No more Coffee Cards

LARGIN

Why? Your going to not live your cruise to the fullest over the cost of a cup of coffee. That’s like saying I am going to pack Vienna Sausages and Sardines because I won’t pay for specialty dining upcharge. #youcanttakeitwithyou

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We typically use maybe 8 punches on average 14 day cruise. More economical if they will not let you use card on next cruise to just buy coffee as we want it.

Also kind of annoying they went from no expiry date to expiry date of December 31,2018 to now who the hell knows.

NOTHING has changed except for the use of previously purchased coffee cards from previous cruises. Cards purchased for use on a future cruise now have an expiration date of August 2019. Just got this from Princess Cruise directly (6/6/18)

Check with princess regarding Australian cruises.

Well, it has changed a little. Instead of an separate card being issued, it will now be digitally loaded on your cruise card. That way, they can insure that the package is only used on the current voyage. We'll have to see how it plays out in real life, such as getting two brewed coffees at a time, ie will they swipe it twice or give only one at a time?

New Grounds Coffee Package Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Package is not currently offered for pre-purchase on selected voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

The New Grounds Coffee Package has gone digital for voyages beginning in June 2018. View Coffee Package full terms & conditions.

Have a paper New Grounds Coffee Card purchased for voyages prior to June 2018? View Coffee Card full terms & conditions.

Item #2403 $35.65†

Was reading on another thread that many of the agents work from home. This was no surprise since I often hear children in the background or other household sounds. It does account for varying answers for different agents. I imagine they get a few updates by computer daily to policies some read, some unread. If a major change I never take it as fact unless confirmed or denied by 3 agents. A month ago on a 14 day cruise coffee cards could be bought on board as normal. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are in a suite or if you are an elite level Captain's Club member' date=' you get a mini-bar set up in your room. As of yesterday, you could trade your mini-bar for 2 coffee cards (great for those who don't drink alcohol!). A poster above stated that they are now giving only one coffee card for the mini-bar, which makes little sense given the replacement cost of the mini-bar items and the fact that you probably have at least 2 people in the suite.

There is NO confirmation that I can locate as to what the mini-bar exchange deal is now.[/quote']

This information currently exists under Member FAQ under Captains Circle:

"I’m an Elite member, is there a way to customize my mini-bar?

Yes, you can make changes onboard by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged; liquor can also be exchanged for beer. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only."

This does say cards with an s.

At one time this was a very long explanation detailing which wines you could get, specifically saying 2 coffee cards (I have a printed copy of it and where I found it). The answer above is where the long answer once was.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/index.html

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/index.html

Exclusions and Limitations

• CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items.

I am sure Princess will give a different interpretation of "redeemed" to mean "exchanged".

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/index.html

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/index.html

Exclusions and Limitations

• CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items.

I am sure Princess will give a different interpretation of "redeemed" to mean "exchanged".

That's what caught my eye as well….So, if I order room service say, for breakfast, can I only get coffee if I am paying for it? Or do they deliver the continental breakfast and "swipe" my card for the price of the coffee?

It's a tad "confusing"…. :cool:

I just read the above link on web site. It seems a statement of present policy but no indication for those who have been “collecting” cards under old policy. I am guessing they will be good until end of year. The guess is based on the fact that for some months the order taker is writing that date on the back of an

Otherwise blank card. Mike

So I went to manage my upcoming booking in September 2018 and this is under the beverage packages section:

"New Grounds Coffee Package $35.65 per person (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Package that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise."

There is also a link to the Terms and Conditions.

Note that the package does mention premium tea.

Also note that unlike the water package that says only available for pre-purchase, there is no mention of a pre-purchase requirement.

Has any one found a link that specifies the terms of trading in your mini-bar for cards????

There is a select icon which then shows our names and asks you to check who the package is for; after checking you then have the add to cart icon found under the other packages.

Interesting that this says Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Package that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise." And when you click on the link it says

The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

So, does it include both premium tea and hot chocolate? Or just one or the other?

Interesting that this says Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Package that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise." And when you click on the link it says

The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

So, does it include both premium tea and hot chocolate? Or just one or the other?

This is part of the problem. I've found 3 different pages on the Princess web site discussing the new policy, and each one says something different from the others. Totally crazy. You would think that they could at least get all the pages to agree.

I just read the above link on web site. It seems a statement of present policy but no indication for those who have been “collecting” cards under old policy. I am guessing they will be good until end of year. The guess is based on the fact that for some months the order taker is writing that date on the back of an

Otherwise blank card. Mike

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

currently on the Grand. Starting with this cruise coffee cards will be no more. They will swipe your cruise card each time you get coffee. All older cards will not be allowed after this cruise. Also if in a suite and you swap out for coffee cards you only get one not two.. so far I have given away 5 cards [emoji16][emoji16]

One card instead of two? And the cuts go on and on. [emoji78]

One card instead of two? And the cuts go on and on. [emoji78]

If you read the policy as written, it would appear that you cannot trade out the mini bar for any coffee cards. How it comes out in practice may be different than it is in writing

Actually, how the policy is applied in practice has to be different than in some of the writings as each is different and they contradict each other.

