Transportation from fll to srq

HannaRay

Thanks, everyone. We've always rented a car, but we're getting up there now. Thought we could just hop on one of those buses I see after every cruise, spare ourselves the hassle.

Our best advice is to simply rent a car (suggested by others). In Florida its usually possible to get a one-way rental without extra drop charges and the price of a rental will be far less then other types of transportation.

Hank

Thanks, everyone. We've always rented a car, but we're getting up there now. Thought we could just hop on one of those buses I see after every cruise, spare ourselves the hassle.

We live in North Port. We took the Escot Bus (Cruise Connection) from Miami last November after a TA. It was nice letting someone else do the driving.

We live in North Port. We took the Escot Bus (Cruise Connection) from Miami last November after a TA. It was nice letting someone else do the driving.

Very interesting. Can you give more info?

Some trvl agencies offer a bus option but this sounds like a sep service...We are in Venice, (formerly at Lakeside Plantation, North Port)

SRQ is further than Northport...not sure of any options other than a rental car,

Very interesting. Can you give more info?

Some trvl agencies offer a bus option but this sounds like a sep service...We are in Venice, (formerly at Lakeside Plantation, North Port)

SRQ is further than Northport...not sure of any options other than a rental car,

Maybe check out the services and locations offered in this link but then be sure to read the reviews, as well:

https://www.cruiseconnection.travel/

I was looking for an inexpensive but reliable way to get from Bradenton to Port Everglades last year. We ended up flying instead as we felt more comfortable taking this mode of transport on the way home from a cruise than to the ship on the day of embarkation ... and we didn't need to get back to Bradenton after the cruise.

The reviews weren't great, though ... but this was the company I came up with that had the transportation services for the area you are looking for.

I looked up flights from FLL to SRQ. Best routing: FLL to PHL to CHL to SRQ--almost 10 hours. Escot isn't running on the Monday we return. I ended up booking with Busbud aka Florida Red Line. $50 each. They don't have great reviews either, but figure we can always rent a car as a last resort.

Thanks to everyone for the input. Happy cruising.

I really appreciate all the info..will be looking into options for future trips as it is a long ride down 75 & across Alligator Alley. Going back post cruise can involve terrible rush hr traffic unless we hang around Fll.

For our next cruise we follow our usual pattern when in Fl. We will drive from west to east coast fl a day ahead, visit with grandma, and have booked a pre cruise stay at a hotel near port....pricey but we had points to use..We will park at the port which usually works out okay.

.We have a car in Fl so no need to rent one, so I guess that,'s our best bet for now!

I looked up flights from FLL to SRQ. Best routing: FLL to PHL to CHL to SRQ--almost 10 hours.

It would make a lot more sense to book a nonstop on Southwest from FLL to TPA, and then figure out ground transportation from TPA to Sarasota.

I really appreciate all the info..will be looking into options for future trips as it is a long ride down 75 & across Alligator Alley. Going back post cruise can involve terrible rush hr traffic unless we hang around Fll.

For our next cruise we follow our usual pattern when in Fl. We will drive from west to east coast fl a day ahead, visit with grandma, and have booked a pre cruise stay at a hotel near port....pricey but we had points to use..We will park at the port which usually works out okay.

.We have a car in Fl so no need to rent one, so I guess that,'s our best bet for now!

We would also recommend a rental car to drive from FLL to Sarasota. But since you already have a car in FL, it seems the overnight is a sensible option.

FWIW, we have found that many of the hotels in that area also offer free parking for the duration of the cruise, with free shuttles to the port. The perk of parking alone, frequently makes up for the cost of the hotel rrom for one night, rather than paying for cruise port parking.

I know what you mean about the tedious drive. When we returned last spring, there were wildfires all along Alligator Alley and we were afraid we'd need to detour, but we are able to drive it, but it sure was scary being that close to the fires.

It would make a lot more sense to book a nonstop on Southwest from FLL to TPA, and then figure out ground transportation from TPA to Sarasota.

That's exactly what we had done but in the opposite direction. We were going to take the shuttle from Bradenton to Port Everglades but were nervous of missing the boat if something happened with the shuttle so just booked a flight from TPA to FLL. We have a ton of family in the Tampa Bay area to take us or pick us up from TPA and realize that isn't the case for others.

A bit off topic but want to alert everyone to recent changes made at TPA.,,if you do not need a rental car things are the same ....easy breezy....BUT if you need to get or return a rental car things have changed quite a bit,

we flew out of there recently.,.took a rental car from Venice to TPA,..as usual, but what a nightmare.! Rental car area is now accessed by a hairpin curve upward spiral ( or downward if departing) . It is much further away from the terminal....There is a fairly "wild" train with 2 or 3 stops...elevators somewhere along the way , then a long walk to the usual terminal shuttle....and then to the terminal...Adds alot of time and stress to the journey...not our cup of tea...esp with luggage.

The whole process was so absurd...We have now switched all flights to Ft Meyers /RSW...even if it means going thru Baltimore, it is better than the bs at TPA.. If we can find a limo service willing to do Venice to/fromTPA we will go back but never again with a rental car...!!!

But for our next cruise we'll just drive over a day ahead...

Edited by hcat

We would also recommend a rental car to drive from FLL to Sarasota. But since you already have a car in FL, it seems the overnight is a sensible option.

FWIW, we have found that many of the hotels in that area also offer free parking for the duration of the cruise, with free shuttles to the port. The perk of parking alone, frequently makes up for the cost of the hotel rrom for one night, rather than paying for cruise port parking.

I know what you mean about the tedious drive. When we returned last spring, there were wildfires all along Alligator Alley and we were afraid we'd need to detour, but we are able to drive it, but it sure was scary being that close to the fires.

Yup...The fire season is also a big factor in driving...we have been diverted off the Alley more than once..Going west we made the long circuit along Lake Okechobee..definitely tedious, no good places for lunch, and definitely not scenic!