get to that point does it really matter how much money you spent to get there? I evaluate each cruise on whether it's worth the money spent, not working toward the free one. Of course it's a nice bonus when you do get it. My free one has a value of around 15k, not a bad loyalty bonus IMO.

so why are you worried about what Suite pax get for the club points

Oceania does not count the number of days

You have to get 19 cruise credits how long it takes depends on the length of cruise you take for a credit

You could have a free cruise in as little as 133 days onboard ...depends on how you plan your cruises to get the credit

I have a lot of days onboard but still not Gold ...we planned for the itinerary not for the free cruise

Not worried at all just curious.