Boarding time is between 1-1:30, when will be on the ship?

LongHill44

Boarding time is between 1-1:30 out of Baltimore, when willwe be on the ship?

Trying to figure out how long this process if we are thereat 1:00 and ready to go?

What is the average time to get onto the ship, an hour?

Terminology is the key here

Check-In Time is when Carnival allows you to walk in the door to stand in line to approach the check-in counter.

Boarding time is when you board the ship.

carnival doesn't assign "Boarding" time

So, to answer the question, if Boarding time is between 1 and 1:30,,, I would assume you will be on the ship somewhere between 1:15 and 1:45.

So, to answer the question, if Boarding time is between 1 and 1:30,,, I would assume you will be on the ship somewhere between 1:15 and 1:45.

If boarding time is between 1:00 and 1:30, that is when you WILL be on the ship, since you are BOARDING the ship.

Carnival never allows passengers to select nor assigns boarding times, only check-in times.

As stated, the time which boarding begins varies, your boarding time will vary based on how many passengers check-in before you.

No way to micro-manage this.

If you want to be on the ship ASAP then get to the port at 11am. After checkin you will sit and wait until your number is called. If you want to deal with less lines and wait time then arrive around 1:30. Have fun !

of course the factors can be controlled, it's called organization

To some extent. But in reading on here, it appears Baltimore is notorious for having late ship returns.

I assume the 1-1:30 time the OP is referring to is really check in time. If you assume that boarding has already started and the organization has worked as planned, then it is usually about 30 minutes to get through the process of check-in, photos and walk on board.

To some extent. But in reading on here, it appears Baltimore is notorious for having late ship returns.

I assume the 1-1:30 time the OP is referring to is really check in time. If you assume that boarding has already started and the organization has worked as planned, then it is usually about 30 minutes to get through the process of check-in, photos and walk on board.

Actually, in the ports with the new procedures (using passport photos for Sail and Sign and keys in cabin mailboxes) in place it was more like 10 minutes from entering the terminal until going up the gangway when we arrived after boarding had already started. And, it would have been less had the people ahead of us not tried to bring liquids in bottles! They held up the security line.

Trying to figure out how long this process if we are thereat 1:00 and ready to go?

Aren't you part of a large group, like 40-50 people? Do you all have the same check-in time?? If that's the case, then you can expect it will take more time to check in that large of a group.

I'm also a little confused about your earlier posts. You asked about going to your stateroom before 1:30 so your children could change into their swimsuits. If your check in time is 1-1:30, there is not going to be a need to try to get to your room early.

Just remember the most important thing you can bring on a cruise is patience. If you over think your cruise, then you are in for some disappointments. Roll with it and keep your sense of humor. You will have a much more enjoyable cruise. Particularly with that large of a group. You may feel like you're trying to herd cats! ;)

I have a lot of experience with the Port of Baltimore. Yes the Pride is on time challenged more sailings than not. Have your PVP or travel professional sign you up for the text or email travel alerts, if not contact Carnival's CS to walk you through the new online check-in as to how to do it yourself.

The Pride in general is scheduled to dock every Sunday around 9am, but due to tides, weather, and the harbormaster it's not uncommon for her to arrive late (3 hours is the longest we have experienced). Even on the rare occasion she docks early Customs is not on duty there till 8:30am and will rarely clear the ship before 9am for disembarkation. When she runs late they just shift the timeframe for everything by that.

These delays trickle over to the parking situation. Though the lot has ample spaces, due to the exit crossing over the entrance area the parking attendants don't allow new passengers to park until the lot is mostly empty. That is usually about 1.5-2.5 hours after disembarkation occurs. In turn this affects drop-offs since many people arrive early for the parking clogging up the access roads enough for the local police to do traffic control (mostly by having cars and shuttles circle under the overpass).

The terminal generally opens to new passengers about 10:30/11am for wedding and priority passengers, with the earliest check-in appointments being at 12-12:30pm. The port personnel here are strict about the check-in appointment times (at least early on) so if you arrive early and are not priority be prepared to wait outside.

Boarding when on time can start at noon, but that is mostly reserved for the wedding party. Priority passengers will board about 20-30 minutes later. General boarding is rarely prior to 1pm (about 3 hours after the ship started disembarkation), and this terminal does not use zone numbers. Passengers with general boarding are asked to sit is specific rows in the waiting area upon completion of their physical check-in, and are dismissed aisle by aisle by port personnel to board. Changing seat areas can cause you to lose our place in "line".

The security here does inspect every case of non-alcoholic drinks and bottles of wine for tampering and the Sail & Sign cards are issued at the check-in counter so processing is the same slow service it always been. But for most non-priority passengers the upside to this is the cabins are ready (2pm) once they get aboard. Once aboard usually only the Atrium glass elevators and 2 of the forward elevators are open for passenger use, the rest are reserved for luggage delivery. Muster is held outside (weather conditions permitting) about 4:15, so bar and food service closes around 3:45pm, for a 5pm sail away.

You will go right on board.

Aren't you part of a large group, like 40-50 people? Do you all have the same check-in time?? If that's the case, then you can expect it will take more time to check in that large of a group.

I'm also a little confused about your earlier posts. You asked about going to your stateroom before 1:30 so your children could change into their swimsuits. If your check in time is 1-1:30, there is not going to be a need to try to get to your room early.

Just remember the most important thing you can bring on a cruise is patience. If you over think your cruise, then you are in for some disappointments. Roll with it and keep your sense of humor. You will have a much more enjoyable cruise. Particularly with that large of a group. You may feel like you're trying to herd cats! ;)

Interesting...……….

That large group is around 32 or so

We are not all arriving at the same time, nor have the same check-in times

No where on Carnival does I say rooms will be ready by 1:30, in fact, one here, it seems to vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. Trying to narrow it down to the Pride recently

I agree with herding, I am the leader per say but I made it clear, everyone do what they want, I will advise what I am doing and come join if you wish, I am not going to impose on someone's vacation..

I have a lot of experience with the Port of Baltimore. Yes the Pride is on time challenged more sailings than not. Have your PVP or travel professional sign you up for the text or email travel alerts, if not contact Carnival's CS to walk you through the new online check-in as to how to do it yourself.

The Pride in general is scheduled to dock every Sunday around 9am, but due to tides, weather, and the harbormaster it's not uncommon for her to arrive late (3 hours is the longest we have experienced). Even on the rare occasion she docks early Customs is not on duty there till 8:30am and will rarely clear the ship before 9am for disembarkation. When she runs late they just shift the timeframe for everything by that.

These delays trickle over to the parking situation. Though the lot has ample spaces, due to the exit crossing over the entrance area the parking attendants don't allow new passengers to park until the lot is mostly empty. That is usually about 1.5-2.5 hours after disembarkation occurs. In turn this affects drop-offs since many people arrive early for the parking clogging up the access roads enough for the local police to do traffic control (mostly by having cars and shuttles circle under the overpass).

The terminal generally opens to new passengers about 10:30/11am for wedding and priority passengers, with the earliest check-in appointments being at 12-12:30pm. The port personnel here are strict about the check-in appointment times (at least early on) so if you arrive early and are not priority be prepared to wait outside.

Boarding when on time can start at noon, but that is mostly reserved for the wedding party. Priority passengers will board about 20-30 minutes later. General boarding is rarely prior to 1pm (about 3 hours after the ship started disembarkation), and this terminal does not use zone numbers. Passengers with general boarding are asked to sit is specific rows in the waiting area upon completion of their physical check-in, and are dismissed aisle by aisle by port personnel to board. Changing seat areas can cause you to lose our place in "line".

The security here does inspect every case of non-alcoholic drinks and bottles of wine for tampering and the Sail & Sign cards are issued at the check-in counter so processing is the same slow service it always been. But for most non-priority passengers the upside to this is the cabins are ready (2pm) once they get aboard. Once aboard usually only the Atrium glass elevators and 2 of the forward elevators are open for passenger use, the rest are reserved for luggage delivery. Muster is held outside (weather conditions permitting) about 4:15, so bar and food service closes around 3:45pm, for a 5pm sail away.

awesome info, thanks

Actually, in the ports with the new procedures (using passport photos for Sail and Sign and keys in cabin mailboxes) in place it was more like 10 minutes from entering the terminal until going up the gangway when we arrived after boarding had already started. And, it would have been less had the people ahead of us not tried to bring liquids in bottles! They held up the security line.

But the OP is not sailing out of a port with these procedures. The OP was asking about Baltimore specifically. I am thankful Maryred came on and gave more detail as the best I could do was issue a warning about late arrival/boarding being likely with the Pride and advise that once the process started, if timely, would be about 30 min given the 1-130 check in.

awesome info, thanks

Agreed that was great info, we will be on the Pride in July as well. Which sailing will your group be on?

I'm not new to cruising but new to the Pride and most of your posts have asked similar questions to I wanted to ask as well, so thanks for getting me all the answers LOL :D

Agreed that was great info, we will be on the Pride in July as well. Which sailing will your group be on?

I'm not new to cruising but new to the Pride and most of your posts have asked similar questions to I wanted to ask as well, so thanks for getting me all the answers LOL :D

We will be cruising July 4th week

Def sometime before they set sail....

No one can tell you when YOU would be on the ship based on your CHECK IN time, only what they experienced on their cruise. Too many things can impact either their embarkation or yours. Typically late check in gets you on ship quickly though.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Interesting...……….

That large group is around 32 or so

We are not all arriving at the same time, nor have the same check-in times

No where on Carnival does I say rooms will be ready by 1:30, in fact, one here, it seems to vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. Trying to narrow it down to the Pride recently

I agree with herding, I am the leader per say but I made it clear, everyone do what they want, I will advise what I am doing and come join if you wish, I am not going to impose on someone's vacation..

Sorry...for some reason I was thinking your group was all family. Like a family cruise or celebration for someone in a large family.

Happy cruising