Host Joe

LHT28

Greetings, Sea42, from South Beach. The First Amendment applies in situations where government is involved, and its main purpose is to protect not very nice speech. As far as I can tell, CC is not a governmental entity, so Joe can stop us from exchanging TA info, for example.

Mary

I'm sending you the cleaning bill for the coffee which I just snorted all over a new dress shirt! :')

Greetings, JimandStan, from South Beach. I had no idea what that triangle was. It has the look of those triangles that appear on the road around the trucks used by the people who take coconuts and fragile fronds from palm trees here. I wonder what else I don't know.

Mary

Clicking on the triangle doesn't result in deletion of a post without proper evaluation. It reports the person's objection to the post to the moderator, who then decides whether the post warrants deletion.

Theoretically yes, many times in practice the deletion is questionable though.

Unfortunately, some people aren't very nice with their free speech.

Than those people will be shouted down and shamed. For the most part the marketplace will control that. Don't need big brother here.

Greetings, Sea42, from South Beach. The First Amendment applies in situations where government is involved, and its main purpose is to protect not very nice speech. As far as I can tell, CC is not a governmental entity, so Joe can stop us from exchanging TA info, for example.

Mary

I am also sure CC is not a government entity. If you look at the post that I was responding to, you'll see I was just indulging in a little word play. I was not in any way implying the First Amendment was at play here.

Than those people will be shouted down and shamed. For the most part the marketplace will control that. Don't need big brother here.

But Comrade, that was the Facebook position and even THEY admit that it was a huge error, now.

Are you trolling us? :confused:

zuck.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=1200

I have to agree with that ... sometimes things get a bit over the top. Not often, but it does happen.

I was on the wrong side of a discussion a few years ago. I made the mistake of not reading the post I was responding to carefully enough, and while I stated I wasn't trying to be snarky with my comment some responses were "oh yes you were".

Fortunately for my sanity others came to my defense. But I do try to be more careful these days.

We can have differing opinions. We just sometimes could be more careful about how we phrase our comments.

Mura

I have to agree with that ... sometimes things get a bit over the top. Not often, but it does happen.

I was on the wrong side of a discussion a few years ago. I made the mistake of not reading the post I was responding to carefully enough, and while I stated I wasn't trying to be snarky with my comment some responses were "oh yes you were".

Fortunately for my sanity others came to my defense. But I do try to be more careful these days.

We can have differing opinions. We just sometimes could be more careful about how we phrase our comments.

Mura

I agree. There is nothing wrong with having differing opinions but some people are just too harsh. There is never a need for name calling or belittling someone who has less experience. I have seen both here on CC and it gives an awful impression to new people who come here for information.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I am also sure CC is not a government entity. If you look at the post that I was responding to, you'll see I was just indulging in a little word play. I was not in any way implying the First Amendment was at play here.

For those who don't know, CC is owned by "TripAdvisor".

For those who don't know, CC is owned by "TripAdvisor".

You can get some pretty good info. on Trip Advisor, but the worst put together web site I have ever seen. Some of the print is so small it makes it almost unreadable. They can do a lot better and make into one of the top sites for travel. Just saying, my opinion.