Wireless Speakers.......the NEW BOOM BOX of Old?

We just got off the Anthem this morning. Ship was great had a few issues here and there but nothing awful. Well that was until our Bermuda day. Went out on our balcony after we departed Bermuda to enjoy the view and all I could hear was loud music, people singing loudly (and poorly I might add), jumping around, etc. An hour later it was still going strong so I called security. An officer came by and told me "they're just having fun" WHAT?? Really? Another 45mins goes buy and I walked to guest services to voice my displeasure. Guess services acted quickly and they apologized for not taking care of the situation the first time. Thankfully the music stopped and we didn't have an issue the remainder of the cruise. Not in the room anyway. These people thought it appropriate to play there music on their wireless speaker in the elevator! I'm I just getting old? :confused:

We were on Adventure this past March. On one of our second sea day a man brought his wireless speaker to the pool deck with him and proceeded to play music very loudly. We were 6 or 8 chairs away from him and we had to raise our voices to talk to each other. We said something to the staff and they told him he had to turn it down. He lowered the volume to where it was barely audible to us.

We just got off the Anthem this morning. Ship was great had a few issues here and there but nothing awful. Well that was until our Bermuda day. Went out on our balcony after we departed Bermuda to enjoy the view and all I could hear was loud music, people singing loudly (and poorly I might add), jumping around, etc. An hour later it was still going strong so I called security. An officer came by and told me "they're just having fun" WHAT?? Really? Another 45mins goes buy and I walked to guest services to voice my displeasure. Guess services acted quickly and they apologized for not taking care of the situation the first time. Thankfully the music stopped and we didn't have an issue the remainder of the cruise. Not in the room anyway. These people thought it appropriate to play there music on their wireless speaker in the elevator! I'm I just getting old? :confused:

Was this late at night? I think there has to be some tolerance during the day time. It sounds like people were trying to enjoy their cruise.

We were in Labadee recently and someone had one of the cabanas with music blasting so that it could be heard by anyone in the water. I'm not a big country music fan and that's what they were playing for all of us.

We've been running into issues with many who consider that they are the only ones on the ship by slamming cabin doors (over and over again) late at night and early in the morning, standing in the hallway and talking loudly, pushing their way into full elevators, etc. I guess when you get this many people together, some will exhibit this kind of behavior. It's a shame as it is still a small percentage - but appears to be growing.

I'm confused...you could hear music from an elevator all the way out on your balcony? That must have been REALLY loud!

An age old problem that will likely never see an end. Unfortunately, some people feel that their own enjoyment trumps everyone else's. You're lucky they stopped. Often people will turn it down for an hour then turn it right back up and if you keep complaining, they start to do it specifically to spite you.

I'm confused...you could hear music from an elevator all the way out on your balcony? That must have been REALLY loud!
First it was on their balcony, they were above our cabin. Then we saw them later in the elevator.

These are a pet hate of mine.

I know, even this far out that the bungalow next to ours on Labadee in Oct will be playing some music over one just to spoil my day :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like they were having a great time.

We were in Labadee recently and someone had one of the cabanas with music blasting so that it could be heard by anyone in the water. I'm not a big country music fan and that's what they were playing for all of us.

We've been running into issues with many who consider that they are the only ones on the ship by slamming cabin doors (over and over again) late at night and early in the morning, standing in the hallway and talking loudly, pushing their way into full elevators, etc. I guess when you get this many people together, some will exhibit this kind of behavior. It's a shame as it is still a small percentage - but appears to be growing.

I’ve noticed a growing trend of people who feel that the fact that they paid a lot for something entitles them to behave like total a-holes. I live in a community that is known for having more upscale homes, and the residents sense of entitlement is just astounding in comparison to neighboring communities.

If this was during the day, I probably wouldn't have complained. We often bring a wireless speaker on vacation, though we don't blast it. It is vacation after all and it isn't like you are sailing on Holland America or Cunard. This is a mainline cruise line.

If this was during the day, I probably wouldn't have complained. We often bring a wireless speaker on vacation, though we don't blast it. It is vacation after all and it isn't like you are sailing on Holland America or Cunard. This is a mainline cruise line.
Blasting music with explicit language, singing said lyrics louder and louder while jump around like idiots is not acceptable. I for one don't really care what time this type of behavior occurs. If your music or behavior is disruptive to other guests it is not acceptable period. I am all about having a good time BUT one must consider the impact it may have on others. I did wonder how they would have dealt with me blasting music at 8am while they were sleeping off a hangover? :confused:

Was this late at night? I think there has to be some tolerance during the day time. It sounds like people were trying to enjoy their cruise.

Excuse me? People were trying to enjoy their cruise? Seriously? I have to listen to someone else’s music so they can enjoy their cruise?

Excuse me? People were trying to enjoy their cruise? Seriously? I have to listen to someone else’s music so they can enjoy their cruise?

No need to get fired up, just making an honest observation. In all my cruises I have never seen any posted regulations about music on a stateroom balcony. I always hear some music, and more often a lot of chatter. Again, if it was late at night and disturbing someone trying to sleep, that would be one thing. But a little music on the balcony, that's pretty common.

Why, with earbuds and wireless headphones do people need to disturb others with their choice of music? Why??? I don 't assume anyone wants to listen to my choices, why would they assume I or anyone else wants to listen to theirs? So intrusive and rude, whatever time of day.

Why, with earbuds and wireless headphones do people need to disturb others with their choice of music? Why??? I don 't assume anyone wants to listen to my choices, why would they assume I or anyone else wants to listen to theirs? So intrusive and rude, whatever time of day.

On the pooldeck or a public space, I agree. On my stateroom balcony, at a REASONABLE level, I don't see any problem with a little music.

why, with earbuds and wireless headphones do people need to disturb others with their choice of music? Why??? I don 't assume anyone wants to listen to my choices, why would they assume i or anyone else wants to listen to theirs? So intrusive and rude, whatever time of day.

^^^ this ^^^

On the pooldeck or a public space, I agree. On my stateroom balcony, at a REASONABLE level, I don't see any problem with a little music.

The PROBLEM was that the people in discussion here were NOT respecting others. There are a lot of people that think that songs that are repetitive and include vulgar language are their "norm" so they don't think twice when BLARING those types of songs on a ships deck or their own cabin where 4 to 12 year olds are within earshot & also "attempting to enjoy THEIR vacation". There is NO REASON that a family should be asked to endure raunchy blaring "tunes" no matter what the people playing it "thinks" is acceptable.

Blasting music with explicit language, singing said lyrics louder and louder while jump around like idiots is not acceptable. I for one don't really care what time this type of behavior occurs. If your music or behavior is disruptive to other guests it is not acceptable period. I am all about having a good time BUT one must consider the impact it may have on others. I did wonder how they would have dealt with me blasting music at 8am while they were sleeping off a hangover? :confused:

Get a life!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s amazing to me that there is even a sliver of justification regarding this topic. I’m all for personal freedom and expression UNTIL it infringes on my own freedoms. On a ship with such diverse groups in close proximity to each other, it is impossible to please everyone.

I will be THAT guy who is knocking on the door asking you to turn it down, or calling security to complain if my polite requests are ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums