Aboard new vessel, NCL CEO talks building on profits, serving multiple generations

cksv

"We're the fastest growing cruiseline of the major 3 publicly traded companies..." - FDR

He'd better look over his shoulder....there's a privately owned cruise line (MSC) that's coming for NCL's spot with 10 new ships in the next 8 years (not counting Seaside).

"We're the fastest growing cruiseline of the major 3 publicly traded companies..." - FDR

He'd better look over his shoulder....there's a privately owned cruise line (MSC) that's coming for NCL's spot with 10 new ships in the next 8 years (not counting Seaside).

NCL has a commitment to 5 new ships by 2025 and an option on two more ships as well.

I honestly don't see that happening. I mean, anything is possible, but I think NCL still has the advantage. JMO!

Agree been looking on their website and i'm feeling that Yacht Club deal, the price seems more attractive then Haven on NCL, maybe have to give it a try.

NCL has a commitment to 5 new ships by 2025 and an option on two more ships as well.

10 is more than 5 or 7. :p

Of those 10, 9 will be larger than NCL Bliss. IMO, after Project Leonardo is done, NCL should go for a 200K ton ship since by then, most of the major players will have at least 1 ship of that size.

Andy Stewart has hinted that NCL might go for something that large. Time will tell. As a "new ship" type of person, I look forward to any new ships and I don't care which company wins the competition as long as competition is good for the consumer (it is).

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I honestly don't see that happening. I mean, anything is possible, but I think NCL still has the advantage. JMO!
Agree been looking on their website and i'm feeling that Yacht Club deal, the price seems more attractive then Haven on NCL, maybe have to give it a try.

I don't care who "wins", either. As long as MSC continues to keep their prices lower than the competition in hopes of stealing passengers, it's better for me. :p

MSC's Yacht Club can be done for a family of 4 for around $4K for a week (Royal Suite was more). By next month, I'll know if it's just as good as (or better than) NCL's Haven.

MSC's Yacht Club can be done for a family of 4 for around $4K for a week (Royal Suite was more). By next month, I'll know if it's just as good as (or better than) NCL's Haven.

Awesome price. My only concern is the quality of food and service. I shall eagerly await your review. :)

Awesome price. My only concern is the quality of food and service. I shall eagerly await your review. :)
I was getting excited about MSC cruises because of the size of the ships they we're building stepping up to the big game but I haven't heard a good thing about them in a long time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was getting excited about MSC cruises because of the size of the ships they we're building stepping up to the big game but I haven't heard a good thing about them in a long time.

I have thought of booking several times over the past year, but I always stop myself for that reason.

Especially if he's on the dock when the Armonia is coming in.

I have thought of booking several times over the past year, but I always stop myself for that reason.
Exactly, I wouldn't with what I see and read.

I think the Leo ships are going to be smaller than the other new ships coming out from Carnival/Royal, etc. but I think they're doing that on purpose so as to be able to visit certain ports where a huge ship wouldn't fit or would require tenders.

Nonetheless, I totally agree and think NCL should join the 200k party - perhaps their own spin of a Leo/Oasis class combo of some sort? who knows...

They have a pic of a quantum class ship at the beginning.

I don‘t like del Rio. Yes, he want to make high prices But we have to pay it. Nclh needs a cheaper ceo, then they don‘t Need such high prices.