Tier benefits

Cozmic206

I just read the tier benefits. Bronze level says a bottle of champagne per stateroom. Is this true? Do you have to sail at least 1 cruise with NCL to receive benefits or will they give you this on your first cruise with them?

I just read the tier benefits. Bronze level says a bottle of champagne per stateroom. Is this true? Do you have to sail at least 1 cruise with NCL to receive benefits or will they give you this on your first cruise with them?

Reward points are awarded at the end of a cruise.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

It's Sparkling Wine, not Champagne and trust me...it's nothing to get excited about. ;p

You are only Bronze when you return to NCL for your second cruise. Latitudes points are awarded after you complete a cruise, so during your first cruise, you have 0 points (which is not enough for Bronze).

You will not receive the sparkling wine on your first cruise. But if you ask around I'm pretty sure you can find someone who will give you theirs.

About the only thing that "champagne" is good for is to get some orange juice and make Mimosas.

Latitudes is a loyalty rewards program. You "earn"points. You just aren't there yet. After one cruise you can enjoy a complementary bottle of mediocre sparkling wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About the only thing that "champagne" is good for is to get some orange juice and make Mimosas.

We had a great time on my last cruise taking the bottle of sparkling wine to the main dining room for breakfast and asking the server to make us mimosas with the bubbly. We had too much sparkling wine for our table alone, so we started offering mimosas to people at the nearby tables that we had spoken to. We made a lot of friends that morning. :D

P.S. We made sure the server got a nice tip!

You will not receive the sparkling wine on your first cruise. But if you ask around I'm pretty sure you can find someone who will give you theirs.

We always just leave ours behind for the next guests (crew are not allowed to take abandoned bottles). Sometimes 2 or 3 bottles.

We always just leave ours behind for the next guests (crew are not allowed to take abandoned bottles). Sometimes 2 or 3 bottles.

The bottles will not be given to the next guests in your stateroom. They will be recycled back into the existing inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We take our free bottle out with us. We walk around and when we see somebody with the yellow/orange/brown cruise card (aka NCL Newbie) we give the bottle to them. They get surprised with our gesture .... but wait until ..... :cool::halo::confused:

Latitudes is a loyalty rewards program.

You "earn"points. You just aren't there yet.

After one cruise you can enjoy a complementary bottle of mediocre sparkling wine.

WE call it, a bottle of "bubbly".:p

We save/give it to/for an appreciative new NCL acquaintance.

We are 27 points away from Platinum Plus however,

after our next NCL Bliss cruise in November,

looking forward to a Celebrity Edge B2B - January/February 2019

Tier Cruise Points:

Bronze1 - 29

Silver30 - 54

Gold55 - 79

Platinum80 - 174

Platinum Plus175 - 699

Ambassador700+

Edited by $hip$hape

WE call it, a bottle of "bubbly".:p

We save/give it to/for an appreciative new NCL acquaintance.

We are 27 points away from Platinum Plus however,

after our next NCL Bliss cruise in November,

looking forward to a Celebrity Edge B2B - January/February 2019

Tier Cruise Points:

Bronze1 - 29

Silver30 - 54

Gold55 - 79

Platinum80 - 174

Platinum Plus175 - 699

Ambassador700+

enhance

We take our free bottle out with us. We walk around and when we see somebody with the yellow/orange/brown cruise card (aka NCL Newbie) we give the bottle to them. They get surprised with our gesture .... but wait until ..... :cool::halo::confused:

unlike other cruise lines, Norwegian cruise card color is completely random. the color on the card does not mean anything. I have received cruise cards in various colors. Teal, Blue, Yellow, etc, etc

unlike other cruise lines, Norwegian cruise card color is completely random. the color on the card does not mean anything. I have received cruise cards in various colors. Teal, Blue, Yellow, etc, etc

This is not exactly true. Haven And suite cards are different colors and recognizable.

Not strictly true. The Yellow/Brown cards have the words Welcome to Norwegian Cruise Lines or something very similar. The Teal/Greeny Blue cards have Welcome BACK to Norwegian Cruise Lines on them. I think the Purple cards are for Haven/Suites etc.

Not strictly true. The Yellow/Brown cards have the words Welcome to Norwegian Cruise Lines or something very similar. The Teal/Greeny Blue cards have Welcome BACK to Norwegian Cruise Lines on them. I think the Purple cards are for Haven/Suites etc.

Correct.

We also make sure the card is missing the Latitude line. ;p

Not anymore. We used to have random coloured card, but they stopped that a few years ago. Now it's about 3-4.

I either use it for mimosas or wait until I'm drunk enough to not care about the taste or quality!