Lost passport update

victory2020

Thanks to all the great advice we did it! wrote a detailed answer on the moved thread. I had copies of passports & I think that is why it was all possible (with the help of an angel at the passport office) Please make copies & take 2 different credit cards in separate places. FYI, passport agencies take all credit cards, no cash

So glad to hear that all worked out for you and you were able to enjoy your cruise.

As someone who has lost their passport while overseas my heart went out to you. I know that dreadful hollow feeling you get in your chest when you realise it is gone.

Thanks for getting back to CC to let us know what happened.

Happy to hear that it worked out as losing the passport when out of the country is a very serious problem. Pax need to always have a photocopy of their passport which expedites the process at the US Embassy/Consulate. They don't have to ask the State Department in DC to do a search but can rather provide the passport number and other data to verify the US citizen. Keeping at least one credit card and other government ID in the safe is also a great idea in case of loss of documents.

Happy it worked out for you...

In addition to color copies of our passports we also bring copies of our original passport applications. Hope we never need to use them.

As odd as this sounds, I had a friend who worked at the American Embassy in Rome. She indicated that having photocopies really doesn't help the situation. They can easily look this up.

Wow! Glad!

Were you going to Cuba on this cruise? How was the cruise?

Cruise was wonderful! My second time & I was bringing my husband this time. It's an amazing country. I always cruise Princess (which is why I posted here) & this ship was NCL Sky - FAR superior to any Princess ship we have been on. It's older but wider hallways, grander décor & service was impeccable!