Star Princess arrives in Whittier, Alaska at 12:30am?

alwaysflyin

Hi everyone, looking forward to my Star Princess cruise on 8/4, Vancouver to Whittier.

My question is that we arrive in Whittier at 12:30am 8/11, according to the schedule. Do they really intend for us to disembark then? I cannot imagine so. If you know, what time do they expect us to disembark?

Disembarkation will probably be from 6 AM until about 10 AM, so expect to be off the ship at the latest soon after 9:30 AM.

But you will be asked to be out of your cabin by 8 AM so it can be prepared for the next occupants.

Disembarkation will probably be from 6 AM until about 10 AM, so expect to be off the ship at the latest soon after 9:30 AM.

But you will be asked to be out of your cabin by 8 AM so it can be prepared for the next occupants.

Great information just off the Golden, latest group for independent arrangements was 9:30. Enjoy your cruise.

We just disembarked yesterday, the earliest departure was 6:00 am. You can rent a car in Anchorage but you have to get there. It was for us about 1 1/2 hours and we left the ship at 7:10 am. There are no car rentals in Whittier you have to go to Anchorage by bus. We bought a transfer with our cruise. when you get to the airport the car rental agencies are also there. You can take the train to Denali also from Whittier, I do not know if it also stops in anchorage.

In College Fiord the last sea day we arrived at 5:00 into this fiord, it was so amazing, for us more dynamic than Glacier Bay. We had 5:30 dining and gave up our dining time to enjoy this experience. it was clear blue sky, you could see the tops of all the mountIns and we were told they only get about 6 days like this in a season. It was amazing.

You can rent a car in Whittier with Avis. The only downside is the fee for the one way rental. We are renting a car however in August, because with the four of us that's the most convenient option.

Hi everyone, looking forward to my Star Princess cruise on 8/4, Vancouver to Whittier.

My question is that we arrive in Whittier at 12:30am 8/11, according to the schedule. Do they really intend for us to disembark then? I cannot imagine so. If you know, what time do they expect us to disembark?

Here is a link to recent disembarkation times on the Island Princess. Although the Island is smaller and has fewer passengers, it'll give you an idea of how things are scheduled.

There are no car rentals in Whittier you have to go to Anchorage by bus.

Avis is in Whittier. It's expensive, however. And quite interesting to rent from there. Like I said on my blog it's a convenience store/bait shop/hardware store/harbor store/car rental counter. Yep, it's just as crazy looking inside as it is outside.

IMG_0987.JPG

We took the train to Mt. McKinley Lodge from Star a week ago and had to leave at 7:15 am which did not give us enough time for breakfast! We were able to purchase food on the train. We would have liked to have last breakfast on board ship but just not enough time to get to buffet and back and get to disembarkation area - maybe we are just slow!!