Carnival canceled my cruise for payment due....was paid in full

BEEZALAR

Wow.......they fixed it 36 hrs later, but fixed! The frustrating part was....carnival refunded me $59.60 on April 24 and then sent me an email saying they were cancelling the cruise because I owed $59.60 on my deposit. Like WTH! And the $1100 credit from my daughter was no where to be found. I sent them a copy of the credit confirmation ...thankfully I had that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So is this cruise 11 days out? If so were they able to book you back on it?

Ugg - why do folks always come here to post this sort of stuff as if they don't know the answer already ?

Just call Carnival - they will get it sorted out and give you the answer you need & deserve.

THIS!!!!

Not sure why people come here with problems and asking questions that only Carnival can answer and fix.

If you bothered to read the thread, you'd notice that the OP has spoken to Carnival. Regardless, this is a cruise forum for people to ask/answer questions, discuss cruise topics, vent their frustrations, etc. It's natural for someone to want to come talk about what happened. I think the real question is, why do you come here to put people down for the things they post? The "holier than thou" attitude is getting ridiculous on these boards.

I spent several hours on the phone and talked to different people. You want to talk about stress! Well geez people don't jump me for it. I just wanted to let ya know that carnival is screwed up! Hope none of you ever have 1100 $ disappear on you! And NO it is not fixed yet! Doesn't matter how many times or people I call.......I have to wait for them to figure out what the the hell they did.
Sorry to hear you're going through this, and even more sorry for you that they couldn't figure it out. As for the other thing, it's unfortunate that a handful of bad attitudes oftentimes seem like the loudest voices on these boards. Some people just can't help it, I guess it makes them feel better about themselves. Who knows.

Edited to add: Ah, I see they got it taken care of. Good to hear. :)

Edited by Organized Chaos

So is this cruise 11 days out? If so were they able to book you back on it?

No this one is next April....but the one in 9 days went and disappeared too.....my heart couldn't take anymore. But it is all fixed now.

By "fixed it" do you mean you're back to going on the cruise or are you just getting your money refunded?

Going, and fixed...I was most worried about losing our room ....as we were a crossed the hall from my daughter. But all is well...except for the years off my life from the heart failure

Going, and fixed...I was most worried about losing our room ....as we were a crossed the hall from my daughter. But all is well...except for the years off my life from the heart failure

Great news! Now relax and enjoy your cruise!

Wow.......they fixed it 36 hrs later, but fixed! The frustrating part was....carnival refunded me $59.60 on April 24 and then sent me an email saying they were cancelling the cruise because I owed $59.60 on my deposit. Like WTH! And the $1100 credit from my daughter was no where to be found. I sent them a copy of the credit confirmation ...thankfully I had that!

Last year I had a nightmare similar to yours with missing credit. It took LOTS of phone calls, LOTS of transfers to different people, and so much more patience than I knew I had. In the end, I was still short $150 credit. It didn’t matter what I showed them or what I said, there was no getting it back. :rolleyes:

Glad that you finally got everything resolved. Enjoy your cruise!!! :cool:

I appreciate people coming here to 1) state their issues, and 2) hopefully come back when the issues are resolved. I'm new to cruising (One 10 day cruise down and a 49 day S.A. cruise to go). I'm not sure if OP booked through a TA but there are a couple of current threads dealing with or have dealt with TA's accidentally canceling their cruise (anyone who works with or has worked with registration databases knows that is impossible without a person going in and canceling out multiple times), hmmm.

This OP's post lets me know that TA or direct booking it can happen. Cancelation, accidentally or not is no respecter of agencies cruise line or TA. Usually it was someone trying to self-train on live data, making a mistake, doesn't have authorization to fix it then tries to whistle in the dark while holding their hands, looking around with that look that says, "Who me, not I." Fear of being fired, or "read the riot act," keeps them from fessing up and getting stuff fixed. They usually try to block you from going further up the chain of command. If you do take it higher, they give management wrong information on what happens. This is usually successful if the manager knows nothing about the system. They system has a trail but someone has to take time to follow it to discover all the date stamps recording change and the initials of the culprit. Just saying ...

Ramona

Final payment for next April isn't even due yet. So I wonder why, even if you DID owe that $60, they'd cancel it? Or they cancelled your one in 9 days and took away your daughter's transferred credit from the April cruise but didn't cancel???? I didn't think we could use someone else's credit.

Why shouldnt they have a place here to post and let out their aggravation without people beating up on them.

Doesnt hurt to let others know it could happen to them too.

I like you and want to join your club. I barely post here much anymore due to the hostility. Its one reason I refuse to put up any reviews and I have near a dozen since my last review

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I like you and want to join your club. I barely post here much anymore due to the hostility. Its one reason I refuse to put up any reviews and I have near a dozen since my last review

Count me in as a member too:);):cool:

Final payment for next April isn't even due yet. So I wonder why, even if you DID owe that $60, they'd cancel it? Or they cancelled your one in 9 days and took away your daughter's transferred credit from the April cruise but didn't cancel???? I didn't think we could use someone else's credit.

My daughter had a cruise booked for last year with insurance and had to cancel do to very bad ptsd.....she witnessed a police shooting and caused an extreme case of insomnia. Over a year later still having problems. And yes she has been seeing a shrink and many doctors. Carnival was very understanding as her deadline to use her cruise credit was approaching ....she can't leave her house much and definite not overnight. So they transferred the credit to me and I paid the money back to her. Don't know if carnival would do this for just any situation but this was kinda extreme

I was kinda shocked at the negative responses ...I posted just to let people know about a problem ..I didn't expect anyone on here to solve it for me. I guess rude people are not just on cruises, they're on cruise critic too!

My daughter had a cruise booked for last year with insurance and had to cancel do to very bad ptsd.....she witnessed a police shooting and caused an extreme case of insomnia. Over a year later still having problems. And yes she has been seeing a shrink and many doctors. Carnival was very understanding as her deadline to use her cruise credit was approaching ....she can't leave her house much and definite not overnight. So they transferred the credit to me and I paid the money back to her. Don't know if carnival would do this for just any situation but this was kinda extreme

Oh and to clarify ....this daughter is not the one I'm going on the cruise with.....I have three lol

Oh My! That is extreme and I hope she gets to feeling like her normal self soon (as I can't imagine what she is going through!). It is nice to hear that Carnival worked with your daughter on this and was sympathetic!

I had a cruise booked (graduation cruise for my daughter!) and we had 19 people going. I always check my cruises for price drops and noticed that the room I booked was showing back up as available:o! Called my TA (who was on vacation in Mexico) and we did a three way call with Carnival to figure it out! I was seriously stressed as we had my daughters best friend and her family were right next door! It all worked out but stress levels were high (BUT not as high as yours!).

Thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear the stress you went through, but really glad to hear it got fixed. Shows a great reason why its important to keep confirmations and other emails.

Not understanding why this is not a simple 5 minutes fix from Carnival, and also wondering why your 9 day cruise would be impacted? Two different things. If paid in full there will be paperwork and transmissions to show payment and from what source on what date, so........

Oh My! That is extreme and I hope she gets to feeling like her normal self soon (as I can't imagine what she is going through!). It is nice to hear that Carnival worked with your daughter on this and was sympathetic!

I had a cruise booked (graduation cruise for my daughter!) and we had 19 people going. I always check my cruises for price drops and noticed that the room I booked was showing back up as available:o! Called my TA (who was on vacation in Mexico) and we did a three way call with Carnival to figure it out! I was seriously stressed as we had my daughters best friend and her family were right next door! It all worked out but stress levels were high (BUT not as high as yours!).

I

It's funny, my room was available last week too, I saw it while I'm checking for price drop. I called carnival and they fixed it with in a few minutes. Very nice lady that was helping me.

Thank you for sharing your story, and I am glad it worked out for you, albeit a bit slowly which would be nerve wracking. I guess it goes to show that these organizations do make mistakes, but if nothing else, it is good to know they do rectify them.

Glad everything worked out. It's like heart attack city, especially when I book a year in advance and plan everything. Thanks for the heads up because one person may be going on break or lunch and not follow through with their job.:hearteyes:

Another good reason to have a TA to fight for you when things get screwed up. You may "lose control" of your booking, but you have an advocate for you who is used to dealing with the various cruise lines.