Seach tool for number of at sea days?

kaymoz

Does anyone know of a cruise finder search tool that uses the number of AT SEA days?

We aren't big on them. We like the port intensive cruises. But it is really tedious to open each cruise listing to check the itinerary, only to find out that out of 7 days, three are at sea!

I know someone asked this question last year and while everyone agreed they wanted this feature, nobody knew of any tools including it at the time. BUT since online tools improve all the time, I thought I'd throw the question out again!

No tool I know of but with a little geography know how you could train yourself to better predict sea days?

Or choose routes know for little sea days (certain Med ones, Baltics from the continent, cruises that leave from central Caribbean ports rather than Florida)

Two things that may aid OP - know the habits of the lines and the itineraries. The upscale and luxury lines tend to have fewer sea days. They try to get passengers ashore instead of staying on the ship. As far as itineraries, when there is a long distance between embarkation and disembarkation and the ports, there tend to be more sea days.

We have also never spotted a data base that lets you search by sea days. But it is pretty easy to get a quick idea of the number of sea days by simply looking at the itinerary. In the Caribbean, southern itineraries that begin and end in San Juan will generally have no more than 1 sea day on a week (or longer) cruise. Cruises out of Florida ports to the Eastern or Western Caribbean will have fewer sea days then a cruise going to southern Caribbean ports (such as Aruba, Curacao, etc).

Many of the Med cruises out of Barcelona have very few sea days although there are plenty of exceptions. Obviously, cruises that involve trans-ocean voyages will always have a substantial number of sea days. The most we have had were 22 sea days on a 62 day cruise...and it was absolute heaven :). In fact, sometimes when we cruise we do not even bother getting off the ship in some ports..and simply treat it just like a sea day.

Hank

We have also never spotted a data base that lets you search by sea days. But it is pretty easy to get a quick idea of the number of sea days by simply looking at the itinerary. In the Caribbean, southern itineraries that begin and end in San Juan will generally have no more than 1 sea day on a week (or longer) cruise. Cruises out of Florida ports to the Eastern or Western Caribbean will have fewer sea days then a cruise going to southern Caribbean ports (such as Aruba, Curacao, etc).

Hank

Generally that is true but it is itinerary specific in that the Southern itineraries, for example, from San Juan to the ABC's will typically have 2 sea days on a 7 night cruise while the others that include St. Kitts, Antigua, Barbados, etc., are the ones usually with just 1. And longer cruises in that region, such as 9 & 10 nights, can have 3. The Eastern and Western 7 nights generally have 2, but all of this of course can vary by cruise line and would depend on the number of ports of call. :)

Hi

I know of no format that just indicates the number of sea days. A general knowledge of geography should give you a ball park of the number of sea days. However, tedious or not, opening each cruise listing is the only way to see where the ship actually goes which I feel is a main reason to choose an itinerary.

I agree that geography dictates sea days for some routes. (For example, it seems most European cruises sailing out of Southampton typically need a sea day to reach the next destination.)

But so often I see that one cruiseline will cover the same route as another but intersperse a sea day or two for every two or three port stops, while the other line will simply take the "port intensive" approach. After a while, I guess cruise customers get to know the itinerary style of the various lines.....

Years ago we went on an NCL cruise (we now do not like NCL at all!) out of San Juan. We had NO sea days. Look at cruises from there. You don't have to spend a day to get to many islands from there.

Does anyone know of a cruise finder search tool that uses the number of AT SEA days?

We aren't big on them. We like the port intensive cruises. But it is really tedious to open each cruise listing to check the itinerary, only to find out that out of 7 days, three are at sea!

I know someone asked this question last year and while everyone agreed they wanted this feature, nobody knew of any tools including it at the time. BUT since online tools improve all the time, I thought I'd throw the question out again!

https://clickclickcruise.com let's you do that. (Click "More")

BINGO< BABY < BINGO!!!

What a fantastic tool this is! While the sea days feature was the factor I originally was looking for, now I am totally in love with the incredible maps included in the where-to-visit dimension of this tool.

I am totally amazed! Thank you so much ABC.

BINGO< BABY < BINGO!!!

What a fantastic tool this is! While the sea days feature was the factor I originally was looking for, now I am totally in love with the incredible maps included in the where-to-visit dimension of this tool.

I am totally amazed! Thank you so much ABC.

You're welcome :)