What’s the towel situation like on Princess?

amandaepperson21

5th cruise, first on Princess this July! How strict are the towel police? If one of the kids forgets one at the pool, will we be charged? Is there a station at each pool to swap out a wet towel for a dry one? We are cruising on the Caribbean Princess, which I understand has 5 pools ... is there a towel station (attended or unattended) at each pool?

I know most cruise lines have the whole “we will charge you an astronomical amount if you lose/take a towel” policy but thus far I’ve never had it enforced. I’ve never intentionally taken or lost one, but we are a family of 5 plus always bring a relative or nanny to help with the kids, so that’s a lot of towels to keep up with lol. The towel police pressure is real.

Last time we were on a cruise there were no pool towels in the stateroom. Plenty of towels at the pool for your use. The pool towels in the room just seemed to get in the way. I'm glad if they permanently removed them.

Princess does not operate like the low end cruise lines.

When you go to the pool, do not take the cabin towels. There are huge containers of the blue and white pool towels near the pools There is no sign out or in. You take what you need and dump them in the "used" bin when you leave the pool area...or you are welcome to remain wrapped up in a pool towel as you walk back to your room and leave it on the bathroom floor to be collected by your steward.

So yes--the quick answer is that there is an unattended towel pick up and drop off near each pool. Some are nearer than others, so if you pass a cart of new towels on the way to the pool, grab what you need.

Lots of towels. No towel police. When you take towels off the ship for a beach day there is usually a bin at the foot of the gangplank for you to drop your towels in as you return.

And another guy standing just before you re-embark, serving small iced towels with a pair of tongs. Princess have thought things through and gone a bit further.

Regards John

Towels still plentiful.

But on 2 recent cruises April(Pacific Coastal) & May(Alaska) both on Ruby, we signed out blankets....I think it is to help with pickup, rather than charging you if one goes missing.

Interesting. In April I took a blanket to my room--no sign out, no questions. Steward took it before the last night though (boo).

Interesting. In April I took a blanket to my room--no sign out' date=' no questions. Steward took it before the last night though (boo).[/quote']

He was just removing any temptation to pack it in your suitcase.

I suspect they lose a great many MUTS blankets over the years. On some cruises people have had to use towels to keep warm at night since they were so short on blankets.

shouldn't you just ask your steward for a blanket for your room/balcony

and leave the MUTS blankets for the MUTS crowd?

Unfortunately, our steward wasn't very good at having even the things that were supposed to be in the cabin placed there. He did tell us that he'd just come back from vacation, so maybe he wasn't quite in working gear yet. I didn't even think of asking him for a blanket. And since I was sleeping on the fold out couch, I didn't have the duvet or other "cover" other than the sheet that was on the couch. I had been cold at night, and didn't even think about a blanket until I saw two carts of them upstairs....so I used one for the movie and took it to my room. I had no intention of taking it home!

Shouldn't I have asked for a blanket? Probably, if it had occurred to me to do so.

If u are in a suite blankets are in your cabin..... for use on your balcony.......

The sign out was not a big deal guy was sitting there with a lined sheet on a clip board you wrote your name, room number how many you were taking, so very low key..... at 12:15 midnight he was gone but paper remained and everyone checked off their name no biggy..

Again I think they did it for less put out and pick up for the staff...also everyone from the first showing returns their blankets makes perfect since to me...so I don't have to question occupied seats when I come early to the 10pm MUTS.

There is no doubt in my mind those blankets have leggs of there own.....I like the new practice, then I know I am receiving a" clean???" blanket and I don't have to use towels if I come late.

If u are in a suite blankets are in your cabin..... for use on your balcony.......

I was in a window suite (no balcony) and if there were blankets somewhere in the room, I never saw them. But I also only saw the "letter" that Passenger Services insisted was in my suite until 2 days later and after asking the steward on embarkation day. When I asked questions at Passenger Services, the man kept saying the info was "in the letter in your cabin" and I kept insisting there was no letter. I don't even remember what the other forgotten item was, but I do know that there were at least 2.

the towel situation was a pleasant surprise for us when we went from Royal Caribbean to Princess. Towels are available at any time, as many as you want, you get to take them to the beach, to your room, anywhere you want to. No need to scan the card for it, exchange the towel under the watchful eye of the RCCL staff, or worry that you forgot it at the pool.

There are huge bins for used towels at the gangway when you come back from the excursion/beach trip.

Love it!

Lots of towels. No towel police. When you take towels off the ship for a beach day there is usually a bin at the foot of the gangplank for you to drop your towels in as you return.

The Princess towel policy is very lenient, however we see quite a few of their towels left behind at beaches, because people are too lazy to return them to the ship. I can see a time when Princess might implement a sign-out policy.

The Princess towel policy is very lenient, however we see quite a few of their towels left behind at beaches, because people are too lazy to return them to the ship. I can see a time when Princess might implement a sign-out policy.

I think what is funny is when you go out on an excursion with a local vendor and he has a stash of all sorts of cruise line towels in his boat....

You are worrying about nothing.....plenty of towels....yes, you can switch them out when you want to. If you DO "lose" a towel, (don't really know how that could happen), there will be PLENTY of towels draped over chairs with nary an owner in sight.