Guarantee room assigned and removed...

We booked a few weeks ago for the June 3rd sailing on Liberty of the Seas. I checked this morning and our room was finally assigned, 7678!!!! Got home this afternoon and pulled up the page again and it shows GTY again. I called and asked and the person said they see the assignment and don't know why it was removed. Any ideas? They could only tell me to keep checking or to find out at check-in Sunday...

I would call again and ask them to email you a copy of your invoice. You’re probably still assigned to that cabin but their sorry website has lost it. See if the assignment shows up on the invoice.

My biggest concern is that I will get a downgrade in cabin now. I assume someone else purchased that cabin and they dropped me back into the GTY status. Prob being paranoid.

Received a gty assigned inside 3 weeks before sailing, was told it was a handicapped access cabin, could be taken back if they needed it, but it never changed come sail date.

I had booked a CP balcony room for 2 and had to go into the GTY pool when my son decided to bring his girlfriend on the cruise. They assigned us a BW balcony room a month later, then a week after that changed us to a CP balcony.

In the meantime, there was a cruise planner sale, and I had cancelled our soda packages (because they were included with the BW room) and bought just internet packages. When they switched us out of the BW room and into the CP room, we lost the two drink packages, and the sale was over. My TA was able to get them to give us $50 in OBC, which I applied towards the purchase of the replacement soda packages.

So, yes, a GTY room can be yanked back away from you -- they aren't actually guaranteed until your butt is actually in the room!

My biggest concern is that I will get a downgrade in cabin now. I assume someone else purchased that cabin and they dropped me back into the GTY status. Prob being paranoid.

How can you be "downgraded" when the lowest cabin category that you paid for in the guarantee is what you might end up with?

We had booked a jr. suite guarantee and got our stateroom assignment Tuesday. While the one we were given was perfectly acceptable, I saw another in a better location and on the hump showing available so I called Royal and they moved me. That was two days ago and my assignment has not changed.

How can you be "downgraded" when the lowest cabin category that you paid for in the guarantee is what you might end up with?

There are some reports on CC where people were assigned a cabin below the GTY level - some folks read those posts and extrapolate.