Can book as a 7; 14; 21; 28 day cruise?

phabric

I am on the new Sky Med cruise. You can book this cruise as a 7, 14, 21, or 28 day cruise. I am booked for a 14 day.

7 day is Athens to Barcelona

14 day is Athens to Barcelona to Rome

When we dock in Barcelona, do we have to anything - example - new sail cards, re check in? Or do we just treat it as a normal port and get off the ship for an excursion?

Being Elite, I have read that I will have 2 mini bar setups.

I am on the new Sky Med cruise. You can book this cruise as a 7, 14, 21, or 28 day cruise. I am booked for a 14 day.

When we dock in Barcelona, do we have to anything - example - new sail cards, re check in? Or do we just treat it as a normal port and get off the ship for an excursion?

Normal Port, you may get new cards in your cabin, if so old cruise card to disembark - new to re-embark, You will most likely get n intransit card to carry off the ship, no check in

Yes, 2 mini bars. If you want exchanges for the 2nd leg call room service the day before arriving in Barcelona. Room service should deliver what you want. I have had success in the past.

For the last 2 or 3 years the cruise card I have been given at initial embarkation has had the dates for the entire time I will be aboard the ship. That has been for both a single booking number and back-to-back cruises with multiple booking numbers.

That was our experience--same cruise card for both legs of B2B. You can get off in Barcelona and treat it like any other port day. We got an "in transit" card to expedite getting off and back on. In fact, we were instructed to use the crew gangway.

Everything carried over--one folio. OBC, internet minutes, etc. were all good on the next cruise.. Internet host did warn us during the first cruise that if the minutes didn't carry over automatically, see him and he'd fix it.

We did 21 days booked as a single cruise but certain things were done as 3 sevens. We got minibar setups every week. The internet minutes did carry forward. What got lost was my wine package, but always corrected at passenger services. We were given in transit cards but no one ever looked at them when we returned from a port day in Barcelona or in Rome. We had booked as 21 from Athens to Athens.

Just back from 14 days on Crown Rome to Barceona. It was sold as either two 7 day segments or as we did it one 14 day.

At 7 day mark in Athens we were told to either stay on ship and do nothing, or since we had excursion go off ship with cruise card, in transit card and passports.

Didnt need anything other than cruise card as it turned out.

Internet minutes carried over to second week after one simple operation on phone and had two plat/elite parties.

Only hiccup was original tablemates left after 7 day and were replaced by family who were about the rudest we have ever met.

Semi-related: we have booked a 14 day for next year that is two 7 day itineraries. I should technically be platinum after the first week. I feel like I’ve read conflicting accounts; some say I do get a new card, some say no - and I don’t know if I’ll get internet for the second week or not. Any recent data points on this?

My cruise planner/history thing on the website does show I’ll receive 2 for this cruise so I figured that is a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi-related: we have booked a 14 day for next year that is two 7 day itineraries. I should technically be platinum after the first week. I feel like I’ve read conflicting accounts; some say I do get a new card, some say no - and I don’t know if I’ll get internet for the second week or not. Any recent data points on this?

My cruise planner/history thing on the website does show I’ll receive 2 for this cruise so I figured that is a good sign.

Did you book as 7 or 14 days? If 14 do not think you will be platinum the second week

Did you book as 7 or 14 days? If 14 do not think you will be platinum the second week

We booked as 14 since it was significantly cheaper than separately. But posts like this say that it does happen mid cruise, and my account already reflects I will earn 2 credits for this itinerary instead of just 1.

My mom is single in an inside and it shows her earning 4.

We booked as 14 since it was significantly cheaper than separately. But posts like this say that it does happen mid cruise, and my account already reflects I will earn 2 credits for this itinerary instead of just 1.

My mom is single in an inside and it shows her earning 4.

96ed6f83d494e106d3b9bc5d6bbb788a.jpg sorry image didn’t post originally.

You should be platinum for the 2nd segment, but it might not be recognized automatically. During the first segment speak with the Captain's Circle rep so that he/she can do what is needed for you to have the new status for the second segment.

You should be platinum for the 2nd segment, but it might not be recognized automatically. During the first segment speak with the Captain's Circle rep so that he/she can do what is needed for you to have the new status for the second segment.

Question. If booked at 14 days why would stay change the second week?

Princess does not move you in status until you finish the previous cruise. This is why we will only turn elite next year only after finishing a cruise with 155 days

Because on those sorts of cruises Princess operates them as separate shorter cruises even if you book as a longer cruise. We did a 21 night Med cruise last year that was operated as 11 night and 10 night cruises. Internet minutes, MDR menus, speciality restaurant and Sanctuary bookings and so on all worked as two separate cruises. We were able to book the Sanctuary for the whole time when we boarded but only because the Sanctuary manager wrote our second sector bookings on sticky notes. We couldn't book Sabatinis for the first night of the second sector until the last night of the first sector which was a worry as it was our wedding anniversary.

Because on those sorts of cruises Princess operates them as separate shorter cruises even if you book as a longer cruise. We did a 21 night Med cruise last year that was operated as 11 night and 10 night cruises. Internet minutes, MDR menus, speciality restaurant and Sanctuary bookings and so on all worked as two separate cruises. We were able to book the Sanctuary for the whole time when we boarded but only because the Sanctuary manager wrote our second sector bookings on sticky notes. We couldn't book Sabatinis for the first night of the second sector until the last night of the first sector which was a worry as it was our wedding anniversary.

They gave us stockholder obc based on 14 day, but internet minutes as 2 7 days (got more free minutes based on them doing it this way). Did not repeat any entertainment second week and menus were different.

For the last 2 or 3 years the cruise card I have been given at initial embarkation has had the dates for the entire time I will be aboard the ship. That has been for both a single booking number and back-to-back cruises with multiple booking numbers.

I agree. Cruise card has been given for entire trip you booked