Review of Maasdam cruise to Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas, 25 March – 22 April, 2018

Fantastic amount of Maasdam information, thank you.

Good to see the enlarged book exchange area.

Surprised to see that HAL continues to advertise the 13 day New Zealand Panorama cruise showing Waitangi Bay of Islands. Last December we discussed that error with the Future Cruise Consultant, who contacted HAL to confirm that Maasdam will visit Waitangi Chatham Islands in December this year, not Waitangi Bay of Islands.

(Have not seen the other thread to which you refer, maybe it's the same error?)

I really appreciate your posts.

I am booked on a RT to Hawaii out of San Diego, and I wondered what activities HAL would offer on the 8+ sea days. It certainly seems as if they try to offer a variety of activities.

Fantastic amount of Maasdam information, thank you.

Good to see the enlarged book exchange area.

Surprised to see that HAL continues to advertise the 13 day New Zealand Panorama cruise showing Waitangi Bay of Islands. Last December we discussed that error with the Future Cruise Consultant, who contacted HAL to confirm that Maasdam will visit Waitangi Chatham Islands in December this year, not Waitangi Bay of Islands.

(Have not seen the other thread to which you refer, maybe it's the same error?)

Not the same but a similar error. Alphen posted on that other thread (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523262) "... the Maasdam 8 Dec sailing has changed for some time now, to visit the Waitingi Chatham Islands to the far East of New Zealand, instead of Waitangi Bay of Islands ..."

Dave

Thanks for posting the Daily Programs. Maybe I should print them out to plan for our 28 day South Pacific cruise in March 2019 :D.

Did you attend any of the lectures? Charlie & Sadie were on our South Pacific cruises in 2010 & 2015. They were very good!

WOW!! What a fantastic review! Thank you. I will be joining others, who have commented here, on the March 9, 2019 cruise on the Eurodam. As a first time HAL cruiser and only my 3rd cruise ever, the information you provided is so helpful. I am now more excited for embarkation day. Thank again, Cris

forgot to mention that it was very strange having "muster drill" outside. Couldn't hear anything and it was awful just standing 6 deep for almost 45 min. I didn't think any cruise lines did it outside anymore.

I sure mentioned that in my survey, any first timers wouldn't have known what to do because you couldn't hear anything!!!