Brilliance of the Seas Dry Dock

Has anyone sailed on Brilliance of the Seas since her Dry Dock in April 2018? If so, what, if any, upgrades, improvements, etc., have been made to the public venues and/or staterooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From Royal Caribbean blog dot com:

"Brilliance of the Seas will undergo a dry dock for maintenance work in the second quarter of 2018.

There are no sailings scheduled between Friday April 20, 2018 and Tuesday, May 1, 2018.

No word on what work will be done, but it is expected to be mostly a maintenance effort to keep the ship running in great condition."

Also Bob answered a similar question here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2586832

Carpet... lots and lots of new carpet. The smell of new carpet was very prevalent. I can't speak for all rooms, but 1600 had new furnishings that included carpet, furntiure, lamps, table, pictures etc.

Having said this, several we sailedwith said there room was not redone.

:)Thank you for the update, reference your recent cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. Your first hand experience/ knowledge as to what was replaced/refurbished is encouraging.

We were on the Baltic cruise - the first after the drydocking. Seems to me that all the chairs in the MDR were new. Previous photos show dark upholstery, now they are all white.

Yes, this is correct. The entire MDR was renewed. Chairs and carpet there too. Now that I think about itfurther, on deck 4 in the centrum, allchairs were new as well.

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of a quick getaway with my husband on the Brilliance of the Seas... We just got off of the Mariner of the Sea's which was great. We just want a 4 night getaway and the Brilliance price and Itinerary looked the best. It has 2 sea days with one stop to Cozumel which is perfect for us. My question is Rita Cantina still on Brilliance of the Sea?

Also, please tell me your thoughts on this ship.. We do not care about the shows and activities really, we are just looking for some relaxing, and views. This ship looks like it fits the bill.

... Also, please tell me your thoughts on this ship.. We do not care about the shows and activities really, we are just looking for some relaxing, and views. This ship looks like it fits the bill.

Beautiful ship with an excellent crew, I wish we had future some cruises booked on her.

We sailed over on brilliance of the seas April 5th, 2018 from Tampa to Amsterdam, BEFORE dry dock, are are returning from Amsterdam to Tampa on Sept 1st, we just noticed that she is “missing” Aug 8th until Aug 20th, anyone heard of another dry dock? When we were last voyage before dry dock She was in need of a lot of upgrades. We love the ship, she just needs some TLC.

We sailed over on brilliance of the seas April 5th, 2018 from Tampa to Amsterdam, BEFORE dry dock, are are returning from Amsterdam to Tampa on Sept 1st, we just noticed that she is “missing” Aug 8th until Aug 20th, anyone heard of another dry dock? When we were last voyage before dry dock She was in need of a lot of upgrades. We love the ship, she just needs some TLC.

Hello, welcome to Cruise Critic. Stop over and say hello. Here's the link to the Roll Call for that sailing. Lots of fun and activities taking place.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2474711

She is still scheduled for a Northern Europe cruise 8-20 August -- it's sold out. That's probably why you see it as missing.

Edited by Wine-O