Luggage service

What has been your experience with the luggage delivery service that takes your luggage off the ship for you and sends it to your final destination. Has anyone used this with a small regional airport as your final leg?

I've used it several times without incident but never to a small regional airport. Availability is usually tied to ship/debarkation port/airline. The size of the airport shouldn't matter as long as you're on the flight. It's the best perk you'll ever use, IMHO.

What has been your experience with the luggage delivery service that takes your luggage off the ship for you and sends it to your final destination. Has anyone used this with a small regional airport as your final leg?

The service is airline specific not airport. If your qualifying airline flies there, I would think the airport would not matter.

Gregg

The service ends when they check-in your luggage at your departure airport. Getting the luggage to the final destination is up to the airlines.

Have used luggage valet program many times. Never had a problem. Consider it a great service.

I normally fly Delta and occasionally American.

The airline is responsible for getting your bag to your final destination airport. I fly into Green Bay, which is considered a small regional airport. Always have to change planes, primarily in Minneapolis, Detroit or Chicago - never made a difference. It's your final destination that luggage valet delivers to - no different than any other connection - airline doesn't differentiate between the size of the airport.

We used the program and were extremely pleased with the service. Our last cruise was a 5 day charter and they did not offer the Luggage Valet service for a 5 day cruise.

Miami Airport - flights must depart between 11:30am and 1159pm the day of ship's arrival. American Airlines, Delta Airlines (domestic flights only) and United Airlines are the carriers that are serviced.

FLL Airport - American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Delta Airlines (domestic only), Jet Blue Airways, United Airlines and Southwest Airlines. Must depart from FLL between 2pm and 11:59 pm day of ship's arrival.

A fee of $25 per guest and any applicable airline luggage fees will be charged to your on board account. Program is complimentary to Pinnacle and Suite guests.

The last day of the cruise you will receive your boarding pass and luggage valet tags.

We went to Guest Relations and requested a form to enroll in the program. You need to enroll by I believe it is Day 5 of the cruise.

We used it on our recent cruise on Harmony out of Port Everglades. We flew out of FLL at 1215 and our final destination was Little Rock AR. But as previously stated, the service only gets your luggage to the departure airport. The airline takes it from there just like you checked them yourself.

It was super easy and we would use it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add to the above comments : Your connecting flights do not have to be on a participating airline as long as it's on the same reservation. and there is a deadline to register normally they announce the program on the dailies.

My traveling companion and I used Luggage Valet for our chartered Harmony cruise in Jan through Port Everglades mainly because we both had late afternoon flights and this was a way of getting rid of the luggage so we could go into Fort Lauderdale to kill time before heading to FLL. This was the fourth time I've used the service and as others have said it is well worth the rather nominal cost

If flying Southwest and you disembark in Miami and fly out of Fort Lauderdale, your flight time must be after 2:00. But, if flying out on Southwest and disembarking out of Fort Lauderdale, flight has to be after 11:30. Have done it MANY times - no problem - love it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Do you have to book your flight through RCI to be able to use this service?

No, Luggage Valet is available to anyone whose flight times, airline, airport, arrival port, and cruise length fit the criteria.

We've used it whenever possible and have really liked the service.

We've also used LUGGAGE FORWARD to have bags picked up from our home and delivered directly to the ship on the day of departure or to hotels. Not cheap but in some cases saved us a lot of trouble.

bosco