WWYD Babies in Haven Pool/Hot tub

Rileyz

They have drained pool and hot tub. Cleaning both now. They really need to communicate and enforce these rules better. This is all needless and should have been taken care of days ago. Now instead of one cabin being upset ( the rule breakers) they have many. At least they hopefully won’t get sick now. I did tell hd I hope this is enforced at all pools.
Thanks for the update and for your insistence that they do something. Hopefully, they have informed the offender that they are doing this because of them not following the rules. And I hope they are doing something for especially you and the rest of the Haven passengers for the inconvenience.

And this is why NCL Haven is a freakin joke. Sounds exactly like our experience, except about 15 kids. Who would pay for the Haven on NCL after knowing what a disaster it is?

I think this is more the exception than the norm. Just got off the Getaway Haven last week, and there were very few kida. Haven was peaceful all week long. I did see one baby occasionally at breakfast, and he was the happiest, most well-behaved, cutest little boy ever. No complaints last week at all.

Thanks for the update and for your insistence that they do something. Hopefully, they have informed the offender that they are doing this because of them not following the rules. And I hope they are doing something for especially you and the rest of the Haven passengers for the inconvenience.
Well, the OP also reported seeing the same family outside the Haven area in swim outfits, wet, and pool towels..... I hope they clean every pool and do something for everyone for the inconvenience ..... not just the Haven passengers.

Huh? Why is this specifically for Haven? Can steerage can compensation for violation?

Huh? Why is this specifically for Haven? Can steerage can compensation for violation?
I believe that is was the Haven pool the OP was speaking about. If it was the Haven pool that was closed, why would they compensate someone who couldn't use it in the first place.

I believe that is was the Haven pool the OP was speaking about. If it was the Haven pool that was closed, why would they compensate someone who couldn't use it in the first place.
The OP also stated that this same family was seen outside the Haven in swimsuits, wet, and pool towels....... if the Haven pool is closed and being cleaned because of non-potty trained use by this family then it would make perfect sense that the main pool and hot tubs should be closed and cleaned because of use by the non-potty trained child.... this is why every one should be compensated and not just the Haven passengers.... NCL should be closing all pools and hot tubs for cleaning because they can't isolate what pools and hot tubs were not used by the non-potty trained child...... and just like NCL will hand a cleaning bill to those smoking in a room they should be handing a bill to the parents for the cleaning.

The OP also stated that this same family was seen outside the Haven in swimsuits, wet, and pool towels.......
Do you know if they put the little ones in the main pool or did they just have them with them on the deck? We know the little ones were in the Haven pool and that is why it was cleaned, but no one reported them being in the main pool.

I totally agree that the offenders should be paying the cost to clean the Haven pool.

Do you know if they put the little ones in the main pool or did they just have them with them on the deck? We know the little ones were in the Haven pool and that is why it was cleaned, but no one reported them being in the main pool.

I totally agree that the offenders should be paying the cost to clean the Haven pool.

The fact the family was outside the Haven, in a swimsuit, wet and with pool towels.... and the parents know to ditch the swim diapers and no one in the main pool is privy to the Haven incident..... if they were just on deck they wouldn't have been "wet".... while very circumstantial without witmesses certainly not worth the risk not doing anything and exposing the ship to the same issue the Haven pool has..... especially with the known fact the parent's feel entitled to do what they want and ignore safety rules even after being spoken to.

The fact the family was outside the Haven, in a swimsuit, wet and with pool towels.... and the parents know to ditch the swim diapers and no one in the main pool is privy to the Haven incident..... if they were just on deck they wouldn't have been "wet".... while very circumstantial without witmesses certainly not worth the risk not doing anything and exposing the ship to the same issue the Haven pool has..... especially with the known fact the parent's feel entitled to do what they want and ignore safety rules even after being spoken to.

Maybe they had taken them to the Sapphire Kids splash pool?

Maybe they had taken them to the Sapphire Kids splash pool?

Where kids in swim diapers are still not allowed. No NCL ship has an approved water facility for kids in swim diapers. This rule is sometimes relaxed during a European sailing season, as per the EU's ShipSan program.

Sorry you had to spend valuable relaxation time on your cruise fighting this battle - especially after paying for what is supposed to be an upscale experience in the Haven. At those prices, the expectation should be that issues like this should be handled immediately and to your satisfaction. It seems more and more that the cruise lines are refusing to police issues between passengers because they don't want negative feedback. They delay getting involved in the hopes that one or the other of the parties will back down.

I have a "no-go" policy for public pools & hot tubs (ick), with the exception of one that I belong to with a very small group of membership and an enforced "no swim diaper" policy (it has a separate kiddie pool where little ones can pee & poop to their heart's content). What I'm reading on this thread just reinforces my policy 150%

Where kids in swim diapers are still not allowed. No NCL ship has an approved water facility for kids in swim diapers. This rule is sometimes relaxed during a European sailing season, as per the EU's ShipSan program.

Ah sorry, I thought that was an area for the younger kids in swim diapers as it was a splash area and not a pool .