I will be interested to know how the number of coffees in the package may vary by itinerary. We will be on the Golden for 28 days. To get the best pricing our DD is booked on the 28 day cruise while we have booked it as an 8 day and a 20 day cruise. It would sure make sense to have different packages on these different length cruises but currently only the 15 coffee package is available for all three cruises.

The two coffee cards were always a very good deal as the option of eight 1.5l bottles of water have a value of $32.20 and the value of one bottle of wine is about the same. The two coffee cards have a value of $71.30. If they have reduced the trade to one coffee card then the three options have about the same value. I won’t feel cheated by exchanging my minibar for a bottle of wine on a 4 day California Coastal.

I wonder if you will be prevented from ordering two specialty coffees at the same time?

I

The two coffee cards were always a very good deal as the option of eight 1.5l bottles of water have a value of $32.20 and the value of one bottle of wine is about the same. The two coffee cards have a value of $71.30. If they have reduced the trade to one coffee card then the three options have about the same value. I won’t feel cheated by exchanging my minibar for a bottle of wine on a 4 day California Coastal.

If you priced out the replacement cost of all the items in the mini-bar according to the price sheet provided by Princess, the value of 2 coffee cards was less than the value of the mini-bar. So if they are now trading for only one card, not a good deal monetarily. However, those of us who trade out the mini bar probably don't want the items in it at all.

I think we need to give Princess time to see what they actually put into practice. I'm suddenly glad that I have two blank cards from my last cruise.

You may want to read the pages on the two links that have been posted here as the second link ( https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/index.html ) has a number of additional items listed than the first link ( https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/index.html ) such as addressing cards bought on Ebay (although Ebay is not specifically named.)

But, in any case, as was just mentioned, before over-reacting, it's probably best to wait and see what Princess is actually going to do in the end.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

You may want to read the pages on the two links that have been posted here as the second link ( https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/index.html ) has a number of additional items listed than the first link ( https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/index.html ) such as addressing cards bought on Ebay (although Ebay is not specifically named.

But, in any case, as was just mentioned, before over-reacting, it's probably best to wait and see what Princess is actually going to do in the end.

Tom

Interesting - I didn't catch that before:

"Cards that have been purchased from secondary sources, other than Princess Cruises, altered, tampered with, photocopied or are expired will be retained by the vessel at their sole discretion and are considered void."

According to the documentation' date=' a coffee card that is completely blank is valid until 8/31/2019.[/quote']

That is how I read it...and I am very pleased to see they have addressed the unauthorized resale of the cards......

It is sort of a pain if you have the PDP..cuz exchanging for 2 cards was easy....but our last 2 cruises we have just passed out the mini bar..and have others receive an immediate benefit then hand someone a full coffee card that may never bee redeemed. Also room attendants have no problem taking left overs, make sure to write a note saying u have left it for them.

"Cards that have been purchased from secondary sources, other than Princess Cruises, altered, tampered with, photocopied or are expired will be retained by the vessel at their sole discretion and are considered void."

Stupid question here - How the heck would Princess know if they were bought from Ebay?

Goofy. That's why we decided to forego coffee that isn't "provided" in the buffet or the MDR. I'll be damned if I pay for their Brewed coffee.

Never stayed in a hotel yet where premium coffee ( brewed regular) wasn't provided. So much for the "all inclusive" cruise, right? :D

If you read the policy as written' date=' it would appear that you cannot trade out the mini bar for any coffee cards. How it comes out in practice may be different than it is in writing

Actually, how the policy is applied in practice has to be different than in some of the writings as each is different and they contradict each other.[/quote']

I would suspect that the abilty to trade out or not would be addressed in the policy governing the benefits of being elite rather than the policy governing the coffee cards themselves, but, then again, maybe not.

Tom

That's the first thing I noticed as this has been a pet peeve of mine..I know it is none of my business...but on a few of my sailings 2 years ago roll callers were actually selling them for 25 bucks on the roll calls. And some claimed they had purchased them...I didn't question the validity of their statements ...but the reality is if you purchased a card on a cruise and did not use it, it can be returned for a full refund, so why would you keep it and sell it for 25 bucks...?????

Just be honest! ..Seller should just say " I got a perk card..want to sell it so I can pocket the cash"..okay I'll shut up now:halo::evilsmile::eek: like I said NOMB...

Thanks for letting me vent.

Edited by land lover

I would suspect that the abilty to trade out or not would be addressed in the policy governing the benefits of being elite rather than the policy governing the coffee cards themselves, but, then again, maybe not.

Tom

That was my 1st thought also.

Specific Elite benefits really have nothing to do with terms and conditions of coffee cards.

Srpilo