Advice please - Booking Two cabins on a Future Cruise for Three people?

AidenL

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance please.

My wife and I will be on Reflection on 8th June 2018. While there, we intend to book a cruise to Alaska for the following year.

My wifes Dad, would like to join us on that cruise, so id book for him also if possible.

He would like his own single cabin, as hes a widower, and he doesn't drink, so he would be happy with a non alcoholic package.

It seems Celebrity don't do single cabins though, or if they do, its still the same cost as for two, or am I mistaken. He did RCL once before with my wifes sister and was able to go cheaper there as the alcohol perk was of no benefit to him.

So essentially, can I book for him when aboard, and if so, what kind of information do I need to book him up, and also, can I get him a single cabin, at a reasonable price/

Thanks in advance.

You can definitely book for him. You need his name, address, date of birth. The deposit will go on your credit card.

That’s the good news. The bad news is that he will pay the full price of the room as if it was double occupancy (although he would only pay one set of port taxes, not two)

You can choose whichever perks you find appealing. Keep in mind that the beverage packages include waters, cappuccino, juices, soft drinks, etc. in addition to alcohol.

There would also be some extra onboard credit as a reward for making the bookings while on board.

The new ship, the Edge has a few single rooms that price out to 180% rather than 200% but that’s not the ship you will be booking.

You could also check to see if there is a residence or senior rate available on your selected sailing. These rates don't include perks. I'm sure they would be hesitant to book these rates while onboard but I don't see why they shouldn't have to let you and still be able to get the book on board bonus OBC.

Thanks all, I’ll check it out when on board.

We like Aqua usually, but might go with an ocean view cabin and eat together in the MDR, as he couldn’t get into Blu. Good chance to sample the speciality restaurants together also.

No single cabins on the X ships in the Alaska area. You could always count him in as the third person in your cabin :confused:, but not in Aqua as they are limited to 2 persons. You need to look carefully at the itineraries for Alaska as the port times can vary greatly between ships.

Not sure if he'd be interested, but would he stay in an inside cabin, possibly across the hall from you and your spouse? No perks other than the onboard credit from the future cruise booking would be offered and he could spend that on the non-alcoholic drinks he prefers. The savings would be pretty good if an inside cabin is acceptable.

I think he would prefer his own space though.

On port times, you mean we could be scarce if time in some ports?

No single cabins on the X ships in the Alaska area. You could always count him in as the third person in your cabin :confused:, but not in Aqua as they are limited to 2 persons. You need to look carefully at the itineraries for Alaska as the port times can vary greatly between ships.

I have been looking at that today, and he said he would happily survive on an inside.

He’s only a water, tea and coffee drinker - I wonder how much a non alcoholic package for a week would cost?

Are the costs available online anywhere?

Not sure if he'd be interested, but would he stay in an inside cabin, possibly across the hall from you and your spouse? No perks other than the onboard credit from the future cruise booking would be offered and he could spend that on the non-alcoholic drinks he prefers. The savings would be pretty good if an inside cabin is acceptable.

Have you looked at any of the Family Veranda Cabins? The YouTube that I saw of one on an S class ship showed a cabin with 1 lg and 1 sm bedroom and had a shared living room, veranda and bathroom.

A family veranda would be great - but not a bed in the 2nd area, but a couch that makes into a bed and only one bathroom. We were on the Infinity with an aft Family Veranda - it was perfect for the Panama Canal. If there is an aft Family Veranda for Alaska, that would be great. There is a sliding door to separate the 2 sleeping areas. . . . Second consideration would be an inside across the hall. Two bathrooms, a real bed in the inside, and easy to come across the hall to view Alaska from the balcony.

A family veranda would be great - but not a bed in the 2nd area, but a couch that makes into a bed and only one bathroom. We were on the Infinity with an aft Family Veranda - it was perfect for the Panama Canal. If there is an aft Family Veranda for Alaska, that would be great. There is a sliding door to separate the 2 sleeping areas. . . . Second consideration would be an inside across the hall. Two bathrooms, a real bed in the inside, and easy to come across the hall to view Alaska from the balcony.

