Current Cruisers - Any news on what's currently included (added to) Premium package ?

chamima

Good grief. Those prices have me seriously considering opening my bottle of Auchroisk 24yo 1991 and having a wee dram to calm me down:)

I have a feeling that we will see price increases on board. I can see X wanting to persuade people to upgrade from their classic package which seems to be almost always taken as a perk these days by having less options available under the classic package which still has the $9 limit and thus moving people to taking the upgrade. If there were no price rises then the temptation would be to just pay the difference per drink and a smaller difference is likely to be acceptable but if you have to pay $5-6 per upgraded drink the premium package looks very attractive.

The intensity of my thought processes around what Celebrity may or may not do has now convinced me that the bottle will need to be opened - after all the sun is over the yardarm here and has been for a considerable amount of time.:)

j - I can be there in a fort night to join you if there is any Auchroisk 24yo 1991 still be had! LOL

Enjoy and bon voyage

j - I can be there in a fort night to join you if there is any Auchroisk 24yo 1991 still be had! LOL

Enjoy and bon voyage

I did open it and it was a sublime experience. I think it will be drunk sparingly. If we ever end up on a cruise together I will bring it along as a pre-boarding treat for the both of us:)

The Lagavulin 16 was $5 over the $13 limit of the Premium package this last February at the World Class Bar. My husband had it several times.

It will be interesting to see if it will now be $3 over or if they'll just raise the price so it's still $5 over.

I just spoke to my husband and he remembers the Lagavulin being more like $12 over the limit. (Which would make it $25/shot):eek:

I tried to find our final bill (I usually keep everything) but can't find it so I can't confirm or deny which of us is correct.

Jagoffee suggested I check the price of Dalwhinnie. I asked at one bar last night and then again at Cellar Masters this evening. Both answers were the same -- there is no Dalwhinnie on the Infinity at this time. This evening at Cellar Masters the bar tender was not busy so we had more of a discussion, and he said that since they are not having a scotch tasting on this cruise (according to him this is because while this is a ten day cruise we have only two sea days) they have no Dalwhinnie.

But I have checked the package lists, and Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Laphroig (sp?) are on the Premium list.

Jagoffee suggested I check the price of Dalwhinnie. I asked at one bar last night and then again at Cellar Masters this evening. Both answers were the same -- there is no Dalwhinnie on the Infinity at this time. This evening at Cellar Masters the bar tender was not busy so we had more of a discussion, and he said that since they are not having a scotch tasting on this cruise (according to him this is because while this is a ten day cruise we have only two sea days) they have no Dalwhinnie.

But I have checked the package lists, and Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Laphroig (sp?) are on the Premium list.

Thank you for checking. I found the Dalwhinnie at the Ensemble Bar on the Eclipse in January. As you said it varies by ship and/or cruise.

Is Celebrity using the $15 (without gratuity) for the Premium limit on your cruise?

Thank you for checking. I found the Dalwhinnie at the Ensemble Bar on the Eclipse in January. As you said it varies by ship and/or cruise.

Is Celebrity using the $15 (without gratuity) for the Premium limit on your cruise?

We left the Infinity this morning, but I remembered to ask last night during dinner at Sushi on Five. On our cruise, with all ports in North America, the premium limit was $13 (without gratuity). So it appears the package price has increased, but the top limit of the premium drinks has not.

We left the Infinity this morning, but I remembered to ask last night during dinner at Sushi on Five. On our cruise, with all ports in North America, the premium limit was $13 (without gratuity). So it appears the package price has increased, but the top limit of the premium drinks has not.

Interesting. Thanks.

The Lagavulin 16 was $5 over the $13 limit of the Premium package this last February at the World Class Bar. My husband had it several times.

It will be interesting to see if it will now be $3 over or if they'll just raise the price so it's still $5 over.

The Lagavulin 16 was also a $5 upcharge (+18% grat) at WCB on our 5/4 Equinox cruise. I think that was the last cruise before the Premium Package price increase (and increased included drink price limit). Lagavulin was listed as included in the Premium Package from the last list I saw dated 3/6/18 but seems the list of what’s included in which package is currently in a state of flux.

Will be interesting to see how the new max drink price and what’s included or not plays out in the next few weeks/months!

Anyone on a cruise now or since the price change who could find us a list of included brands for premium would be a real doll face and I'd really appreciate it!!!! I'd like to start thinking about what sounds good since we depart 6 short little days!!!

Thanks Angela

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There have been a few posts in a different thread that indicate the onboard price for the Premium is still $65 plus 18% and the upgrade $10 plus 18% and no easily observed drink price increases.

I don’t intend to sound like a cynical conspiracy theorist or as Jagoffee once said “one of those people” but it could be ships are having to return to port before any price changes can be made. Trying to do this mid-cruise would be tough to do with changes in the POS software and current printed materials. It would also likely create some unpleasant conversations on the ship.

Again, I hope we don’t see any significant changes in the price per drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time that I had the premium package the gratuity was included. From reading some of these posts it sounds like they are now adding 18% for each drink on top of the package. Is this the way it now works or is it still like it used to be with the gratuity added when the package is purchased?

I just clicked the link I had bookmarked for the beverage package and now it shows the premium at more then $80 per day and the classic at $64 per day?

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

Hi,

The prices quoted include 18% gratuity. So apart from the increase in cost of premium package there is no change to the upper limits .

Jim

Where are you seeing $15. I checked my cruise planner and it still says $13.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So did mine a couple of days ago but the general information does state $15 .

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Even IF the limit went up to $15 - does anyone remember any drinks other than one or two wines and two drinks at the World Class Bar costing $14 or $15 dollars. I think $13 covered almost everything on the ship so that $5/day price increase for the Premium is meaningless as far as getting an extra benefit from it. :(:confused: