Cruising Barcelona

Action Dave

Hello everyone: question we will be stopping in Barcelona on Sunday while on our cruise. Everything i read indicated that most shops are closed. Any suggestions on things to do while there? we arrive at 5am and leave at 6pm i believe..Its also the port of embarcation and disembarkation so I assume its very busy. We embark in Rome and dis. in Rome. I am all ears on what to do on a Sunday in Barcelona. Thanks

Member Sailing12away addresses that in her recent review . I can’t get the link to work but search her name. She has a Day by Day review having boarded in Rome.

There is plenty to do-

Literally google “ what to do in Barcelona on a Sunday “

Doing this we found a private tour for 4 hours for 1/2 the cost of a ship tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello everyone: question we will be stopping in Barcelona on Sunday while on our cruise. Everything i read indicated that most shops are closed. Any suggestions on things to do while there? we arrive at 5am and leave at 6pm i believe..Its also the port of embarcation and disembarkation so I assume its very busy. We embark in Rome and dis. in Rome. I am all ears on what to do on a Sunday in Barcelona. Thanks

Either prebook tickets for La Sagrada Familia if it's open or go to Montserrat which is high up in the hills, there's a church to look round and cafe but the views are stunning!

Either prebook tickets for La Sagrada Familia if it's open or go to Montserrat which is high up in the hills, there's a church to look round and cafe but the views are stunning!

Just checked and it's open 9am-8pm. You could possibly do both. Think I'd go to Montserrat first then La Sagrada to make sure you are near the port.

If you’re into Gaudi then La Pedrera aka Casa Mila is well worth a visit. Again pre-book to miss the queues.

If you want to take it easier, a stroll up Las Ramblas into Catalonia Square and then cut across to the cathedral square. From there you can head down the paved street to the left of the cathedral as you face it and just weave your way through the narrow streets and squares back down to the sea front.

If you want it really easy then here’s another vote for the hop on hop off service. I think they run three routes and any two would be possible without dismounting and you’d see a lot of the city.

Alternatively, you don't need any "tours" for either of these, and in my opinion, you are getting less. You are far better off being on your own time. Montserrat - "tour{ are costly and don't include the Cable Car or Rack Railway- fixed time is a negative. If of interest- it's about 23 euros on the R5 https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelona-montserrat.html add the 4 euro round trip port shuttle, and 5 Metro costs, for the totals.

The Sagratta is also simple to get to via Metro from the Port bus- tickets do need to be purchased ahead.

Same with Park Guell- Get the 24 bus (near Plaça de Catalunya), free transfer from the Drassane Metro, which is where you board after the Port bus) Tickets also need to be purchased in advance.