The S class FVs are different. Only one bathroom the same as M class, but have 2 bedrooms and are far forward, unlike the aft ones on M class ;). Additionally, they are usually only bookable for 5 persons and are available for less pax closer to sailing time if they haven’t been reserved.

We have had FVs on all the M class ships except for Summit. However, on S class ships, we stick to reserving 2 rooms (usually a balcony for us and an inside for the kids across the hall).

He’s only a water, tea and coffee drinker - I wonder how much a non alcoholic package for a week would cost?

If truly a water, tea, and coffee drinker - not fancy teas or coffees like cappuccino - then there is no need for a beverage package. Plain old water, tea, and coffee are included in the fare and always available in the Lido, restaurants and bars.

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance please.

My wife and I will be on Reflection on 8th June 2018. While there, we intend to book a cruise to Alaska for the following year.

My wifes Dad, would like to join us on that cruise, so id book for him also if possible.

He would like his own single cabin, as hes a widower, and he doesn't drink, so he would be happy with a non alcoholic package.

It seems Celebrity don't do single cabins though, or if they do, its still the same cost as for two, or am I mistaken. He did RCL once before with my wifes sister and was able to go cheaper there as the alcohol perk was of no benefit to him.

So essentially, can I book for him when aboard, and if so, what kind of information do I need to book him up, and also, can I get him a single cabin, at a reasonable price/

Thanks in advance.

If there is even the slightest chance of someone joining him I would book it for 2 people (use any name you want for the second) and then, if no one is joining him, cancel the second person before final payment. This protects the space for a second person in the cabin should the lifeboat capacity be reached and someone wants to join him. If you cancel before final payment you will be responsible for the second fare but not taxes and port fees, similar to booking it for him alone today.

Be sure to discuss this option both with him and the Future Cruise Counselor onboard your trip.

Steve

I have been looking at that today, and he said he would happily survive on an inside.

As previously mentioned, he would not need a non-alcoholic package if he only drinks water, tea and coffee because those are available for everyone at no charge, as well as milk, hot chocolate, hot and iced tea, juices, lemonade and fruit punch.

His stateroom attendant will provide an ice bucket and water pitcher in his cabin, upon request, and refill them for him twice daily.

Getting his own cabin will enable him to sleep in a comfortable, regular bed, have his own bathroom and TV, privacy when he wants it, and far more storage space.

He may get a better price without perks if he qualifies for any of the discount categories (such as senior, resident, interline, veteran).

However, those discounted rates are often not available until close to the departure date, so they may not be available at the time that you are booking on board.

If the cruise is selling well at the regular prices, they may not be offered at all.

You could do a refundable booking on board to get him the bonus for booking onboard and to reserve him a cabin in a desirable location.

Then if a better discounted price for which he qualifies shows up later, as long as it is before final payment, he could switch to whatever price category is most favorable for him at that time.

Earlier this month on the Solstice I believe the non alcoholic beverage package was $22/day. If he does not need the fancy coffees or teas from the cafe he would be fine with the complimentary beverages in the ocean view buffet. Coffee and tea are served in the main dining room at meals without additional charge.

Thanks everyone - he does sip a latte or a hot chocolate at times, so he will have to decide if thats worth 20 dollars per day approximately it seems !

If without this package, those would start at approx $6 per coffee drink so you could use that to figure out if the package is worth it for him.

Are the costs available online anywhere?

Last year we decided NOT to purchase a drink package, and total up the cost at the end of the trip. My husband was convinced that he would come out ahead. We paid for specialty coffees , bottled water and drinks. I was amazed that when we totaled up what we spent, we had actually saved money. For what we drank, we would have lost money purchasing the classic drink package

Just something to think about. We will never purchase a drink package in the future

Sent from my iPad using Forums