Radiance Cabin 9076

I currently have a deck 8 OV balcony pretty far aft which I know means we have to walk to the mid-ship elevators/stairs since the aft stairs are crew-only.

If I were able to upgrade to 9076 for free, a spacious OV on the edge of the hump with a slightly larger but funky shaped balcony close to the stairs/elevators, it would seem like a no-brainer. I've found a couple posts about this cabin on Randiance and/or sister ships and people seem to really like it. My only concern is not being able to look back along the ship due to the hump being in the way, and I only care b/c this is our first Alaska cruise (and possibly last for a while). It's actually DW that would care, I think it's a no-brainer.

Any reason not to pull the trigger if able? Any feedback on that particular cabin in general?

Good pick, little loss of view if looking down and back along side of ship. Also cabin is on library side of foyer instead of stairway side. Have you looked at changing your cabin to a different one in same category, you can change cabins or decks as long as you stay in your category without charge. Radiance is a beautiful ship.

Good pick, little loss of view if looking down and back along side of ship. Also cabin is on library side of foyer instead of stairway side. Have you looked at changing your cabin to a different one in same category, you can change cabins or decks as long as you stay in your category without charge. Radiance is a beautiful ship.

Thanks. DW wants to be on Port side since we're going Southbound and all the other available balconies I see online are Starboard. We're perfectly content with what we have now. The walk isn't a huge deal to us but if I can upgrade for free to a slightly bigger room, bigger balcony, better location, I'll obviously take it.

Your choice to go into #9076 is a great one....location is perfect for my favorite Radiance in Alaska. I also love the portside even for the Northbound...that actually makes little difference on this inside itinerary I think you'll soon discover. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks. DW wants to be on Port side since we're going Southbound and all the other available balconies I see online are Starboard. We're perfectly content with what we have now. The walk isn't a huge deal to us but if I can upgrade for free to a slightly bigger room, bigger balcony, better location, I'll obviously take it.

That is a nice cabin, but there can be noise from the Centrum area. If they close the firedoors, that helps. but I will never book a hump cabin on a Radiance class ship again. We had one on Brilliance and the music in the Centrum went until close to midnight each night. We are sticking with aft, which can have its own issues.;p:D

That is a nice cabin, but there can be noise from the Centrum area. If they close the firedoors, that helps. but I will never book a hump cabin on a Radiance class ship again. We had one on Brilliance and the music in the Centrum went until close to midnight each night. We are sticking with aft, which can have its own issues.;p:D

Yeah, for every post I've read about Centrum noise I've read one that says no problem with noise whatsoever. It may not be even be an option to switch, just figured I'd gather some opinions. Thanks for yours.

The Radiance doing the Alaska itinerary may be a bit different...late night noise from the Centrum every night usually isn't an issue.

Yeah, for every post I've read about Centrum noise I've read one that says no problem with noise whatsoever. It may not be even be an option to switch, just figured I'd gather some opinions. Thanks for yours.

Hopefully, the prices will still be low for you once the GGG sale is over and you can make your decision. Our sailing was on the GGG sale for weeks, with the prices staying down for the available categories, so there is hope.:)

We leave Saturday for our DIY portion prior to our cruisetour on Monday. Will report back with answers to your DL and night time dress sometime after the 25th when we have either cell service or wifi.

Hopefully, the prices will still be low for you once the GGG sale is over and you can make your decision. Our sailing was on the GGG sale for weeks, with the prices staying down for the available categories, so there is hope.:)

We leave Saturday for our DIY portion prior to our cruisetour on Monday. Will report back with answers to your DL and night time dress sometime after the 25th when we have either cell service or wifi.

Thanks and thanks! Looking forward to anything and everything you and others have to share from the first couple Alaska cruises of the season. I know another poster is on the first Radiance cruise this Friday and offered to share lots of info. Getting some current trip reports, menus, compasses, etc. right before we leave will be most helpful! I almost feel like a cruise newbie even though I'm DIamond and this will be my 9th RCI cruise since they have all been in the Caribbean on Voyager class and larger, save one short Bahamas trip on Enchantment. Have a great trip!

Thanks and thanks! Looking forward to anything and everything you and others have to share from the first couple Alaska cruises of the season. I know another poster is on the first Radiance cruise this Friday and offered to share lots of info. Getting some current trip reports, menus, compasses, etc. right before we leave will be most helpful! I almost feel like a cruise newbie even though I'm DIamond and this will be my 9th RCI cruise since they have all been in the Caribbean on Voyager class and larger, save one short Bahamas trip on Enchantment. Have a great trip!

Thanks! Planning for this cruise has been different. We have been looking at the weather reports to get an idea of what we need and it is all over the place. There is a review going in the Celebrity forum from someone doing a B2B. They had 60's in Ketchikan but then I saw a weather report of snow in Seward today.:eek: We are bringing everything from shorts to gloves and scarves, so we should be fine. Let us know if you book the new cabin!

Thanks! Planning for this cruise has been different. We have been looking at the weather reports to get an idea of what we need and it is all over the place. There is a review going in the Celebrity forum from someone doing a B2B. They had 60's in Ketchikan but then I saw a weather report of snow in Seward today.:eek: We are bringing everything from shorts to gloves and scarves, so we should be fine. Let us know if you book the new cabin!

I'm so loyal to Royal I never even thought to look at another cruise line's forum, even one owned by RCI. I'll check it out. And I'll update this thread if we do switch cabins.

I don't mind if it's on the cold side (we're originally from Philly), I'm just hoping to avoid the rain... not even considering snow, lol.

Hi, again. The best dress rule for Alaska is layer, layer, layer. We went twice in July and had beautiful sunny warm days and cold days.

John and I are going on Radiance in September for my "BIG" birthday from Vancouver to Honolulu! An aft cabin 1102 opened up, and I decided it was "meant to be!" Can't wait! Just booked it this week and booked hotel and flights today....still need to get hotel for Honolulu and figure out excursions.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Kay

Hi, again. The best dress rule for Alaska is layer, layer, layer. We went twice in July and had beautiful sunny warm days and cold days.

John and I are going on Radiance in September for my "BIG" birthday from Vancouver to Honolulu! An aft cabin 1102 opened up, and I decided it was "meant to be!" Can't wait! Just booked it this week and booked hotel and flights today....still need to get hotel for Honolulu and figure out excursions.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Kay

Thanks, Kay. This is our 30th anniversary cruise, so we booked 1100 on day 1 when this itinerary was released. We agree with the layering, we have waterproof outer layers with lots of choices for underneath, so we should be good. Just hoping that we will need the shorts.;p

That sounds like a great birthday cruise! Have fun with the planning.:)

Thanks, Kay. This is our 30th anniversary cruise, so we booked 1100 on day 1 when this itinerary was released. We agree with the layering, we have waterproof outer layers with lots of choices for underneath, so we should be good. Just hoping that we will need the shorts.;p

That sounds like a great birthday cruise! Have fun with the planning.:)

Congratulations on your 30th & on getting 1100!

I don't think we wore shorts at all that cruise. We wore jeans with sweaters and cotton lined nylon pants and jackets most days. We did get down to t shirts one day! We purchased hats, gloves and sweatshirts in Alaska! Best shore excursion we've ever done was white water rafting in Valdez!:D

OCSC Mike, I was in the same dilemma with cabin 9076, we are currently in the center hump starboard side, and were considering changing for the portside view to 9076. What kept me from moving is I like to be able to see aft and watch for the porpoises that sometimes ride in the wake. I think your current cabin will be less restrictive with your views as you will not have to see around the hump to look backwards and you will still be able to see forward even if the hump is slightly in your view, you will have a wonderful time. This is my 5th trip to Alaska and will be 4th on the Radiance. I have done both port and starboard side and loved both as land is on both sides most of the trip. :)

NEWLKAT, thanks for the input. Since the price didn't cooperate, the issue is moot for now. Given all your Alaska/Radiance experience, when do you plan to hold an info session for the rest of us on our sailing? ;p

We'll be in Denali from the 14th through the morning of the 17th before heading down to Girdwood for a couple days (after a short overnight in Anchorage) and then Seward for a couple days before boarding the ship.

OCSC Mike, you and I are evidently on the same cruise departing on Jun 22. We are arriving June 16 then going to Denali from Jun 17-19, we will be staying overnight in Anchorage then on June 20 taking the Alaska Railroad to Seward for a couple of days prior to departure. :)

Edited by NEWLKAT

OCSC Mike, you and I are evidently on the same cruise departing on Jun 22. We are arriving June 16 then going to Denali from Jun 17-19, we will be staying overnight in Anchorage then on June 20 taking the Alaska Railroad to Seward for a couple of days prior to departure. :)

Yes, that's why I asked for the info session, I recognized your handle from the roll call thread (pretty quiet in there). :)

We're taking the train from Girdwood to Seward on the 20th. So at the very least we'll be in Seward at the same time. We're staying at the Seward Windsong Lodge for those two nights, going to the SeaLife Center on the 20th b/c my wife is obsessed with Puffins and doing a 9-hour Kenai Fjord Tour the day before the cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Kay

My husband and I are going on the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise in September also. We will be in cabin 1100 so we will be neighbors!

Linda

My husband and I are going on the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise in September also. We will be in cabin 1100 so we will be neighbors!

Linda

That's wonderful! We look forward to meeting y'all! Can't believe how "quiet" the roll call is. I'm trying to get it going, but I think many are conversing on Facebook instead of cc.

That's wonderful! We look forward to meeting y'all! Can't believe how "quiet" the roll call is. I'm trying to get it going, but I think many are conversing on Facebook instead of cc.

We look forward to meeting you as well. We are Linda and George from Springfield, Mo. I haven’t even looked for a Facebook page.

OCSC Mike, we are also going to the Sea Life Center on June 20, it always an enjoyable visit it does not take to long to go through and you can go into the atrium with the birds, we may also depending on time and weather take a shuttle out to Exit Glacier (we are not renting a car here). We are doing the 7.5 hour tour with Major Marine the day before the cruise. I have rented a vrbo property in town four our 2 days. I also have tons of pictures from our previous trips/excursions on FB if anyone wants to check them out. I am also more than happy to answer any questions.. I am no expert but can tell you what I know or have experience with excursion wise. We have always travelled in June....so far :)

1. take layers, even 1 pair of shorts it can get warm inland on occasion, we almost roasted in Talkeetna 1 year it was 75 degrees but felt like 85 LOL. and not every lodging has AC. Also make sure you either have a rain proof jacket or pancho handy, and waterproof your shoes if they are not already.

2. bring binoculars - they come in handy with spotting wildlife. We saw everything but the elusive wolf in Denali.

3. make sure you have enough batteries or rechargeable batteries and memory for your cameras.

4. The seas the first and last day on the north/southbound trips can be rough in the open water, if you are prone to motion sickness make sure you are prepared.

5. If you need it dark to sleep, an eye mask may also come in handy especially in June when the sun may not set till after 11pm or later, sometimes hotel curtains do not block all the light. We take clothes line clips or big clips to help shut the curtains, and also to weigh down the shower curtains on the ship (they tend to get really friendly some times when showering).

Edited by NEWLKAT

Thanks for the tips. I just read them to my wife and she was happy that she already has your entire list checked off (and fortunately neither of us have issues with motion sickness but that could have been helpful as I'd not seen that mentioned before).

You're an expert in my book. Sounds like my wife picked out the right activities in Seward. We already made dinner plans based on recommendations/locations but do you have any casual Seward restaurant recommendations? We're laid back, not looking for 5-star meals.

Did you notice the SeaLife Center is celebrating their 20th anniversary with some sort of promo on the 20th of every month? They post each month's promo on their website on the first. I stumbled across it when checking out what they had to offer.